Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Why should you expect a lower level of customer service when going through DtD? The only additional costs to the dealer is the small broker fee, much the same discounts or better are available going direct.
They should be pretty keen on getting the van to you so if they’re not on the ball you want to be asking yourself why.
Perhaps just human nature - moving big numbers means less time for care? These are all van dealers, so customer service is different to car dealers anyway, but despite my dealer being a nice guy, we’ve never met in person and he often tells me how they have over 100 Californias on order, so he’ll only call when there’s some news. In reality it’s ALWAYS me calling them, and the truth seems to be that all dealers receive the same minimal factory information, so for an £8000 discount, I’ll accept the lack of soft soaping.

Perhaps just human nature - moving big numbers means less time for care? These are all van dealers, so customer service is different to car dealers anyway, but despite my dealer being a nice guy, we’ve never met in person and he often tells me how they have over 100 Californias on order, so he’ll only call when there’s some news. In reality it’s ALWAYS me calling them, and the truth seems to be that all dealers receive the same minimal factory information, so for an £8000 discount, I’ll accept the lack of soft soaping.
Yeah, my sentiments exactly!

Great news - I'm really pleased for you. Can you let me know when you ordered, and which Build Week you were allocated? Thanks!
Hi, yeah I ordered 22nd January, don’t really remember being allocated a build week, but it had an original estimated delivery date of 22nd June if that helps!

As it turns out, dealer called this morning, looks like I’m picking up Wednesday/Thursday next week!

Hi, yeah I ordered 22nd January, don’t really remember being allocated a build week, but it had an original estimated delivery date of 22nd June if that helps!

As it turns out, dealer called this morning, looks like I’m picking up Wednesday/Thursday next week!
Thanks for the information. I ordered my Ocean 150 on 25th February and was given a delivery date by Drive the Deal of 22rd July. All being well, I'll be in the same position as you within the next few weeks!
Hope all goes to plan for you next week!

Received my letter from VW today. Ordered a 204 Ocean on 1st Feb, had a confirmed build of week 34 but got a cryptic message from the dealer last week from which I understand that my build date is still week 34 but there will be a delay beyond the customary 3 weeks build for as yet an unspecified period. Hence the £500 goodwill gesture. I am keeping my frustration at bay by telling myself that the Cali will arrive at the dealer sometime in the not too distant future. At which time I will allow myself to get excited.
For those of you who are following the delivery timescale of others to gain an insight into your own expected wait, I can let you have another update on my order. I called my dealer today as I had heard nothing for a month. Got the good news that my ocean is now at stage 38; at Emden cleared for shipping. Not much longer to wait

For those of you who are following the delivery timescale of others to gain an insight into your own expected wait, I can let you have another update on my order. I called my dealer today as I had heard nothing for a month. Got the good news that my ocean is now at stage 38; at Emden cleared for shipping. Not much longer to wait
The Malacca Highway has just arrived at Emden this morning. Im at stage 38 too and addicted to watching the shipping apps to see when I may find out if my van is on its way to the uk!

The Malacca Highway has just arrived at Emden this morning. Im at stage 38 too and addicted to watching the shipping apps to see when I may find out if my van is on its way to the uk!
Mine didn’t make the boat according to VW Chat this morning fingers crossed others had better luck?

It sounds like we have the same dealer

Can anyone confirm whether things changing in the My Volkswagen login (VIN, access to user manuals, link to setup reconnect, rendering of the actual vehicle all appearing over a few days) correspond to the vehicle actually being built and on it's way? FYI in Switzerland we cannot see the status in the My Volkswagen login, only what I have described above...
I would say it is getting build! Can you remind me when and what did you order? I am also CH order and checking myvw from time to time and still no updates

I would say it is getting build! Can you remind me when and what did you order? I am also CH order and checking myvw from time to time and still no updates
I ordered right at the end of 2020 (28th or 29th December I think). 2 seat beach with towbar, 4x4 DSG. Are you with AMAG? I noticed in the contract it says something like they have the right to postpone the delivery date twice which I think is why my garage does not ever give a delivery date. Best I got was that it should be being built in September.

We ordered early December and it’s still in the factory. Sigh. Wondering if it will ever appear! Hopeful seeing some come through now but ours was at the quality control stage end of august so no idea what’s happening.

I ordered right at the end of 2020 (28th or 29th December I think). 2 seat beach with towbar, 4x4 DSG. Are you with AMAG? I noticed in the contract it says something like they have the right to postpone the delivery date twice which I think is why my garage does not ever give a delivery date. Best I got was that it should be being built in September.
Yes also with Amag but we have an Ocean order mid December. I need to check the contract then, as delivery is June I think

Yes also with Amag but we have an Ocean order mid December. I need to check the contract then, as delivery is June I think
I just had something solid from my dealer tonight. Should be here in around 10 days. Seems like if the MyVolkswagen login wakes up, the van is on the way.

I just had something solid from my dealer tonight. Should be here in around 10 days. Seems like if the MyVolkswagen login wakes up, the van is on the way.
Good news @stim . Regarding tracking a vehicle via the MyVolkswagen App, I believe it only works for cars and not for commercial vehicles. The Cali’ comes under the latter.

Good news @stim . Regarding tracking a vehicle via the MyVolkswagen App, I believe it only works for cars and not for commercial vehicles. The Cali’ comes under the latter.
That may be true for actually tracking the different stages, but a couple of weeks ago, I noticed the VIN number appeared, then the generic outline graphic of a car turned into a render of my van, then the option to setup Weconnect and access to the manuals all appeared, so I figured that meant delivery was imminent. Maybe coincidence, but seems to make sense.

Awesome! Thanks for the update !
I will keep an eye on it :)

I can’t see the MyVolkswagen app in the App Store.
It’s not WeConnect presumably, which is the first app that comes up in a search, which is asking me for a VIN.
Do you have a screenshot?75929DB6-A357-4343-B8BF-6CE8FB942C7B.png

Are you seeing something like this @stim
It’s the WeConnect app.

60C4C323-7096-4B54-8DE6-7E582FD0D812.png

Ah so it is WeConnect not MyVolkswagen (in the U.K.?). No I see this because I don’t have a VIN yet (Ocean SHOULD be delivered this month).
But @stim mentions his VIN appearing in the MyVolkswgen app during build...? View attachment 85164
You still not get your van yet Tim? I wouldn't be in a rush for MyVolkswagen or we connect it is pretty wee wee poor compared to other manufacturers and vw models.

This is what I get from MyVolkswagen it did work once or twice, I need to investigate further when I can be arsed.Image 03-10-2021 at 08.33.jpeg

You still not get your van yet Tim? I wouldn't be in a rush for MyVolkswagen or we connect it is pretty wee wee poor compared to other manufacturers and vw models.

This is what I get from MyVolkswagen it did work once or twice, I need to investigate further when I can be arsed.View attachment 85204
No van still Wogga - on Friday it’ll be 12 months since I ordered...
Thanks yes I heard the apps are lame, though I hear MY22 WeConnect is slightly better (eg can lock/unlock).
I thought it might be interesting to track my build as the VIN appears etc, but I can even see MyVolkswagen app in the App Store...

Back