Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Ocean To-day

Bajers

Bajers

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi All,

Just picked up my new Ocean to-day.

204 DSG 4 Motion in Mojave Beige. Bit unsure about the colour at first but think it suits the van well. It's fairly well specced with sat nav, rear camera and ACC and probably about what I would have chosen if I had ordered it fresh (was a dealer stock vehicle).

Long story but I'm 64 now and I learnt to drive in my dads 1959 VW Samba with split screen and semaphore indicators when I was 17.

As a family, we used to holiday in it every year and travelled the length and breadth of the UK. Very fond memories.

Always wanted a VW since then and finally the dream has come true. Probably only the badge that resembles the early van though!!

Welcome allong !

Great stuff! The road ahead beckons!!

Hi All,

204 DSG 4 Motion in Mojave Beige. Bit unsure about the colour at first but think it suits the van well. It's fairly well specced with sat nav, rear camera and ACC and probably about what I would have chosen if I had ordered it fresh (was a dealer stock vehicle).

Long story but I'm 64 now and I learnt to drive in my dads 1959 VW Samba with split screen and semaphore indicators when I was 17.

As a family, we used to holiday in it every year and travelled the length and breadth of the UK. Very fond memories.

Always wanted a VW since then and finally the dream has come true. Probably only the badge that resembles the early van though!!

A dream come true! Enjoy!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

:welcome Mojave Beige is a good colour for the Cali and you have a good spec nice one...:thumb

Is the Cali less than 3 mths ? If yes ,its worth considering the 2 years factory extended warranty. You may have already purchased it.

Welcome,happy adventures.

Thanks for the welcome all!
Yep, I am the first owner from new so will have a look at the extended warranty. Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome all!
Yep, I am the first owner from new so will have a look at the extended warranty. Thanks.

Definitely worth the money .
We have had several warranty repairs.

I also have a Mojave Beige Ocean. The colour morphs depending on the light. Sometimes appears to be silver, sometimes you can just detect the Beige. I don't like the fact that the DVLA docs state the colour as beige though!

Yes, it’s the name, not the colour; it could have been called Platinum Gold and been a lot more glamorous than beige!

:welcome from a former (sand) beige owner :thumb

I don't like the name of my colour beige but I'm sorry motacyclist Platinum Gold is a bit too blingy for me! Maybe us Beige owners ought to have a competition to find a better name to give VW. On the other hand that might mean we would become less exclusive if it was successful....

I don't like the name of my colour beige but I'm sorry motacyclist Platinum Gold is a bit too blingy for me! Maybe us Beige owners ought to have a competition to find a better name to give VW. On the other hand that might mean we would become less exclusive if it was successful....
I agree. Not as common a colour as some of the other options available. I just knew it was the right colour, the first time I saw it in the flesh on a nice summers day. I guess the colour relates to the colour of the Mojave desert sand or something. So a huge 'big-up' to the fellow Mojave Beige California owners out there. When I went to a VW dealership for a touch-up stick, I was told that this colour is only available on the California.

Just got delivered the GTi seat covers...see if I can get those on before dark!:(

Just got delivered the GTi seat covers...see if I can get those on before dark!:(

Good luck, check the stripes line up, mine didn't so I look one front seat back and they opened a load until one was found that did. OCD, its a bind to live with, mind you the new owner of our van benefited from it...

:welcome
I have a 2017 Ocean and same colour and we were also unsure when we ordered it but absolutely love everything about it... many happy and safe miles ahead :cheers

Hi All,

Seat covers on and fitted and they do look good, but took me far longer than 3 to 4 hours to complete. Not all the lines do marry up to be fair and I had to take rear seats back and base off a couple of times to reposition. Appreciate they are a tight fit but some of the zips are just on the limit as well and they are not of the best quality.
The front seat arm rest zip pulls catch each other when lifting and lowering the arm rests and I think these would have been better fitted 'inside out' so the back of the zip was facing outside, then the toggles would have been inside the cover and not prone to catch. Would look better as well.
Also, a couple of the elasticated securing straps pulled off, but that was maybe me being a bit too enthusiastic pulling on them when fitting.
Soon re-stitched though and stronger than the original.
The video on You Tube with the lady and her husband was very useful as well and I kept re-visiting that for tips on the various parts of the fitting (feel like I know them now).:thumb
Good covers, look really nice but my, my, at a price!!

Seat covers on and fitted and they do look good, but took me far longer than 3 to 4 hours to complete. Not all the lines do marry up to be fair and I had to take rear seats back and base off a couple of times to reposition. Appreciate they are a tight fit but some of the zips are just on the limit as well and they are not of the best quality.
The front seat arm rest zip pulls catch each other when lifting and lowering the arm rests and I think these would have been better fitted 'inside out' so the back of the zip was facing outside, then the toggles would have been inside the cover and not prone to catch. Would look better as well.
Also, a couple of the elasticated securing straps pulled off, but that was maybe me being a bit too enthusiastic pulling on them when fitting.
Soon re-stitched though and stronger than the original.
The video on You Tube with the lady and her husband was very useful as well and I kept re-visiting that for tips on the various parts of the fitting (feel like I know them now).:thumb
Good covers, look really nice but my, my, at a price!!
Yes good covers. I have bought my Ocean as a used vehicle.

One of the highlights was that genuine seat covers were put on at new.

I've just been cleaning the carpet and pulled back the seat covers.

The only areas with minor soiling was in the centre of the 2 person seat where the seat belts and bed pull are located, plus the kitchen side bottom rear corner of the 2 person seat where the cover can lift slightly when thee seat is moved.

If you can, I'd be tempted to make up a couple of supplementary patches to go under the seat cover at these points so that they have a little extra protection.

Apart from these 2 small areas, the seats are as new.

Back