Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The 199 (204) order club

Saul

Did you get confirmation that they would build Ascot Grey with the sport pack?
Its one of the colour schemes I was considering - the black sills & bumpers would contrast with the grey nicely, I am told that the VW computer says that the sport pack is not available with either the non-metallic colours or the two tone.
I’ve ordered Ascot and Sports Pack. I wasn’t allowed mud flaps with Sports Pack, and had to order the Driver Assistance Pack (strange - must be a profitable one for VW?!). You also get gloss black wing mirrors and the black B-pillars along with a darker tint on the living area windows.
I think there are different restrictions on Style Pack combos.

I’ve ordered Ascot and Sports Pack. I wasn’t allowed mud flaps with Sports Pack, and had to order the Driver Assistance Pack (strange - must be a profitable one for VW?!). You also get gloss black wing mirrors and the black B-pillars along with a darker tint on the living area windows.
I think there are different restrictions on Style Pack combos.

Sorry Ive got the packs mixed up, its the style pack that I'm trying to configure with the Ascot grey

Saul

Did you get confirmation that they would build Ascot Grey with the sport pack?
Its one of the colour schemes I was considering - the black sills & bumpers would contrast with the grey nicely, I am told that the VW computer says that the sport pack is not available with either the non-metallic colours or the two tone.
Hi @andyinluton - i got 'confirmation' in the same way any of us do with VWCV - i.e. my order was accepted and I haven't heard back since! I foresee no issues with them pairing the two options - whenever they decide to actually build the vehicle.

I think the Ascot Grey and black attributes from the Sports Package will look really cool, particularly if you are more aligned to how the Edition version looks (minus the decals).

I had no issues with the configurator and my dealer never mentioned any issues at all.

Sorry Ive got the packs mixed up, its the style pack that I'm trying to configure with the Ascot grey
Oops - we overlapped!

I have seen some cool pictures of the style pack on 'swamper' style vans - if that's your thing...

I couldn't really see what you got in the Sports pack other than black wheels & darker window tint. Seemed a lot of money for just that.

I couldn't really see what you got in the Sports pack other than black wheels & darker window tint. Seemed a lot of money for just that.

I wouldn't disagree - i did a detailed post on the equipment in the package and costs to try and make peace with it.

For me, the bulk of the options cost sits in the black 18" springfield and tyres - the rest is bits of black plastic and vinyl (that I also wanted).

Contrary to some posts i've seen - you can't get OEM black springfields, centre caps, delivery AND now customs charges for less than £2k.

For me - I wanted that look, on collection - whenever that may be.

Also includes darker rear lights, black wing mirrors and b-pillars and black front/rear/side underbody cladding (so no side bars will be vw fittable). I agree it’s still a lot, but I have been seduced by Springfield’s and like to keep it factory, and justified it because I didn’t go for 2-tone paint which is more expensive than that lot!

Last edited:
I perhaps can see why they won’t combine the style pack with a non-metallic colour, as the pack includes metallic ‘black frost’ paint on lower doors and bumpers which might look odd with flat paint?
What is odd though is that the style pack is only available on Oceans, but “includes” the devonport wheels that are a no cost option anyway

I wouldn't disagree - i did a detailed post on the equipment in the package and costs to try and make peace with it.

For me, the bulk of the options cost sits in the black 18" springfield and tyres - the rest is bits of black plastic and vinyl (that I also wanted).

Contrary to some posts i've seen - you can't get OEM black springfields, centre caps, delivery AND now customs charges for less than £2k.

For me - I wanted that look, on collection - whenever that may be.
Thanks for helping me make peace with it!
The only thing that still grates a little is that although you get those prime £2k wheels, you don’t get eg the no-cost option Woodstock wheels which cost £1,164 on a coast...
So if c.£800 is for the wheels upgrade, £1800 is a lot for the tints and plastic.
Looks good though and I’ve made my choice!
Are there any other dealer bits you’re considering? I thought the black tailgate bumper protector...and the spoiler has also crossed my mind (and gone out again...)

