Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

A few Nov and Dec Coasts seem to be coming through now which is encouraging. Plenty with more options than we spec'ed too. Any recent Coasts with the flooring upgrade? Trying to play detective on the reason for the delay. No towbar or TPMS here!
I’ve had flooring and have a cbw of 12th July. Ordered 29th Sept.

I received an email from SMG this morning....................................:(

"We have this morning received a bulletin from VW UK to inform all dealers that all Commercial Vehicle production has been halted due to a shortage in an electronic component to do with the air bags, they estimate the stoppage to last a week currently."

"We have this morning received a bulletin from VW UK to inform all dealers that all Commercial Vehicle production has been halted due to a shortage in an electronic component to do with the air bags, they estimate the stoppage to last a week currently."
:headbang I bet you got mildly excited when you saw that in your inbox before opening it. Hang in there.

I felt a little guilty last night, booking my train tickets to Liverpool for 7th July. :Iamsorry

Oh well... I'll get over it. :pinkbanana

If you have a vehicle 6 weeks in to California fit out, i would not expect it to be delayed by airbag components? I would expect airbags to be fitted in the shell that was the delivered to the California factory 7/8 weeks ago?

Anyone know more on airbags in the passenger/camping area!?

My vehicle is 2.5 weeks in its build. So watching your 6+ weeks with trepidation…

If you have a vehicle 6 weeks in to California fit out, i would not expect it to be delayed by airbag components? I would expect airbags to be fitted in the shell that was the delivered to the California factory 7/8 weeks ago?

My vehicle is 2.5 weeks in its build. So watching your 6+ weeks with trepidation…
Good point @Saul B.

At what stage are he front seats fitted? They contain airbags.

Pass on front seats. In my head it comes over to the Cali factory largely as a Caravelle/Bulli/Multivan (possibly those all have the same seats fitted) and most or all of the Cali fit out goes on in the rear.

I don’t know.

If airbag components are a one week delay then it is what it is.

Pass on front seats. In my head it comes over to the Cali factory largely as a Caravelle/Bulli/Multivan (possibly those all have the same seats fitted) and most or all of the Cali fit out goes on in the rear.

I don’t know.

If airbag components are a one week delay then it is what it is.
You may well be right, I was only trying to think where else an airbag would be.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Assumed others would have had similar comments today too. What's another week amongst friends eh? :)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Assumed others would have had similar comments today too. What's another week amongst friends eh? :)
No news from my dealer as to what the delays are, mines been in build since week 22

It’s a shame that they don’t kick them back out of ‘build’ if there’s a big delay - so we could make changes to the spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So for those of us currently in build for several weeks are we now my21 or my22?

So for those of us currently in build for several weeks are we now my21 or my22?
Good question. I was assuming that as mine was supposedly started May 17th that it would be MY21. I am assuming that it would only be those started after the MY change that would be new spec?

Well we are still sat at status 20, build week 20. I have been chasing my dealer hard after being stonewalled by online chat now (as everyone has) and the message from VW UK brand support centrally to my dealer is 'there are delays, don't ask us again'... helpful :(

@Stu@rt if it helps compare specs to figure it out, we have;

204 4mo - indium grey
strawberry roof bellows
woodstock alloys
art velours interior
towbar
shower
wood floor
heated windscreen
all weather tyres 235 width
high beam control
80l fuel tank

Well we are still sat at status 20, build week 20. I have been chasing my dealer hard after being stonewalled by online chat now (as everyone has) and the message from VW UK brand support centrally to my dealer is 'there are delays, don't ask us again'... helpful :(

204 4mo - indium grey
strawberry roof bellows
woodstock alloys
art velours interior
towbar
shower
wood floor
heated windscreen
high beam control
80l fuel tank
Hi @itguy mine is an Ocean 150, build week 21 and still at status 20, phoned up dealer and they say that they have no idea of the cause of delay. Only options I have are Woodstock alloys and 80L fuel tank, I note that you have these two items on your list too.

204 4mo - indium grey
strawberry roof bellows
woodstock alloys
art velours interior
towbar
shower
wood floor
heated windscreen
high beam control
80l fuel tank
Thanks @itguy Its a Coast that we are waiting on. I was putting 2+2 together (and likely coming up with 7!) assuming that it's our flooring upgrade that is the hold up. Coast flooring upgrade matches the light oak units. So was just curious if any Coasts that are in shipping, or transit had the floor upgrade. Ply liner will obviously be the same as the Ocean upgrade, but the vinyl is a different colour. Was thinking maybe that was our hold-up. Our other options are either standard on the Ocean, or options that don't appear to be an issue (e.g. 80L tank) . My dealer telling me that its not unusual, as the factory was running on 50% staff until yesterdays production halt. He also horrified me by saying that last week he took delivery of a build week 9 van !!!! Wowsers eh?

