Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We had to let her go...

A dog is the most loyal of animals ....... I still miss 'Flossie' my rescue Collie who died suddenly 4 years ago. I have another loyal companion, 'Mela', and maybe you will also in time. Hope you find the messages of some comfort.

It's been one week today allready without her ....
Thank you all for the kind words and the support , it seems most of you have or had pets and can understand what we go thru.
Have to say got some positive news from a totally other side , Kathy got a promotion at work (thru exams she worked hard in these dreadfull days) ....hard to celebrate but does bring a good feeling back in the house with mixed emotions.

It's been one week today allready without her ....
Thank you all for the kind words and the support , it seems most of you have or had pets and can understand what we go thru.
Have to say got some positive news from a totally other side , Kathy got a promotion at work (thru exams she worked hard in these dreadfull days) ....hard to celebrate but does bring a good feeling back in the house with mixed emotions.

So pleased that there has been something to help you through such a difficult time. Well done on your promotion Kathy.
In time I hope that you find another canine companion to share your lives.

Dear Wim, dear Kathy, I have tears in my eyes for you both. So sorry. Be strong in the knowledge that days will be bright and positive again even if you can not see this right now. Kathy's promotion is the start of this I am sure.
Rik & Terri xx

Sadly our lovely and beloved 12,5y old Vizsla , Mieke , is no longer with us , many on the forum probaly seen her in one of my threads showing-off her best in some wonderfull place where we took her . She's been in 11 countries traveling in the Cali , on 3200m high mountains , climed Mount Snowdon , on beautifull beaches , ...been there done it all....
She's been with us since her 8 weeks and been a big part of our daily life , not to say all of my life the last 12,5y ....
We are hartbroken and don't know what impact this wil have on ourselfs as we have no kids and as said our daily life was devoted to her , she was always with me and i myself only was about 6 weeks without her in 12,5y for periods of 10-14 days as Kathy took her to France a few times when i stayed home.
Our house feels empty and i fear the first trip in the Cali whitout her...every single trip we did in the Cali so far she was there with us.
I know that you all will say words to comfort us , thankx in advance but sadly for now nothing can heal my broken heart...
Her last visit to France in november...
View attachment 40945

If there is a dog-heaven we do hope they did let her in , becose she was no angel when she was on earth....
So sorry. My post must have been a painful reminder for you. We lost a Mini Schnauzer in November. we tried to live without a dog but...
Are you going to get another Vizsla?

@HectorPascal , don't feel sorry ! Having your pup finaly with you are amazing times don't let anything spoil that . Give her the best you can , Vizsla's need a gentle hand and are very sensitive . They feel the mood you are in and will come to comfort you when you have a off-day.
I miss mine like i never missed anything or anyone but that's the way life goes , a dog will only be arround 10-15y ....we are doing ok but some moments are hard.
Not thinking on getting a other dog , but if we ever do chances are high it will be a Vizsla again .

OH Wim, so sorry to hear this! It's hard to lose a friend. We've lost in oktober our Stella, a 9 years old basset hound and still miss her every day. A dog is so much more than an animal... and losing her hurts.
So we wish you and Kathy lovely and hartfilling memories about your beautiful friend.
Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Back