Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Available

Re: New Cali Roof Topper & Awning Side Panels - Now Availabl

Website looks great well done everybody involved I wish you success :thumb :thumb
It looks a great product :thumb

Website looks :cool :cool ....and I need both pdq! :D

Can I ask how you get on with the condensation inside the van when the roof is fully enclosed? Also what is the type of front window cover that you have fitted?
All looks good. I just need to find out costs to ship to New Zealand.

Hi, I am just buying a Cali Topper myself which I wanted in black. Is that black or silver? Looks quite light in the photos! Looks great and very warm and dry too!!!! :D

Hi Simon sorry for the confusion. The picture shows a grey topper not black
We sent out two grey ones with our introductory offer we will be concentrating on black only for the time being as there is a small issue of the waterproof material marking on the inside during
Manufacture. This does not effect it's operation in anyway and infact they look very good. I'm sure if you ask on here www.california-accessories.com nick will be able to advise you further

Just a thought, but can you make one of the toppers with a zip in/out inner lining from something with additional insulation properties?

Would be a perfect combination to have the topper for year round use and the ability to 'zip in' a thermal liner of some sort during winter??

Bjohnson said:
Just a thought, but can you make one of the toppers with a zip in/out inner lining from something with additional insulation properties?

Would be a perfect combination to have the topper for year round use and the ability to 'zip in' a thermal liner of some sort during winter??

Not something we had thought about but it is a very good idea, I will find out if this is possible.

Please keep your feedback coming as we want this to be the ultimate roof cover

Cali-Topper said:
Bjohnson said:

Not something we had thought of but a very good idea, I find out if this is possible.

Please keep your feedback coming as we want this to be the ultimate roof cover

Any chance of a small discount in return for 'said' idea ;)

Other idea for an 'inner lining' or 'sock' would be to make a slightly smaller Cali Topper in a good soft, warm insulating material and simply fit that first then the Cali Topper. It could be velcroed into the corners or clipped, but one then the other may be simpler....unless it's raining cats and dogs of course! :lol: ....or....Gortex of course, but may be stupidly expensive....just like the VW Cali then...or Brandup stuff! :lol: :lol: Ideas is free as I have a nice Cali Topper and sides on the way! :D

Hi all!
I am very new to Cali's.. and this website...talking months here... but have a background in selling some of the best products/clothing available as well as in prototype and product design that goes back quite a way. And I have learned that real quality is from design.. to product..to service.
I have now just 1700 klms on my brand new Silver Reflex California Comfortline.. as they call the SE here in Spain, and when I picked it up, the excellent 'Cali Topper and side panels' I purchased were there waiting for me at the dealers. Not only did the guys at Cali Topper make the most exceptional effort to see that I got the best, remaking the silver side panels I had ordered due to a mark or two on the perfectly good ones the had....they worked overtime to get them out to me here in Spain, so it took only 4 days for the parcel to arrive. The dealer here in Spain where I bought the Cali was as impressed as I was, not only by the idea, but by the quality of the gear. He couldn't believe that the cold/wet UK had such 'enthusiast'!! :lol: :lol: Travelling down through a wet and cold Galicia we had a chance to see the quality of the Cali Topper, and I must say I was extremely impressed! Quality was 10 out of 10 for us, as was the cosiness of the Cali!
What can I say....I just miss so that kind of service and integrity here in Spain, and really am glad that another innovative 'little UK company' is making such a big impression! Top marks 'Cali Topper'!!!! :thanks :cool :goodone

Kind Regards to all and a very !MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Simon (Newbie in Spain!) :D

ps will get some pics up asap, but mobile photos are with mobile... :lol: ..in a freezing Zamora!

Photo of the Cali my Wife had on here phone! :hello

Photo4729 copy.jpg

Brilliant product by the looks of it and loved the thread of discussion ;)
Just what I have been looking for at the right price, both topper and awning sides, just need to wait a few weeks and then get my order in ready for the new season so we can really get into weekends with our Cali/MX bike/Dog and Family of course :lol:

Photos of the set-up I purchased taken at my girlfriends Fire Station! A Bombera she is! :lol: Not the prettiest of places, but I wanted to get some up so folk can see what I like so much!
Awning/Cali on a slope so one corner is slightly raised as you can see, but it is flippin' perfect! Topper I did myself, and the more you fit it, the more you learn how to, and how easy it is. Side panels took literally seconds to fit which would be great if you had to get the awning closed up fast!I just raised the roof very slightly and fitted all the upper corners and then raised the roof fully. Then just a question of fitting the tie-downs. 'Easy Peasey'...if that's how you spell it? :lol: :lol:
All the Firemen at the Station are all fitness fanatics and super-camping, climbing, surfing types, are just blown away by the Cali and the Cali Topper kit!
Germany 1, England 1, Spain 0... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cool :cool

ps photos very small as I have no idea how to reduce the pics to 'just right'! Either too large or too small, apologies!

Photo4932.jpg

Thank you so much for uploading the photo's Simon, it is great to see the Cali Topper and Awning sides in action, I am delighted that you are happy with them.

Thank you again

No problem guys, my pleasure! Oh...sun came out so had to get out and take some more! :D

Photo4944.jpg