It’s a shame that they don’t kick them back out of ‘build’ if there’s a big delay - so we could make changes to the spec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What would you add/remove?

My Dealer, as I’m sure many others have confirmed: “all Production at the factory has been suspended“.

it’s not just Cali’s.

I sincerely sympathise with any one in this horrible and ongoing situation.

my only conclusion is there must a major shortage in a common component across the range of commercial vehicles, preventing all products from being produced (not just a part relating to a particular specification- I.e a standard part common to all vans are affected).

This is a very serious issue for VW, their share holders and the Brand.

VW’s world wide overheads still remain at 100% whilst they stand the production down, I.e a huge cash burn situation of the highest order, which will have a direct impact on VAG group’s international standing In the Financial and vehicle communities.

VW would not have taken this decision lightly, it would have been a full board decision and one outside VW’s board of Directors control.
The board may have been aware of the potential and seen it coming for some time. (In the hope the supply chain could prevent it and recover).

IMO heads will roll over this, which is little consolation if you are awaiting your Van to progress through the system.

Emergency measure will be implemented by VW senior management, using the full force of the not inconsiderable weight of VAG group, to try and salvage the situation as quickly as possible.
simple measures may involve Air freight of components etc to try and get the manufacturing facility up an running as quickly as possible to limit the massive damage to the Brand and VAG group as a whole, however the fact the decision has been taken is not a good indication of the potential delay Duration.

I wonder if this has been a known potential issue, which may explain some of the strange re jigging of order schedule some have reported?

Bear in mind the Cali product relies on the transporter production line to feed it base vehicles, which they may have been able to keep running by re planning production around component shortages based on delivery schedules, to keep production of the base vehicle moving.

sadly this now appears to be outside of VW’s control.

Once again I sympathise greatly with anyone waiting for a vehicle, who finds themselves in this horrible nightmare.

My Dealer, as I’m sure many others have confirmed: “all Production at the factory has been suspended“.

it’s not just Cali’s.

I sincerely sympathise with any one in this horrible and ongoing situation.

my only conclusion is there must a major shortage in a common component across the range of commercial vehicles, preventing all products from being produced (not just a part relating to a particular specification- I.e a standard part common to all vans are affected).

This is a very serious issue for VW, their share holders and the Brand.

VW’s world wide overheads still remain at 100% whilst they stand the production down, I.e a huge cash burn situation of the highest order, which will have a direct impact on VAG group’s international standing In the Financial and vehicle communities.

VW would not have taken this decision lightly, it would have been a full board decision and one outside VW’s board of Directors control.
The board may have been aware of the potential and seen it coming for some time. (In the hope the supply chain could prevent it and recover).

IMO heads will roll over this, which is little consolation if you are awaiting your Van to progress through the system.

Emergency measure will be implemented by VW senior management, using the full force of the not inconsiderable weight of VAG group, to try and salvage the situation as quickly as possible.
simple measures may involve Air freight of components etc to try and get the manufacturing facility up an running as quickly as possible to limit the massive damage to the Brand and VAG group as a whole, however the fact the decision has been taken is not a good indication of the potential delay Duration.

I wonder if this has been a known potential issue, which may explain some of the strange re jigging of order schedule some have reported?

Bear in mind the Cali product relies on the transporter production line to feed it base vehicles, which they may have been able to keep running by re planning production around component shortages based on delivery schedules, to keep production of the base vehicle moving.

sadly this now appears to be outside of VW’s control.

Once again I sympathise greatly with anyone waiting for a vehicle, who finds themselves in this horrible nightmare.
Just off Chat with Rob............

"Thanks for waiting, Stuart. I can confirm that the information that you've been given is correct. I am also sorry to say, that we haven't been given any estimated timescales for when production will be resumed again."

The thing that is truly infuriating and for me its making the brand look so ridiculous is they are not telling anyone whats happening, this is truly the saddest thing of all and i have utterly lost my respect for the company . Just be blooming honest with people and the world would be a better place VW! Your treatment of your customers like me waiting for their ocean is truly awful ........

Back