Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

@Saul B
Is there any chance you could measure the hight at the back your new California from the highest point? I think the awning is the highest bit at the back . I’m hopefully mine will fit in my garage when it arrives at 206cm.

Thanks in advance if you get a chance.

Paul

@Kernowboy @66tim99

Ocean in ascot grey - we’ve exchanged thoughts on the sports pack on other posts so happy to answer what I can on another thread if you like.

Cheers, SB

View attachment 82322

View attachment 82323

View attachment 82324
Sports pack looks great with with Ascot grey....like you been a long wait but worth it. Got ours a couple of weeks ago, starlight blue with chrome pack as thought that would offset the blue.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Got our van a couple of weeks ago and been lucky to get to France for a bit. First impressions of the long drive down to the south was unbelievable, coming from a converted t5 it was pure luxury. It almost drives by itself on the long and mainly traffic free motorways....seats really comfortable, stereo quality pretty decent. No real road buz and plenty of room for the dog between the seats. We have had a few vans over the years and I know you get what you pay for but oh my, really is worth it. Only issue has been with the sos button, seems that if you park for a whe in a location without signal it errors (goes red) and requests visit to dealer. Upon restart it disappears, happened twice so may have to speak to them when we get back.

Pics are after run down here so excuse the dirt...
d83f580e7b7b7c3d0dc026c3975a3771.jpg
d580dafcea5f527927bf003fdbdaf985.jpg
ba99025bc2a871c85492a618a7a3d0e1.jpg
533d1eab80323e26b68454fc71399de7.jpg

Got our van a couple of weeks ago and been lucky to get to France for a bit. First impressions of the long drive down to the south was unbelievable, coming from a converted t5 it was pure luxury. It almost drives by itself on the long and mainly traffic free motorways....seats really comfortable, stereo quality pretty decent. No real road buz and plenty of room for the dog between the seats. We have had a few vans over the years and I know you get what you pay for but oh my, really is worth it. Only issue has been with the sos button, seems that if you park for a whe in a location without signal it errors (goes red) and requests visit to dealer. Upon restart it disappears, happened twice so may have to speak to them when we get back.

I think we’ve all had the red SOS button problem in our 6.1’s. Not unique the VW Californias apparently.

@Saul B
Is there any chance you could measure the hight at the back your new California from the highest point? I think the awning is the highest bit at the back . I’m hopefully mine will fit in my garage when it arrives at 206cm.

P
@Saul B

Paul
Here you go. I held a piece of deck board parallel to the floor off the awning at rear of awning and used a laser measure to floor.

Best of 3.

To consider: Vehicle is lightly loaded with nobody on board, brand new, has suspension 267 option (nobody knows what this is yet) and is on 18” Springfields with 255/45 tyres.

Cheers, SB

PS: measure twice - drive in once

0AEBD0B2-4CBD-4679-B790-A60CC148B088.jpeg

Here you go. I held a piece of deck board parallel to the floor off the awning at rear of awning and used a laser measure to floor.

Best of 3.

To consider: Vehicle is lightly loaded with nobody on board, brand new, has suspension 267 option (nobody knows what this is yet) and is on 18” Springfields with 255/45 tyres.

Cheers, SB

PS: measure twice - drive in once

View attachment 82407
Brilliant job. Thank you so much for your time. Reason for asking, I also will have the 18s & 267 option so I can pretty much assume it will be the same height as yours when it arrives. Top Job. Thank you

Paul

Brilliant job. Thank you so much for your time. Reason for asking, I also will have the 18s & 267 option so I can pretty much assume it will be the same height as yours when it arrives. Top Job. Thank you

Paul
All sounds good then - no problem at all.

Just rang my dealer and my van is still sat at stage 5 awaiting spares, it went into built 28/06

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are same as you, went into build at the same time and updated today as still at stage 5. Has said it’s a MY22. Not sure we will make our campsite booking for end of august but we will see!

We are same as you, went into build at the same time and updated today as still at stage 5. Has said it’s a MY22. Not sure we will make our campsite booking for end of august but we will see!
Definitely a chance still! Before you know it it’ll be on the forecourt. Look forward to hearing about the MY22 upgrades

Sports pack looks great with with Ascot grey....like you been a long wait but worth it. Got ours a couple of weeks ago, starlight blue with chrome pack as thought that would offset the blue.

thats what I've ordered. have you got a pic?

looks amazing. thanks for the share. can i ask a quick silly q? you might not know...but with these wheels/tyres is there a spare? and does the spare wheel lock safe i had seen fit it? Enjoy your travels you lucky thing.

looks amazing. thanks for the share. can i ask a quick silly q? you might not know...but with these wheels/tyres is there a spare? and does the spare wheel lock safe i had seen fit it? Enjoy your travels you lucky thing.
Hi Dean good question....as we orders these wheels we didn't get a spare wheel just the air compressor and fluid to seal flats...not a big fan of this so will probably get a spare wheel added when I get back. I have already checked under the boot and there is space for a spare but I imagine will not be the same tyre size. There is no clamp for locking but expect that it's because I have not got the spare option, previous vans have had the spare locked in place. I'll update when I get back with the spare installed. As said by many they are worth the wait, good luck with getting yours.

Hi Dean good question....as we orders these wheels we didn't get a spare wheel just the air compressor and fluid to seal flats...not a big fan of this so will probably get a spare wheel added when I get back. I have already checked under the boot and there is space for a spare but I imagine will not be the same tyre size. There is no clamp for locking but expect that it's because I have not got the spare option, previous vans have had the spare locked in place. I'll update when I get back with the spare installed. As said by many they are worth the wait, good luck with getting yours.

Will take a pic tomorrow, too much rose at the mo....

Thread’s dropped off the front page*, hope that’s not a sign it’s all ground to a halt!

My Starlight Blue Ocean continues to be a distant dream but we’re camped up next to a Swiss plated Starlight Blue Ocean here on the Basque Coast which is bittersweet lol
At least I’m finally sure i like the colour ;)

* apparently it hadn’t but i couldn’t find it

I’m in the same boat, I have sites booked for the end of August and I’m doubtful I will get the van in time, on the bright side you would get a new September number plate prefix.

I was also told it would be a MY22 but they couldn’t confirm the changes.

Someone did say they were trying to push the vans out before the factory closes for holiday (because the workers haven’t had enough time off ) so hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back