Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New roof recall?

The only recall for the roof on calis at present is the know about corrosion recall.
I am wondering if anyone has written proof of VW extending the warranty to 6 years on the roof corrosion recalls?..our warrenty runs out next week but VW are refusing to help. We are having nothing but a nightmare with VW commercial and have a roof leaking with next to no help or advise from VW. Any ideas what to do??

I am wondering if anyone has written proof of VW extending the warranty to 6 years on the roof corrosion recalls?..our warrenty runs out next week but VW are refusing to help. We are having nothing but a nightmare with VW commercial and have a roof leaking with next to no help or advise from VW. Any ideas what to do??
Yes l have the original letter from VW. It was posted on the forum many years ago. Just had a quick search, but l couldn't find it, could someone help find it, cheers.

Yes l have the original letter from VW. It was posted on the forum many years ago. Just had a quick search, but l couldn't find it, could someone help find it, cheers.

Attachments

• VWCORLET.pdf
    947.3 KB · Views: 32
Nice detective work KM

That’s the letter

so I read that as :
6 year warranty from new (registration date)
3 year warranty after any remedial work has been carried out

suggest anyone with an issue within the stated time frame downloads that letter.

I had a particularly bad experience when I took my 2014 to Parkway Leicester. I made the mistake of not inspecting the roof before driving home. When I did inspect the roof I noticed a bulge on the front right side of the roof seal. I opened the roof to find the following - View attachment 45099

I rang Parkway Leicester to be told the roof would not have been opened to make a repair. Which is obviously a lie. I've shared the image with them and asked for an explanation. But they have failed to reply. I'm wondering what my next steps are? I brought the vehicle from them and an extended AA warranty but have lost total trust in them.
If you look at the roof seals on conversions, they are always hanging off. One of the good things about the Cali construction is the aluminium roof and unique seal.
Letting a dealer take off the seal is like playing Russian roulette! VW have manufactured a vehicle the majority of their dealers are completely incapable of maintaining. I doubt it is possible to take it off and put it back on well. Reading these posts there seems to be a growing realisation that letting a dealer do recall work on your roof seems likely to make it worse. I saw a picture of this tape a few years later hanging off. It’s clearly of dubious benefit.
It’s nice to hear that Breeze in Poole seem to have a person who is on top of his job but it just highlights again how utterly clueless the rest are.

I suppose it’s easy for me to walk away from dealers as my 2008 seems old enough to forget about warranties and ironically I have limited bubbling. I can understand the pain of someone who has a 2017 vehicle. I would still consider not having the “fix“. Just look at that tape and metal tool. I wouldn’t want anyone going near my van with either.

Last edited:
You are all very lovely thank you so much. We have just started our Cali adventures after dreaming of it for years and seem to have started off on the wrong foot with all of this. It has taken the shine off that’s for sure BUT we had our first weekend away and it was everything we’ve been dreaming of. Let’s hope VW customer care so just a little bit of what they are there for.

thank you all x

Is it this one?
Hi KernowMaid,
Just noticed that you are a new member of the California family living in Watford. How about a get together over a glass of milk, or if you're not a Milkmaid, maybe something else.
I'll PM you.

Back