Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nearside awning rail? It does Nowt!

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Could someone make a suggestion how to make use of this rail? I assume someone sells bits n bobs that will slide in an attach things like washing lines, etc etc? Any clues.. It does seem a waste having it but doing nothing? Suggestions please!!

Could someone make a suggestion how to make use of this rail? I assume someone sells bits n bobs that will slide in an attach things like washing lines, etc etc? Any clues.. It does seem a waste having it but doing nothing? Suggestions please!!
My washing line and roof topper use this rail

I believe it's called a "C" channel. Its possible to buy awnings, canopies, washing drying lines etc that will fit this rail. The Club sell some items but also thumb screws (That's not a device of torture!) that also fit this rail so I guess in theory you can attach almost anything you wish. Personally? I like the idea of an additional awning for the Cali as a shelter from the sun as it's not always possible to park up facing the way you want.
I am sure others will have other ideas for you.

The previous owner of our Vango Kela awning described how he sometimes set up the Kela on the opposite side of the van as a more separate accommodation and used the roll out awning on it’s own as normal - ie both sides at the same time

It also acts as a good protection strip when resting ladders on it for roof rack, roof box access etc

I fitted the slide-in awning adapter and slide in another tarp and peg it down as a sun shade to stop the van heating up on the hot sunny days.
Loz what is the awning adapter for the slide in. Thinking about it the kador would be no good right?

Arent those rubber strips standard? Or is that just on the beach?

As above I use it with a tarp with a kador strip sewed on.

Hi, we have one of these we had fitted to our Landy, going to try mounting onto rail, Quick Pitch shower curtain

15A9E7B2-805A-415D-83B5-FE88234D92C4.png

4E64BBF7-53B6-48C1-8850-350117B668B7.jpeg

I believe it's called a "C" channel. Its possible to buy awnings, canopies, washing drying lines etc that will fit this rail.

I like the sound of a canopy that fits in to this rail. It would be great for some temporary shelter for when pitching up or taking down when it's wet.

Does anyone have any experience (pictures even better) of a canopy they'd recommend?

Is there any reason why a kador strip attached to a basha or similar couldn't be threaded into the rail?

Might be useful for a small shelter for bikes - and charging E bikes, perhaps using a tarp as Loz suggests.

Tom

Back