Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Owner Question Auxilary remote control

Cubby

Cubby

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Are the heater remote controls universal to all T6 California Oceans, as i wasn't given one when i bought my Ocean so if i buy a new one was wondering if it had to be coded my a main dealer to work properly.

Are the heater remote controls universal to all T6 California Oceans, as i wasn't given one when i bought my Ocean so if i buy a new one was wondering if it had to be coded my a main dealer to work properly.
No, they have to be coded. In the past the Remote for the Parking Heater was a paid for Option. If not specified then the electronics for the heater did not have the receiver.
Was the Remote standard on your vehicle?

Im not sure when i bought it the previous owner said he wasn't given it and that the main dealer would send it out to him but never did, any advice on how i would find out if my heater is compatible would be much appreciated

Im not sure when i bought it the previous owner said he wasn't given it and that the main dealer would send it out to him but never did, any advice on how i would find out if my heater is compatible would be much appreciated
VW will be able to tell you from your Reg/Vin number.

Many tanks again for all your help i will contact them tomorrow