Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hiii, really not good I know. This one was actually in stock, we did a walk around by video chat, and it was very tempting. Goodluck with your order.
So did you buy it, westfalia make great vans.
It’s just the build times have always been stupid before COVID they ran at 10mths (ish).

Hi All, Same thing here in Switzerland. Ordered a Coast (150 hp/DSG) in May '21 > ETA, according to dealer: January '22. Well let's see...!?
Reading here and on the German forum I'll be glad to have it delivered in April?
Cheers, Rob
Hi All, Same thing here in Switzerland. Ordered a Coast (150 hp/DSG) in May '21 > ETA, according to dealer: January '22. Well let's see...!?
Reading here and on the German forum I'll be glad to have it delivered in April?
Cheers, Rob
Love your Avatar @Pollewop. Listened to a lot of Zappa way back in the 70’s :)

Great news. Could you check whether the stereo turns off after 20 mins with the ignition off? Yours seems to be the newest Ofean delivery, and Cali Chris seems to think the stereo is now powered by the leisure battery. Might be MY22 I suppose, perhaps yours is 21 if it was built in June.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/posts/534462/bookmark
She's in for ceramic coating just now. When she's home I'll check and post here.

Have there been any cali deliveries in the last couple of weeks? Mine started build on 19th July and I’m keenly waiting another progress update

So did you buy it, westfalia make great vans.
It’s just the build times have always been stupid before COVID they ran at 10mths (ish).
No, i stayed with my order for a VW California Coast AWD. Normally its built and about to be shipped to France. I was considering the Kepler 5 as an alternative as I wanted my van fast at the time, and my VW dealer and I had a conflict around my original requirements.

Our week 24 build Ocean is finally at Emden. Very excited now. Hopefully we will have Hetti by mid August in time for some holidays just picked up a full 907 gas bottle as our first purchase - 90 percent full for £34. Can’t complain as was on gumtree 5 mins from home.

I’ve just been told my week 29 is still at stage 3 (been there 10 days) and that they’re hoping to get all vans out the factory before shutdown in 10 days - not feeling hopeful it’ll be with us in time for our holiday at end of August but it’s possible so we’re still tent or van, tent or van!

No, i stayed with my order for a VW California Coast AWD. Normally its built and about to be shipped to France. I was considering the Kepler 5 as an alternative as I wanted my van fast at the time, and my VW dealer and I had a conflict around my original requirements.
Ooh that Kepler Five is cool, if I was looking at a full kitchen / Ocean, I'd probably have gone for a Kepler and get the toilet requirement covered too!

Just had confirmation that my van has arrived at the dealership. If I wasn’t working away next week would likely have it by Tuesday - as it stands should be with us by next Saturday. Cant wait!

To complete our circle…

Ocean 204 4Mo Ascot Grey with the sports package collected today. Week 23 build (inc 2 week closure), hauled to Emden by 13th July, Sheerness by 21st, dealers 29th and collected 31st. 10 months all in all. SMG Tonbridge - well looked after by Matt Weller.

They do come through guys, eventually.

Keep the faith, SB

PS: It’s like driving a vehicular swiss-army knife! The capabilities feel endless. : )

To complete our circle…

Ocean 204 4Mo Ascot Grey with the sports package collected today. Week 23 build (inc 2 week closure), hauled to Emden by 13th July, Sheerness by 21st, dealers 29th and collected 31st. 10 months all in all. SMG Tonbridge - well looked after by Matt Weller.

Keep the faith, SB

PS: It’s like driving a vehicular swiss-army knife! The capabilities feel endless. : )
Ordered same spec from SMG 10 months ago and still no sign of ours…

Ordered same spec from SMG 10 months ago and still no sign of ours…
Sorry to hear that @mogfor - it’s a mad system I couldn’t make peace with either. I know a few others on here are still at large and that isn’t comfortable for anyone.

It will come through tho.

To complete our circle…

Keep the faith, SB

Congratulations. Love to see a few phots when you can.

8 months to the day from ordering to collection. Today is the day I have "unwatched " this particular thread. Can't leave it alone :thumb

View attachment 82299
Well Hallelujah! It's about time. Really pleased for you mate. Cracking choice of van (if I do say so myself). Congrats to everyone with collections done or due and good luck to those still waiting.:bananadance2

Congratulations. Love to see a few phots when you can.
To complete our circle…

Keep the faith, SB

Great spec, when did you order?
Pleased to read you’re happy with it. Do you have wireless phone charging and rear seatbelt warnings? And does the stereo still switch off after 20 mins with the ignition off? (Supposedly MY22 upgrades.)
Im waiting for an Ascot Grey with sports pack - would love to see some photos of yours.

8 months to the day from ordering to collection. Today is the day I have "unwatched " this particular thread. Can't leave it alone :thumb

View attachment 82299
Congratulations It looks like we have ordered exactly the same configuration and color, but for us it’s still a long wait till we can enjoy our California. Hopefully in February….

Great spec, when did you order?
Pleased to read you’re happy with it. Do you have wireless phone charging and rear seatbelt warnings? And does the stereo still switch off after 20 mins with the ignition off? (Supposedly MY22 upgrades.)
Im waiting for an Ascot Grey with sports pack - would love to see some photos of yours.
Hi, @66tim99 i know you’re waiting for similar. Hang tough.

Order was 24/09/20. Was a week 23 build, so assuming MY21. No wireless charging mats (would look so much neater) and I didn’t notice the seatbelt advisory - so no. Haven’t camped in it yet so don’t know about the radio timing yet - we will use a Bose or Sonos Bluetooth anyway.

its pouring down here today - let me grab a couple of photos for you from my social media team (wife’s accounts)… :)

Back