Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Leaking Roof

N

nutty123

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All
On our last night in Wales in our T6 we did experience quite a bad rainy night. But when my wife got up to make a brew I noticed a couple of drips of rain coming through the top part of the back frame at the back window, after ringing the dealership they told me with heavy rain it is possible??? Has anyone else had this problem. Cheers Carl

Hi All
On our last night in Wales in our T6 we did experience quite a bad rainy night. But when my wife got up to make a brew I noticed a couple of drips of rain coming through the top part of the back frame at the back window, after ringing the dealership they told me with heavy rain it is possible??? Has anyone else had this problem. Cheers Carl
I suggest you get a new Dealer. The short answer, it should not happen and certainly does not on my T5.

Must say in hard rain the canvas shows "wet" spots . The canvas on T5 is diffrent than T6 so no expererience there
Thats why some use the topper.
Can also be condensation transforming in drops....

Just check the canvas for faults or holes.
If so , warrenty

I'm trying to picture where you mean? You sure its not coming in through the high level break light? A few people have had an issue there

Afther reading @Quinnster77 's reply , i realised you are talking near the boothdoor.
I was going out a roof leak when the roof was up....sorry for the mix-up

Indeed as said the 3th breaklight is known to come loose and causing waterinfiltration. Check in the boothdoor where the folding seats are stored ....water goes down there if so....
Check the drainholes in the pop-up roof
Read here how to locate them.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/cali-technical-tips-tricks.9457/

Did you find out the cause of the rain coming in? Rain came through my 14 month old T6 Ocean roof recently ( It already has a replaced canvas ). It was heavy rain with a strong wind and I could see drips coming through the fabric even though the T6 fabric is supposed to be waterproof.

Back