Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New price list - 21st November 17

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Interesting!

It looks like you can’t order different alloy wheels unless you are getting a 204, and they’ve taken away the option for all weather tyres.

Also, flappy paddle steering wheel now nearly £400!

I wonder if it’s the all weather tyres on my order that is holding up the allocation of a build week... my order was confirmed by the factory on the 13th Nov but no BW allocated yet.

Interesting!

It looks like you can’t order different alloy wheels unless you are getting a 204, and they’ve taken away the option for all weather tyres.

Also, flappy paddle steering wheel now nearly £400!

I wonder if it’s the all weather tyres on my order that is holding up the allocation of a build week... my order was confirmed by the factory on the 13th Nov but no BW allocated yet.
I just checked - against a 150 Tdi you can have 17" and 18" options.......

Also 16", 17" and 18" for a Beach.

I guess it's a question of which is correct? Time for a conversation with the dealer!!

Previously, I was told by my dealer.... That the PDF is "Gospel" and the Website Configurator, must be updated by "pot-smoking geeks."

However, he did phone his "California Product Support" Hotline for clarifications, whilst I was stat beside him.... We were both scratching our head at the configurator at the time.....

Really interesting.....
Just to complicate things the dealer has his own dealer configurator which is "THE Bible" because its is this that allows them to place your order with VW. So he/she should not be confused. I trusted the dealer version when I ordered and I got delivered exactly what I ordered.
Suggest you do the same if dealer is knowledgeable enough or will allow!

I think you are all suffering from similar issues that arose the last time there was a new price list, when we were ordering in late summer.

Neither the newest price list, the brochure nor the on-line configurator seemed to be aligned in terms of what was standard v permitted options. I don't think that the configurator synched up with the August '17 price list for a good few weeks or more.

It can be frustrating, just as you are about to commit you can't verify for sure if the options you actually want are permissible in the permutation you need. A dealer should hopefully have their fingers on the pulse.

As far as we know we do actually have [or should have] what we ordered about to be delivered - fingers crossed.

I think you are all suffering from similar issues that arose the last time there was a new price list, when we were ordering in late summer.

Neither the newest price list, the brochure nor the on-line configurator seemed to be aligned in terms of what was standard v permitted options. I don't think that the configurator synched up with the August '17 price list for a good few weeks or more.

It can be frustrating, just as you are about to commit you can't verify for sure if the options you actually want are permissible in the permutation you need. A dealer should hopefully have their fingers on the pulse.

As far as we know we do actually have [or should have] what we ordered about to be delivered - fingers crossed.
The dealers have their own configurator (!) this is the version they use when you place your order. I ended up sitting down with the salesman and going through it line by line using their configuration.

The shower option is shown in the PDF price list and the configurator but only for the Ocean.

Oh yes I can see it now - its in the kitchen section of course !!

Does anybody know what this option is for - I hope its not what I think it is.

"Power steering with steering wheel column adjustable in height and reach - £282"

Oh yes I can see it now - its in the kitchen section of course !!

Does anybody know what this option is for - I hope its not what I think it is.

"Power steering with steering wheel column adjustable in height and reach - £282"
Where are you looking? On the configurator this is std fit.

Edit: Just found it in the PDF version - I would say it's a mistake. Not unknown.

I've said it before the dealers version of the configurator is the ref the dealers use.

Ahh... and the other bigger change on this price list is that you can’t order a manual 204 any more.. in either 2wd or 4motion.

I asked the customer service live chat and they said that this is correct - it’s a production restriction.

Please view our advert in Cali's for sale, Edition 30 LHD 2017 currently for sale and options to order from new on all models