Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

'Must do' overnight in South France

ExploreCampers

ExploreCampers

Explore Campervans - Luxury Campervan Rental
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
We are planning a journey this year to the South of France, the itinery is open and I would be interested to hear any 'must do' suggestions for overnights in the Cali?

Stunning locations to wake up to, preferably coastal, all suggestions welcome! :grin:

There is an Aire near Millau Bridge you could try.

Mt Ventaux is well worth a visit, nearby Bedoin is a nice place.

Stu said:
There is an Aire near Millau Bridge you could try.

Mt Ventaux is well worth a visit, nearby Bedoin is a nice place.

Thanks Stu, the Millau Bridge has been on my list of things to see for a while now, hopefully get there this time.

Be good to get our Californias together at some point they are 'almost' identical twins!

I've just posted in another thread actually about a site in Millau which we visited to meet up with Phil & Sylv and was very nice. certainly somewhere we would check out next time we're down there.

Millau was quite a surprising little village with much more there than we'd anticipated. We've been there before and simply looked at the bridge before driving off.

A meet up would be good. Are you coming to the Hollands Wood meet this weekend?

We have some of the 'rarer' Berghaus too as I recently found out ;)

I'm quit shocked at how expensive the Tolls are to get down there.

Our little trip the week before last has a balance of 142 Euro on the Sanef Toll Tag :eek:

The tolls have become very expensive, just like everything else in France!

I've never used a Toll tag, have you found it useful, I've never had to queue for long at any tolls going to the Alps.

We are planning to drive through this Alps on this next trip, so should avoid a lot of the motorways anyway.

Don't think we can make the New Forest meet, I'm under pressure to attend my mums birthday party! :headwall

I would recommend the tag. I think it's a great system.

It does cost a little bit as there are some fees attached to having it but you can't beat it for convenience.

Good, and in our experience pretty accurate, suggestions here about how to get to the south or south west at optimum cost. Uses tolls where it makes sense and offers the best of the N roads and toll free autoroutes for the rest:

http://about-france.com/travel.htm

Chris

ChrisandPenney52 said:
Good, and in our experience pretty accurate, suggestions here about how to get to the south or south west at optimum cost. Uses tolls where it makes sense and offers the best of the N roads and toll free autoroutes for the rest:

http://about-france.com/travel.htm

Chris

A great link, thank you!