Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Commercial T7

Struggling here so bear with me. Where do you put the luggage? how do you stand up in the kitchen area, I'm 6ft 5 and a 48in chest. You have to leave the van and go around the back to enter the kitchen, and leave the tailgate open? How does the lower bed work / layout / size / length?
In the Nugget? If so, we switched from a California to a Nugget so:
- Clothes go in the wardrobe if you're camping. It's big enough to throw clothes for 5 people for 2 weeks (just). If we aren't camping then proper luggage (holdalls, suitcases) go in the kitchen area, just like they would in a boot of a normal car
- There's about 10ft of headroom in the kitchen with the roof up. You can walk through from the living area to the kitchen. In theory if you're 4ft tall/walk on your knees you can do all that with the roof down.
- accessing via the tailgate plus to the two sliders really opens up the van. And with the tailgate open it forms an awning of sorts (ideal if it's raining)
- lower bed folds out like in the California (similar mechanism). Difference relative to the California is your legs go under the kitchen unit (which has a permanent platform) and the bed buts up against the from seats. Whilst the front seats don't form part of the bed, I use them for the pillow as I'm quite tall. That gives about an 8ft long bed. The downstairs bed is wider than on the California. With the bed down you can still walk through to the kitchen. We keep a porta potti in the kitchen overnight, then slide it back into the potti cupboard in the morning.

Back