Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I think you can it would still significantly reduce damage to the planet - snd of course with time the gas hob and diesel heater could also be replaced - it’s called progress rather than sticking in the mud
ill tell my boss that . he will find that quite funny. we must be stuck in the mud making the newest tech for all the car companies and f1 and top cycling teams . try looking a bit further into the future. boris is not in engineering . im not into politics. sorry if you don't understand.

You miss my point - I’m sorry that you don’t understand

I don't know if it gives any Week 20 club members some hope (or just confuses things more) but our Coast was still showing as Status 20 while sitting on a ship at Emden waiting to leave.

I don't know if it gives any Week 20 club members some hope (or just confuses things more) but our Coast was still showing as Status 20 while sitting on a ship at Emden waiting to leave.
That’s interesting… how did you find out that it was on a ship?

Have you now got your van?

Thanks

That’s interesting… how did you find out that it was on a ship?

Have you now got your van?

Thanks
Hi @itguy. Dealer sent the news about being on the boat at Emden but when I queried the status it was at Status 20. The system doesn't always keep up with real life by all accounts. Last Thursday, the van was at the UK port and expected at the dealer in 7-10 working days, so not long now.

Hi @itguy. Dealer sent the news about being on the boat at Emden but when I queried the status it was at Status 20. The system doesn't always keep up with real life by all accounts. Last Thursday, the van was at the UK port and expected at the dealer in 7-10 working days, so not long now.
I wonder if ours were on the same ship. Mine is a 204 Ocean, ordered middle of Nov, built in week 23 and is now at Sheerness (arrived today apparently) waiting to transfer to the dealer. It’s been quite a wait and process but the end is in sight!

I wonder if ours were on the same ship. Mine is a 204 Ocean, ordered middle of Nov, built in week 23 and is now at Sheerness (arrived today apparently) waiting to transfer to the dealer. It’s been quite a wait and process but the end is in sight!
Ours was headed for Tyne so not the same ship but maybe they got to wave to each other on the crossing? :stop

Just checking did you get confirmation that your order had arrived via the dealer? We also have an Ocean 204 which was confirmed as Week 23 build and expect that it will be sent to Sherness as our dealer is in Kent.
(Order December 15th and removed towbar which is why it's moved to Week 23 build)

Just checking did you get confirmation that your order had arrived via the dealer? We also have an Ocean 204 which was confirmed as Week 23 build and expect that it will be sent to Sherness as our dealer is in Kent.
(Order December 15th and removed towbar which is why it's moved to Week 23 build)
Hi Bickie, no it wasn’t the dealer, I went on VW chat this morning out of intreague, so total coincidence that it arrived at the UK port today. Similar to you, I removed the TPMS to avoid delays, glad i did in the end as it’ll be good to get out and about in it this summer! What colour did you go for?

Hi Bickie, no it wasn’t the dealer, I went on VW chat this morning out of intreague, so total coincidence that it arrived at the UK port today. Similar to you, I removed the TPMS to avoid delays, glad i did in the end as it’ll be good to get out and about in it this summer! What colour did you go for?
Fingers crossed that they have up to date information, I have emailed my dealer to see if they have any details. We decided on the Starlight Blue in the end as our other older vans have been blue :). What did you go for?

As many have said before, all frustations will disappear once we get it I am sure, here's hoping.

Happy to hear Oceans from December start to be build and even deliver.
Still no news in the Switzerland market for me.
BTW, out of curiosity, when you guys speak about towbar, you mean the towbar itself or only the preinstallation? We order only the preinstallation, and I wonder if that can cause any delay.
I would say our 2 colors setup can be also the reason…

Second post of the day! Update as requested by Stu@rt, I ordered my Coast on 29th January 2021and have been given Build Week 28 (12th July) by both my dealer (Breeze Poole) and VW Chat.

Second post of the day! Update as requested by Stu@rt, I ordered my Coast on 29th January 2021and have been given Build Week 28 (12th July) by both my dealer (Breeze Poole) and VW Chat.
Fingers crossed for an early delivery for you Simon.

Congrats @Simon_G - when did you get that update? I ordered an Ocean from breeze on 27th Jan and had an email at the weekend saying they still didn’t know when mine would be built. I’ve tried VW chat but they keep telling me that the factory are only updating Breeze directly, to which I replied “well they’re not as they still don’t know when my van MAY be built”…. Apparently they’re escalating this to their case management team. Beeeze have done their best to keep me updated but I don’t understand why the factory Can’t tell them when my van may be built? I had a “June” build for ages and then an unconfirmed June 21st build week and then all of a sudden all estimates have disappeared?! Very glad someone with an order date near mine has a Date! At least it’s a glimmer of light!

Fingers crossed that they have up to date information, I have emailed my dealer to see if they have any details. We decided on the Starlight Blue in the end as our other older vans have been blue :). What did you go for?

As many have said before, all frustations will disappear once we get it I am sure, here's hoping.
Good colour choice.. I really like the look of the older two tone white and starlight blue vans so as that wasn’t available on this model we are getting candy white and having the bottom half wrapped in dark metallic blue, we’ll get the b-pillar changed to black too - Hopefully look smart! ... This will be our first camper so all quite exciting!

You’re right about the frustrations, and I have had plenty along the way, but I’m sure it’ll all be fine once I’m finally sitting in it!

Congrats @Simon_G - when did you get that update? I ordered an Ocean from breeze on 27th Jan and had an email at the weekend saying they still didn’t know when mine would be built. I’ve tried VW chat but they keep telling me that the factory are only updating Breeze directly, to which I replied “well they’re not as they still don’t know when my van MAY be built”…. Apparently they’re escalating this to their case management team. Beeeze have done their best to keep me updated but I don’t understand why the factory Can’t tell them when my van may be built? I had a “June” build for ages and then an unconfirmed June 21st build week and then all of a sudden all estimates have disappeared?! Very glad someone with an order date near mine has a Date! At least it’s a glimmer of light!
My update was exactly a week ago. I had been badgering Tom at Breeze but he's now been promoted so his colleague John came back to me confirming what VW chat had said.

Good colour choice.. I really like the look of the older two tone white and starlight blue vans so as that wasn’t available on this model we are getting candy white and having the bottom half wrapped in dark metallic blue, we’ll get the b-pillar changed to black too - Hopefully look smart! ... This will be our first camper so all quite exciting!

You’re right about the frustrations, and I have had plenty along the way, but I’m sure it’ll all be fine once I’m finally sitting in it!
Thanks to be honest all are pretty nice once you are in the Van.

I emailed our dealer and he advised that our build has completed but currently still at the factory undergoing a and i quote - "awaiting it's final quality control checks, point 8 of a 7 point process apparently."

He's been told to contact them in the week if it's not moved on a status, so looks like ours missed out on the ship so will be at least a few days later. Hoping that it will be with them for a Mid July pick up.

My update was exactly a week ago. I had been badgering Tom at Breeze but he's now been promoted so his colleague John came back to me confirming what VW chat had said.
So does that now mean as Tom has been promoted, a knowledge person is now not available?

Back