Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Caravan Club booking website working for you?

Just done my proxy voting!!!! Wasn't pretty for the commitee.
Same here.
With hindsight we should have nominated one person to submit the votes - would have more impact if you get a block of 100 or so votes all saying the same thing.

As mentioned yesterday, we went to the NEC show today, and provided some direct feedback about the website and app. I was pleased / surprised to find the Club had a couple of staff dedicated to taking member feedback on the operation of the new website. The info I got from this chat:
1. The App was updated late last week regarding the payments function. Recommend to refresh the app.
2. The site search by location is going to be changed soon. They’re aware that if you enter a location (e.g. Scotland), the list is typically filled with North American destinations. The update, I’m told, will centre upon UK place names.
3. Difficulties with the payments page are known, and they are working on improvement.
4. They’re getting quite a bit of feedback from members, and even on Day 1 of the show., they’ve had a steady stream.

So, we will see if there’s any improvement.

As mentioned yesterday, we went to the NEC show today, and provided some direct feedback about the website and app. I was pleased / surprised to find the Club had a couple of staff dedicated to taking member feedback on the operation of the new website. The info I got from this chat:
1. The App was updated late last week regarding the payments function. Recommend to refresh the app.
2. The site search by location is going to be changed soon. They’re aware that if you enter a location (e.g. Scotland), the list is typically filled with North American destinations. The update, I’m told, will centre upon UK place names.
3. Difficulties with the payments page are known, and they are working on improvement.
4. They’re getting quite a bit of feedback from members, and even on Day 1 of the show., they’ve had a steady stream.

Can’t imagine those couple of staff were volunteers!

Forgot to mention, I’ve left my details with them, and the chap said I might be asked for further feedback following changes. Might have been soft soap, I don’t know.

Thanks. Feedback sent.

Having spent too long trying to book sites for the coming week, my opinion is that this website is Pants!

Having worked 30 years in IT, it is one of the worse websites I have encountered.
Please give them your feedback. The more the better

We quite like some of the CAMC sites, and think the site staff are a credit to the organisation. It’s a shame that their IT is letting them down so much.

Last edited:
Please give them your feedback. The more the better

We quite like some of the CAMC sites, and think the site staff are a credit to the organisation. It’s a shame that their IT is letting them down so much.
Agreed. The old website worked very well.

If their aim was to add a payment function, with deposits now being taken, then they could have simply bolted on this functionality quite easily.

CAMC website is PANTS!

A bit off point about web site and booking, but here’s our finding this summer !
In Mid May on our trip down in Devon/ Somerset we found the large club sites were full and difficult to book as we were using our phones, so stayed at independent sites the best was Caffyns Farm .
View attachment 1666512535146.jpeg
This was the view from our van! And they make their own delicious ciders.
About 1/2 mile away the C&C club site was crowded !
We found the site by asking a local .

A bit off point about web site and booking, but here’s our finding this summer !
In Mid May on our trip down in Devon/ Somerset we found the large club sites were full and difficult to book as we were using our phones, so stayed at independent sites the best was Caffyns Farm .
View attachment 100867
Great to see they’ve made a success of it after the farmer kicked them off the original Cloud Farm.

View attachment 100867
Good shout, it looks like a great spot, and well positioned. I see from Google maps the large neighbouring site is Camping & Caravanning Club. I will mention your post on another thread, Good Value Camping if that’s okay? Do you recall how much you paid per night? Do they have EHU?

The link to the site for others is here www.exmoorcoastholidays.co.uk

Difficulties with the CAMC booking website are driving quite a few people to look for alternatives, which is no bad thing really.

Last edited:
I tried the App today and got prompted to upgrade via the App store. The new one is an unmitigated disaster compared to the old one. I have dropped an email of complaint. Really poor form !

I was trying to decide between the CAMC and CCC and this has helped me make a decision. I will leave the CAMC until this is resolved.

View attachment 100867
Can.’t remember the site cost. It was I think about twenty pounds, electric hook up possibly but it’s not really something that we need when touring, books don’t need batteries!

Agreed. The old website worked very well.

If their aim was to add a payment function, with deposits now being taken, then they could have simply bolted on this functionality quite easily.

CAMC website is PANTS!
Update:

Just returned from 3 site/4 night jaunt in Norfolk and Suffolk.

Weather was great.

But faced claims from each site that I owed them money.

Despite having paid the full deposit (£75 - £25 per site) and having selected the option to have CAMC withdraw the balance payment the night before, each site claimed that the 'IT system' had calculated I still owed them a balance payment. These payments were quite random numbers.

I produced my confirmation paperwork and convinced the first 2 sites that this must be an error.

When I arrived at the 3 site the balance due was £7.10 ?

The lady on reception said that they had had others with similar problems.

In the end we agreed that she would call head office to try to sort things out.

It turns out that there is a major software 'bug' in the new system.

The calculation for the 'night before' payment is very broken. Almost like ....think of a number, add the deposit paid, deduct another number. Talk about poor software design!

It makes you wonder who designed this new website and whether they undertook any testing beforehand.

As I have said before....this is the worse website I have ever seen! It is PANTS!

If you have booked any sites, make sure that you check all payments.

Last edited:
Putting a brave face on? :rolleyes:
I watched the AGM today on Zoom….. if the “top team” at CMC are aware of the issues they are managing to put relatively positive spin on it! Even showed a screen shot of the Trustpilot rating of 4.2! (It was 3.7 last time I looked).

It still is 3.7, so where did they get 4.2. ? Out of the last 15 reviews, 12 have given 1 star, all citing the booking system, and even the other reviews made some comment. It really makes for dismal reading, and even the most tone deaf management must be hearing this.

One 4 star review actually (unintentionally I think), summed up a lot of the concerns but put their positive spin on it… it’s worth quoting :

“In spite of the avalanche of critical reviews I tried and succeeded in making bookings with no problem. However I know where I want to go and when but it seems a vocal minority want a system that will allow them to make up their itinerary as they go using their phone or device. I think they will be disappointed and should revert to their members handbook and phone if they are unable to plan the trip in advance.”

So there you are. Forget the tech, plan well ahead and grab the book and your phone - no doubt a corded bakolite landline handset.

However, I will repeat myself, we actually like most of the sites we’ve visited, and appreciate the hard work of the site teams. What a shame they’re being let down.

Blimey! I’ve just read through about 20 pages of Trustpilot reviews. Thoroughly depressing reading, and I’m not just talking about the moans from members, but the CAMC responses as well. They’re either extremely thick skinned or living in a parallel universe!

Sad that you have to use Trustpilot to get a quick response to an issue rather than wait for CMCs 10 day target!
Having said that, the reply I got wasn’t that helpful! ……

New Booking System…… a backward step​

Sites are great. New booking system is appalling compared to the old one.
Search using “late availability” for a site in Dorset UK between 2 dates in December 22 … results show sites outside Dorset and sites with no availability for the dates input. It’s not until you select the site that the “check availability” button appears.
Date of experience: 01 November 2022

EditDeleteShare

Reply from Caravan and Motorhome Club (previously The Caravan Club)
3 minutes ago
Hi Alec-Many thanks for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that the new UK booking system has fallen short of expectation. The late availability checker has changed and now shows all sites with availability for the upcoming month, You then click on the site, and check for the preferred dates. We are still working to improve this to make it as user friendly as the previous one. I hope this helps but if you do require any guidance with this, please do give us a call~Jamie

Back