Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recall T6 Ocean 2016

My T6 204ps was built 20/06/2017 being concerned I checked with my service dealer and they informed my vehicle has no recalls or needing any work , not taking there word for it I called my case mamager who dealt with my tow bar wiring problem and who had just informed me VW would pay for the mud flaps and tow bar to be fitted FOC a good result , so he was keen to keep me happy , he confirmed my vehicle did not need any recalls it does seem he was unable to confirm these problems had been addressed during the build I find that in this day it should be recorded vin numbers 1-? need to be recalled to be honest I think no such information is recorded and they just only do the ones that throw up a problem. I kept a copy of our conversation and like the last post from Calimera I have checked and with 200 miles I am off traveling soon and been told I need nothing checked :(
Most, if not all, of the vehicles having this " Quality Improvement/Recall " seem to be the 150 engine so your Dealer was probably correct.

mine had to have some when I rang up about it ....204 manual built 2016

mine had to have some when I rang up about it ....204 manual built 2016
Quit possible, but normally as soon as something like this is instituted then the fix is applied to new build from that point forward. So yours is 2016 and @John Guppy is 2017.

yes agree ,but your previous post implied it was only 150 involved
Sorry, but " Most, if not all, " does not mean All. If I had meant All then I wouldn't have inserted " Most ".:thumb

Had my software updated today. No parts needed, they mentioned, emissions a dpf sensor and battery charging.

Noticed that the regen kicked in when I parked up at home it was much quieter than normal. Not sure if this related.

The key vehicles are T6 2016 (both size engines).
With, what appears to be a different update for the 204 compared with the 150, according to information in the above postings.
Parts and software for the 150 and software for 204 out of approx 6 150's and 2 204's according to the information above.

Just taken my 150 in to have a squeak cured and was told there was a software update to be done while she was in, no mention of parts being required for this update.
Big worry is the squeak is somewhere around the water tank so its a kitchen out job.

Is it just me or the consumption seems went down slightly after the software update? I was getting rediculous 45miles per gallon on long slow stretches in a recent France travel. 205bhp 4 motion DSG.
Was suspecting it is a premium fuel I decided to test but after filling the regular one consumption was same low level.

Another huge change is Addblue consumption got pretty low as well. Had 6500km when leaving home. It now says 4000km though I've made over 5k on the trip without adding it.

Grace in first service today. Had this latest campaign done.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Is it just me or the consumption seems went down slightly after the software update? I was getting rediculous 45miles per gallon on long slow stretches in a recent France travel. 205bhp 4 motion DSG.
Was suspecting it is a premium fuel I decided to test but after filling the regular one consumption was same low level.
You may be correct about that. Drive 350 miles yesterday almost all motor way with an average speed of 60. Refilled today when showing 90 mile range. Previously seemed to get over 400 on such a motorway run. I'll see what it's like when in return in a few weeks.

Perhaps the readings are now more accurate? Fill to fill manual calculations show much lower mpg than the MFD...

Perhaps the readings are now more accurate? Fill to fill manual calculations show much lower mpg than the MFD...

Maybe, I don't use the mpg I use a odometer, I reset it after every fill up. I can probably find out what he mpg is precisely but I prefer the "its showing 350 so I've got around 60 - 90 miles before the light comes on dependent on the terrain.

Maybe, I don't use the mpg I use a odometer, I reset it after every fill up. I can probably find out what he mpg is precisely but I prefer the "its showing 350 so I've got around 60 - 90 miles before the light comes on dependent on the terrain.
What size Fuel Tank have you got?
I thought the 204 was more fuel efficient than the 180? I have the 80L tank and get 500 no problem and that's before the Low Fuel alarm sounds, with varied roads, terrain and I keep up with the traffic.:thumb

70l, normal refuel is 50-60 litres, nearly 9 month old and 9.5k miles.
Before the latest recall the best I got was about 530 before I bottled it and filled up.

It was getting better until recently.

Collected my Cali Beach from the dealer's today after some warranty work and I opted for my first interim service from my four-service pack (hit 12,000 miles and off to France on a long trip). As promised they completed Service Campaigns 21G3 & 23U8 - one is a bolt replacement in the oil line somewhere due to leaks, the other is the software update.

Our Campaign updates involved more than yours Stoneybroke on our 2016 150 DSG ocean.
To quote Hirsty, his is T6 Beach.
With regards the product enhancement, it consisted of a software update to both the gearbox and engine software as well as the replacement of a PRESSURE SENSOR in the turbo system and a replacement FUEL SUPPY HOSE .There is also a check to ensure the correct fuse is fitted to the secondary battery system."
Plus the bolt replacement in the oil line.

Our Campaign updates involved more than yours Stoneybroke on our 2016 150 DSG ocean.
To quote Hirsty, his is T6 Beach.
With regards the product enhancement, it consisted of a software update to both the gearbox and engine software as well as the replacement of a PRESSURE SENSOR in the turbo system and a replacement FUEL SUPPY HOSE .There is also a check to ensure the correct fuse is fitted to the secondary battery system."
Plus the bolt replacement in the oil line.
I suppose it's all based on VIN, actual model, and production dates? Mine is a 150 Beach DSG, but no Anti-chafing recall that others have had.
By coincidence (?), whilst the dealer had it, the engine management light came on during a test drive. - fuel pressure sensor replaced...

Agree seem to be related to actual model/production date.
Some Engine management lights coming on have been because of the faulty DPF sensor , like Ably on page 1 of this thread.
We also off on travels soon.

We have had the flashing yellow coil a couple of times in the last months with limp mode for the engine. Stopped, switched off and back on again and all then ok. However took it to the local VW utility garage yesterday for a check and they mentioned the recall 23U8 and want to do that before any further investigation. Surprised that the dealer where we bought it did not inform us. In Switzerland at least the recall mentions engine management software update, fuel pipe, auxiliary battery fuse and some sensor in exhaust system. Booked in next week. lets see if the flashing yellow coil is fixed...

We have had the flashing yellow coil a couple of times in the last months with limp mode for the engine. Stopped, switched off and back on again and all then ok. However took it to the local VW utility garage yesterday for a check and they mentioned the recall 23U8 and want to do that before any further investigation. Surprised that the dealer where we bought it did not inform us. In Switzerland at least the recall mentions engine management software update, fuel pipe, auxiliary battery fuse and some sensor in exhaust system. Booked in next week. lets see if the flashing yellow coil is fixed...

We are not informed in this country of these recalls/campaigns( not counted as safety issue),unless in garage for something else or more alarmingly when the engine management light comes on.
Same recall as done on our 150 DSG 2016. Seems to be affecting 150 & 204 engines.

All dealers are aware of these recalls every vehicles is on there data base including service one could say they don't bother or care , changing a fuel pipe and sensor in the exhaust is a serious problem but they hide the real reason under software enhancements but I am sure you check your MPG and see the difference

Do what I do is get to know the service manager first name terms take a big box of donuts in to the sales and service tecs , drop them an email now and again asking any updates it really works
sometimes I drop in for a coffee when wife goes shopping that's why the donuts work :thanks

Back