Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY23 T6.1 Ocean Sliding Side Window Rubber Seals Missing??

yorkshiredave

yorkshiredave

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Apologies if this has been asked before but couldn’t find any matching threads when I searched.

On our brand new June ‘23 Ocean, I’ve only just noticed that there do not appear to be any ‘outer’ rubber window seals on either of the side sliding windows (see pics below).

IMG_1534.jpeg

There only seems to be a single ‘inner’ seal. Is this normal and consistent with others new T6.1 Oceans?

On the T5.1 California SE we‘ve upgraded from, there was definitely an outer rubber that sealed the gap between the sliding window glass and the surrounding glass, though can’t recall if there was also an ‘inner’ seal.

Appreciate that the sliding window design has changed (for the better in terms of being able to open/close them easily) but can’t believe () that VW would leave such a gap, must contribute to wind noise and how much water will have to drain away through the door when it lashes down!

IMG_1532.jpeg

Would appreciate knowing if it’s ‘standard’ so that I’m not worrying about impending leakages!! Van is kept in the garage and the Gods have favoured us (me) to date with dry camping trips, tho the missus didn’t complain about any leaks down at Soul Circus last weekend! I know I could chuck a bucket of water at it but why invite misfortune!

Thanks!

Normal. The seal is on the back. Ours never leaked but I do blow the suds out of it after washing!

Last edited:
Back