Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New cali coast on order :-)

Peter V

Peter V

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hello to the forum
Peter from Belgium calling
Orderd a T6 cali coast edition with plenty off extra's....:)
Now for the long wat till 30 june..
Anybody has any remarcs on the accuricy of delivery dates as I have plans for using it on 1 july..
I mean are they spot on or mosteley sooner or (hope not) later...
Also looking now on the internet for added "goodies"...
What I found on the new editions is the floor is made from grey plastick
As I remeber it , it yoused to be in some sort of "wood disign" (laminate parket is the word
over here , not quite shore wat it means in English)
Is there some place you can order that or is it best to DIY as Im quite a handy man...
And Im not interested in carpets.....:talktothehand
cheers
Peter

Hi and welcome from an other Belgian member ,
Witch region are you from?

Nice to see a Coast owner pop up as they do come to the UK

Where did you you buy ?

Putting laminate on top of the rubber floor think is a no go , due to the floorrails
And,
replacing the rubber floor with laminate is gonne be hard , i belive it goes under the wardrobes....

Hello
Im from Bredene orderd it also in bredene at the official VW dealer with good "saloncoditions";)
I know you can get some carpets , even thick comfort carpets , so shoreley a thin laminate , affcourse with cut outs for the rails, schould also fit ? maybe a vinyl "wood look alike" floor cover?
cheers
Peter

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

The carpets are cut round the floor rails, so doing the same with a thin laminate should be fine.

There is a roller under the rear seat drawer (SE, Ocean and I guess the Coast) which may cause a problem as it has to sit on the carpet and tends to flatten the pile. Laminate will not be so forgiving and might either jam the drawer at worst, or make it stiff to pull out at best.

There will also be a height difference where the laminate meets the front carpet, but that can be overcome.

Would you run the laminate right to the back of the van, or leave the boot as plastic?

Alan

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum.

The carpets are cut round the floor rails, so doing the same with a thin laminate should be fine.

There is a roller under the rear seat drawer (SE, Ocean and I guess the Coast) which may cause a problem as it has to sit on the carpet and tends to flatten the pile. Laminate will not be so forgiving and might either jam the drawer at worst, or make it stiff to pull out at best.

There will also be a height difference where the laminate meets the front carpet, but that can be overcome.

Would you run the laminate right to the back of the van, or leave the boot as plastic?

Alan[/QUOT
Hello Alan
thnx for the info
I would pefer it runs down the boot aswell
I 'm looking for something like the Mercedes marco polo has in this pic , but mayebe onother wood disign...
cheers
Peterviano-marco-polo-10C1411_02.jpg

Hello to the forum
Anybody has any remarcs on the accuricy of delivery dates as I have plans for using it on 1 july..
As I remeber it , it yoused to be in some sort of "wood disign" (laminate parket is the word
Is there some place you can order that or is it best to DIY as Im quite a handy man...
cheers
Peter
Welcome. As far as Delivery Dates are concerned, in the UK at least they seem very variable and the initial date rarely seems to hold true over time. I hope you are the exception but I fear you will not be. The first hurdle will be a factory confirmed build date. Once you have that then you can decide if you need to make alternative plans.

Welcome, what is the difference between a coast and an ocean?

Welcome, what is the difference between a coast and an ocean?
helloo
ABOUT 8000 EURO LOL...
The coast is the basic version of the ocean ....
it start as low as 38.000 euro with the basic diesel engine and hardley no options , but you get all you need
an this is a new cali at prices lower than most 5 year old second hands...
Mind you I upgraded mine with optoins so its almost a coast , but the coast has everything electric, such as
roof, doors, seats, backdoor, wich I dont need , im 50 not 80...;-)
I made some upgrades that I do want and are not standard in the coast
its all comes down to what you want and what its worth to you
cheers
Peter

helloo
ABOUT 8000 EURO LOL...
The coast is the basic version of the ocean ....
it start as low as 38.000 euro with the basic diesel engine and hardley no options , but you get all you need
an this is a new cali at prices lower than most 5 year old second hands...
Mind you I upgraded mine with optoins so its almost a coast , but the coast has everything electric, such as
roof, doors, seats, backdoor, wich I dont need , im 50 not 80...;-)
I made some upgrades that I do want and are not standard in the coast
its all comes down to what you want and what its worth to you
cheers
Peter

It says Coast a few times where it should be Ocean....;)

It would be nice to see the full spec. list so we can compare with the Ocean.

