Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean, leaking back window.

The 3rd brake light is now subject to a recall by Vw.
Expect a worldwide shortage of parts soon!
Do you reckon they've told the production line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No sign of water ingress but I can hear water sloshing in tailgate when I close it. Can it be drained?

No sign of water ingress but I can hear water sloshing in tailgate when I close it. Can it be drained?
Do you have 2 black rubberish parts on the underside of the tailgate when you open it? I think I just have 2 holes, so water should be able to get out with the tailgate closed.
If you also have the same van like me I guess there will only be holes.

Do you have 2 black rubberish parts on the underside of the tailgate when you open it? I think I just have 2 holes, so water should be able to get out with the tailgate closed.
If you also have the same van like me I guess there will only be holes.
Thanks. There is at least one black rubber plug. Didn't want to remove it without checking. Thanks for your help.

My T6 is in the garage for the second time to find the source of water ingress to the tailgate. After heavy rain there is a sloshing sound when the tailgate is closed. They called today after replacing the 3rd brake light because it is still letting in water somewhere. After another day of investigation their best guess is that it might be from the rear spoiler. Not covered under VW warranty. Expensive to remove with a risk of damage and no guarantee that this is the source of the problem.
I'm taking it back for my holiday next week, but stumped to know what to do next. My warranty expires on 30th September. Any ideas?

My T6 is in the garage for the second time to find the source of water ingress to the tailgate. After heavy rain there is a sloshing sound when the tailgate is closed. They called today after replacing the 3rd brake light because it is still letting in water somewhere. After another day of investigation their best guess is that it might be from the rear spoiler. Not covered under VW warranty. Expensive to remove with a risk of damage and no guarantee that this is the source of the problem.
I'm taking it back for my holiday next week, but stumped to know what to do next. My warranty expires on 30th September. Any ideas?

Hi, I had this on my previous Cali (2017). Thought it was the brake light. Replacement made no difference. Replaced boot seal although no sign of damage, no difference. In the end, my dealer (Liverpool), through process of elimination, removed the rear screen. They found an imperfection in the screen seal which would never have been diagnosed without removal. All replaced with new screen seal, even replaced the interior boot trim (although I didn’t see any water marks). Good as new and top marks to the dealer. If you’ve tried everything obvious, get your dealer to do this whilst still under warranty.

Hi, I had this on my previous Cali (2017). Thought it was the brake light. Replacement made no difference. Replaced boot seal although no sign of damage, no difference. In the end, my dealer (Liverpool), through process of elimination, removed the rear screen. They found an imperfection in the screen seal which would never have been diagnosed without removal. All replaced with new screen seal, even replaced the interior boot trim (although I didn’t see any water marks). Good as new and top marks to the dealer. If you’ve tried everything obvious, get your dealer to do this whilst still under warranty.
Thanks. I'll certainly follow that up tomorrow.

Hi
If necessary would you mind sending me a dm with the registration number, dealer name and approx date?
Cheers, Pauric

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I’d be glad to help. I’d suggest your dealer have a chat with the guy at Liverpool who sorted the problem if required. Of course, it could be something different but unlikely I think.

Thanks. Can you supply contact details please? Don't have much time as warranty expires on 30/9.

Glad to say that our leak has been fixed. It turns out that it was the known problem with the high level brake light.
Really grateful to Elmo the Ocean in particular for all the detailed help and reference to his Liverpool dealer.

Back