Thanks for helping me make peace with it!
The only thing that still grates a little is that although you get those prime £2k wheels, you don’t get eg the no-cost option Woodstock wheels which cost £1,164 on a coast...
So if c.£800 is for the wheels upgrade, £1800 is a lot for the tints and plastic.
Looks good though and I’ve made my choice!
Are there any other dealer bits you’re considering? I thought the black tailgate bumper protector...and the spoiler has also crossed my mind (and gone out again...)

Its VW - it is what it is.

Not dealer as such:

I will fit an all-black VW bike rack - not certain on version yet, from 'VW upgrades' - to accentuate the black accents.

And also the black tailgate protector you favour.

Aspiring to the slide out boot tray from the club shop...

Not dealer as such:

I will fit an all-black VW bike rack - not certain on version yet, from 'VW upgrades' - to accentuate the black accents.

Can I ask do dealers fit the black tailgate protectors?

Not dealer as such:

Does the black rear bumper protector have a bit of a lip on the leading edge, to give the edge some cover, or does it sit flat on the top
Ta

Wow thanks Stuart didnt know anything about that brochure! Will check out the extras - thanks - more money required!!!!
I know !!! I have resisted the temptation to order anything yet. And I refuse to until they tell me that they have started the build! But yes, I fancied the bumper protector and the sill guards. Although Van Style and others offer some cheaper alternatives on that well known auction site. I believe they are an easy enough fit. I think its just a case of cleaning the surface properly and using the 3M tape that is already in situ. I am sure the genuine VW's will use the same method.

I know !!! I have resisted the temptation to order anything yet. And I refuse to until they tell me that they have started the build! But yes, I fancied the bumper protector and the sill guards. Although Van Style and others offer some cheaper alternatives on that well known auction site. I believe they are an easy enough fit. I think its just a case of cleaning the surface properly and using the 3M tape that is already in situ. I am sure the genuine VW's will use the same method.
Yes I feel a trip is required to my local VW Commercial dealer when lockdown lifts if lockdown lifts to check out these options - yes Ive been reading about the long delays getting longer, its frustrating all this waiting around but guess it goes with the current climate across all of life at the minute!!

Yes I feel a trip is required to my local VW Commercial dealer when lockdown lifts if lockdown lifts to check out these options - yes Ive been reading about the long delays getting longer, its frustrating all this waiting around but guess it goes with the current climate across all of life at the minute!!
My fault - I spent 2 more months faffing after you pulled the trigger on yours. And all that achieved was the extra £1k post Oct price increase and being placed at the back of an ever growing queue. (Feeling bad that I have hijacked the 204 thread) I am not qualified to be typing here :offtopic;)

My fault - I spent 2 more months faffing after you pulled the trigger on yours. And all that achieved was the extra £1k post Oct price increase and being placed at the back of an ever growing queue. (Feeling bad that I have hijacked the 204 thread) I am not qualified to be typing here :offtopic;)
Yes I remember but the wait will be worth it especially as nobody's going anywhere in a hurry these days!!

Just got this from my dealer. Not good news and suggests talk of weight restrictions affecting delivery is probably spot on.

I have to inform you that because of environmental restrictions the 80L fuel tank has been removed from the option list of the Volkswagen California.

The new Co2 emissions require all new vehicles to cut in weight and the bigger fuel tank did not get through unfortunately.

I wonder whats next

Wow, I have been wondering if I should be adding the 80L fuel tank, as I wasn't sure at least I can stop thining about that. Though now I'm not concerned they are going to tell me we cant have the 5th seat. At that point it is game over for us.

Just got this from my dealer. Not good news and suggests talk of weight restrictions affecting delivery is probably spot on.

I have to inform you that because of environmental restrictions the 80L fuel tank has been removed from the option list of the Volkswagen California.

The new Co2 emissions require all new vehicles to cut in weight and the bigger fuel tank did not get through unfortunately.

I wonder whats next
Yet remains on the configurator ?? Reassuring that they are all over this eh?

Yet remains on the configurator ?? Reassuring that they are all over this eh?
Probably a very recent decision and the changes haven't filtered down to IT yet.

I wonder whats next
Here-in starts the rot.
No towbar next ?
That’s a heavy item !