That we all have seen , got the brochures myself;)
What i asked was , what did you added as options....:thumb

Hello to the forum
cheers
Peter
Hi, nice to have another Belgian on the site.
Looks like you have a similar sense of humour to Hotel California which will be appreciated! :thumb
I like the idea of thin wood effect vinyl for the floor.​

Hi , i've also have the california coast on order in bredene belgium . The bigest difference between the coast and ocean are the roof and heater . On the coast you pop the roof up by hand and there is no standheater . The coast is much much cheaper in belgium and allows you to customize as much as you like . I've taken many extra in my coast - heater sat nav , tow hook , heated whipers , electric doors , heavy duty batt&dynamo , alarm , automatic lights & whipers , shower , parking sensor & camera , cruise control , led backlights , front collision system and all this comes upp to the standerd price of the ocean . Sorry for spelling ( belgian )

Hi , i've also have the california coast on order in bredene belgium . The bigest difference between the coast and ocean are the roof and heater . On the coast you pop the roof up by hand and there is no standheater . The coast is much much cheaper in belgium and allows you to customize as much as you like . I've taken many extra in my coast - heater sat nav , tow hook , heated whipers , electric doors , heavy duty batt&dynamo , alarm , automatic lights & whipers , shower , parking sensor & camera , cruise control , led backlights , front collision system and all this comes upp to the standerd price of the ocean . Sorry for spelling ( belgian )

Welcome to the new member from Belgium .
Pretty soon we can start thinking about a Belgian meet...

I like the would like a coast spec up close to my SE with a manual roof
Welcome

I like the would like a coast spec up close to my SE with a manual roof
Welcome

I was thingking the same when going to the presentation of the T6 Cali...
But adding all the options makes it pretty much as expencive as a Ocean.
A big downside is that the Coast has no double glazed windows in the back!

hello Martin mayebe we see eachother in the showroom lol
mine is due at 30 june what's delivery date?
anyway heres what I orderd as options

mettalic 'mojawe beige"colour
alarmsystem
camping inside led lights
stand heating
comfortbed
outside shower att.
radio composition colour
musquito net left
extra sliding window in the sliding door with musquito net
privacy dark tinded windows
accoustic parking system
cruise ctrl
extra air clean filter
safe
towing hook
carpets in front
alcantara seats (you have to take them with the heated option !!!)
and wheels with winter tyres
I looked at some 18 inch alloy rims , but at 2800 euro thats a bit steep
I will shop for those elsewhere.. so I can still hold my standard wheels for in the winter...
It all came out even 5000 euro cheaper than a ocean with the same options I
wanted on my coast......
cheers
Peter

hello Martin mayebe we see eachother in the showroom lol
mine is due at 30 june what's delivery date?
anyway heres what I orderd as options

mettalic 'mojawe beige"colour
alarmsystem
camping inside led lights
stand heating
comfortbed
outside shower att.
radio composition colour
musquito net left
extra sliding window in the sliding door with musquito net
privacy dark tinded windows
accoustic parking system
cruise ctrl
extra air clean filter
safe
towing hook
carpets in front
alcantara seats (you have to take them with the heated option !!!)
and wheels with winter tyres
I looked at some 18 inch alloy rims , but at 2800 euro thats a bit steep
I will shop for those elsewhere.. so I can still hold my standard wheels for in the winter...
It all came out even 5000 euro cheaper than a ocean with the same options I
wanted on my coast......
cheers
Peter
Good morning Peter from sunny Ostend , we will see eachother 30th of june . That's the date we have been given , hope it's not any later . We stuck to a white cali with the privacy dark tinted windows . Also we took the led lights inside and the comfort bed the extra air filter and safe . Front carpets . About the alloys we didn't want to pay that amount of money seeing you can find alloys a few doors down from the garage , you know the place We didn't take leather seats with heating but it is nice to have . We have leather with heating in our passat and you will use it . We payed far less than a coast version . If you drive to zedelgem they have a coast version outside and you can see that there is a difference in the dash , this being the fuel cage and engine temp are not in the speed and rev counter . We will get seat covers as the standard ones in the coast are .... Not so nice . I guess there will be 2 happy campers drinving round on the kustbaan . Say hi in the dealership from me . Cheers Martin

Hello Martin
Yes indeed I saw the coast in Zedelgem , thats why I orderd the alcantara seats ..To each his own but I found the coast seats not very pretty to say the least.....mayebe they did it on purpuse eh????
btw what engine did you get?

Hello Martin
Yes indeed I saw the coast in Zedelgem , thats why I orderd the alcantara seats ..To each his own but I found the coast seats not very pretty to say the least.....mayebe they did it on purpuse eh????
btw what engine did you get?
Hey , we got the 150pk . The seats are awfull but we planned second skin from the start so that's not a problem . Hope we all get our calis early hahaha .