Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Commercial T7

Wait! I’ve just noted the Insufficient storage in the Nugget. I think the T6.1 Oceans are going to hold their value very well.
We were considering holding out for the new Nugget but went with a last T6.1 instead for this reason. The T6.1 is slightly closer to a family car with a proper boot. The Nugget slightly closer to Motorhome. Both great, just depends on specific needs. T6.1 more versatile as an everyday multi-use vehicle. The proper van T7 platform looks great though! If there was a California version of that we’d definitely consider it. None of this Sharavan rubbish.

We were considering holding out for the new Nugget but went with a last T6.1 instead for this reason. The T6.1 is slightly closer to a family car with a proper boot. The Nugget slightly closer to Motorhome. Both great, just depends on specific needs. T6.1 more versatile as an everyday multi-use vehicle. The proper van T7 platform looks great though! If there was a California version of that we’d definitely consider it. None of this Sharavan rubbish.
You won't be driving a VW California then.

Options get wider with Renault also entering the compact campervan market not forgetting the Motorhome manufactures now having this size/type options in their range of vehicles

I question why Volkswagen has the new Caravelle on the new van chassis, but the California is going on the Sharan Multivan platform…?
I’m liking the look of this Caravelle.
IMG_5180.jpeg

IMG_5179.jpeg

Options get wider with Renault also entering the compact campervan market not forgetting the Motorhome manufactures now having this size/type options in their range of vehicles

With the legendary Renault build quality !!!!:shocked

I question why Volkswagen has the new Caravelle on the new van chassis, but the California is going on the Sharan Multivan platform…?
I’m liking the look of this Caravelle.
View attachment 127575

View attachment 127574
We can always hope that VW will come up with a “California Plus” based on the T7 Transporter platform, especially if the ID Buzz-based one isn’t going to see the light anytime soon.

I can see the appeal of the T7 Multivan-based California for childless couples, which I’m sure makes up a very large proportion of the California market. So I’m sure it will be successful. But it’s clearly no longer a great option for the other niches.

VW Transporter badged version of this would be good alternative for the multivan Cali.
Twin sliders, LWB, decent kitchen, hot water, shower and w.c. in a pop top.

bean friendly stove a plus.

Last edited:
Struggling here so bear with me. Where do you put the luggage? how do you stand up in the kitchen area, I'm 6ft 5 and a 48in chest. You have to leave the van and go around the back to enter the kitchen, and leave the tailgate open? How does the lower bed work / layout / size / length?

With nothing of substance inside

Imagine an all wheel drive caddy.
Caddy All Cali. (Aka CAC) ;)

nice Nugget video on the Ford UK site:
Just watched this and smiled. How many more things are they going to pinch from VW. Made me laugh when she says about chairs in tailgate - how many years are they behind with that!! Certainly looks less room than in a T6.1. The only thing I do like is heated water. Do you really want your feet or head under kitchen worktop??

Not seen one in the flesh, but this might be the solution we would go for if Bertie our Cali needs replacing. With 3 of us maximising space for a fortnights holiday is key

Not seen one in the flesh, but this might be the solution we would go for if Bertie our Cali needs replacing. With 3 of us maximising space for a fortnights holiday is key
Imagine the friendly banter the 3 kids will be having on that bench seat as you work your way theough France.

The new T7 will have the Ford wet timing belt engine, I understand from my mechanic it's circa £2 k for a timing belt replacement service.

Whats the servicing interval?

Fleet don’t care. They run till they don’t run. Business consumable…

Wet belt issues is purely down to bad servicing.

To add some balance.
My old T6, 45k miles and four years old blew its turbos. Nearly £5k in repairs.
I’ll take my chances with a Ford…

To add some balance.
But you don't need to you have a FIAT/Iveco engine?

I hope the 242Brake 4 wheel drive is in the line up.

To add some balance.

From what I heard from my friends in the motor trade the wet belt issues are not to be underestimated.

Back