New ferry service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kirk

Kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Wonder if this Seaborne ferry service will come to anything, they say it will start to operate an Ostend – Ramsgate ro-ro crossing which could be quite useful.

x1unm5hpqctck2dijzyi.jpg

Ah, that’s the one the government have given a £100m contract to.

This time next month Del and Rodgers will be multi millionaires! :D

On TV report it was a 'Shell Company' with no actual ferries at present. If it comes into operation it's primarily a freight facility. Wonder who's on the board of directors???

Ah, that’s the one the government have given a £100m contract to.

This time next month Del and Rodgers will be multi millionaires! :D
I think you have the decimal point in the wrong place, £13.8 million. No money up front, payment on results ie: a schedule service up and running, according to BBC.

Ships will be leased from other companies with their own crews. Infrastructure is already in place at both ends. Ramsgate Council just have to pull their finger out and dredge the necessary harbour areas so the Ferries can operate. Also, planning to restart this service has been ongoing since 2017, according to BBC.

Once again a slow news day so the BBC had to find something to complain about and certain papers joined in as expected. All part of the anti-UK false news brigade.

It's a shame the Harwich Esbjerg ferry stopped. It was a great way tomgetnto Scandinavia.

@Scorf you might “Disagree” but unless you have any valid evidence to the contrary then that is a useless response, unless of course you are a member of the anti-UK brigade.

WelshGas..... just to be clear, it wasn't the factual accuracy of your post I was disagreeing with.

It was the overtly political statement.... "All part of the anti-UK false news brigade"

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, I just didn't think it was appropriate on a VW California Owners Club forum..... and for you to then go on the attack, based on legitimate feedback seems a little OTT but unfortunately symptomatic of the current political hysteria.

I have obviously reported your post..... :thumb

WelshGas..... just to be clear, it wasn't the factual accuracy of your post I was disagreeing with.

It was the overtly political statement.... "All part of the anti-UK false news brigade"

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, I just didn't think it was appropriate on a VW California Owners Club forum..... and for you to then go on the attack, based on legitimate feedback seems a little OTT but unfortunately symptomatic of the current political hysteria.

I have obviously reported your post..... :thumb
Must Disagree.
The original report by the BBC was very anti the Government making sensible arrangements. The fact that this was a startup company that had been working on this project for some 2 years was barely mentioned. The fact that established companies had been paid substantially more to increase services for a limited period, but on established routes was not made prominent nor the fact that this was the only company prepared to expedite matters to establish a NEW service thus avoiding the established U.K. ferry ports.
I would suggest that the BBC report and subsequent reporting in some newspapers was very one sided and effectively anti U.K. Government for making preparations to deal with a possible scenario. Hence anti-UK.
As far as going on the attack, yes. Hitting the Disagree button without explanation is fair game as far as I am concerned. I’m all for valid debate. By all means Disagree and argue your point.

I think your last statement is very, very telling.

BBC are one of those organisations that everyone thinks is biased against their point of view, left say its right biased, right says its left biased, which to me suggests their tone is probably (on average) about right.

I find this very interesting, an investigation into media bias, seems BBC was pretty much neutral in the grand scheme of things.

https://www.adfontesmedia.com/?fbclid=IwAR3EEqTmaCgEWsZG5uNCA3fCyX8Nwhv8rYp9Xurq2FqlYoSJnaNSAGD6Q2w

We've had a few reported posts in this thread, so far the mods haven't taken any action at this time as we don't see anything other than disagreement. I would just like to remind folks to keep discussions civil and polite but also remember that the written word can sometimes be hard to interpret, including the intended tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back