Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Member & hopefully soon to be owner

J

JockMacMad

VIP Member
Hi all

Well I have recently joined the forums.

I am looking to trade in my beloved Phaeton and get a Calli.

I live/work in London during the week, travel via Yorkshire where I grew up, to Skye where home is. I do the drive bi-weekly at present.

Looking forward to being able to stop and sleep on my long drive, plus enjoy the freedom at weekends to up and discover new places without having to follow a strict chase the hotel booking itinerary :lol:

Searching for a new 180 DSG 4 Motion at present. And they are easy to find .... Not :shocked

:thanks

JockMacMad said:
Hi all

Well I have recently joined the forums.

I am looking to trade in my beloved Phaeton and get a Calli.

I live/work in London during the week, travel via Yorkshire where I grew up, to Skye where home is. I do the drive bi-weekly at present.

Looking forward to being able to stop and sleep on my long drive, plus enjoy the freedom at weekends to up and discover new places without having to follow a strict chase the hotel booking itinerary :lol:

Welcome along.

That's quite some commute, makes mine look like child's play!

I stay in a hotel for two days a week and until I started it I had no idea how many people were doing the same as me.

JockMacMad said:
Searching for a new 180 DSG 4 Motion at present. And they are easy to find .... Not :shocked

Good luck with that!! :laugh2

I think you'd be as well either placing a factory order or trying to get one that's been ordered for dealer stock.

Hi and welcome.

Good luck on locating the right Cali. There is already a lot of great advice on options and purchasing a Cali on the forum, so its well worth a good look through the old post.

Finally your find some good guys on the forum willing to help if you need any advice. :thumb

John

Hello and welcome :hello

As Stu said good luck with the search.
If they are available they shift so quick Mate.

What model Phaeton?

Understated barges of extreme taste! :D

Good luck searching - you'll find it a lot easier if you search for a manual 4Motion ;)

Re: New Member & hopefully soon to be owner

Talking of VW Phaeton, while on my Europe roam I slept a couple of nights for free in the car park by the rebuilt centre of Dresden. Walked the mile or so to the VW facility where they are assembled and had a comprehensive tour. It's a glass covered facility, super clean and has laminate flooring all over. Nothing at all is made there, all parts come in by tram on the domestic tram lines. They have only ever worked one shift due to very poor sales with a high proportion of the cars going to China. Super slick PR machine in place there, they encourage potential owners to attend at the facility and spec their car in the design office. Compared to other car factories I have been to, which are pretty noisy, this one is in near silence as the cars are slowly assembled by hand.

Thanks all

I did find a 180 DSG 4 Motion but have ended up buying a manual. I pick it up Friday.

I just have the 3.0 Phaeton but always wanted to 5.0 V10 TDI. They build about 2,000 Phaetons at the Dresden factory per year alongside the Tourareg and now the CC as well. The factory is capable of 22,000 per year... Oops. China certainly is the bulk market for them as they are so understated.

I have used the forum extensively and have bought all the bits recommended as a starter for 10. I will be following along closely :D

JockMacMad said:
Thanks all

I did find a 180 DSG 4 Motion but have ended up buying a manual. I pick it up Friday.

Did you buy the one advertised here recently??

Back