Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

There's this German guy who presents his filled to the brink camper on you tube. While he's pulling out things from the cupboards that are fit together like 3d puzzles he's giving his partner (who's filming) heck for putting things away the wrong way. Meanwhile he's showing 3 coffee making solutions, 2 porta potties :shocked
We need a link to this dude XD

What month did you order?
Beginners question. I ordered 13/10/2021, all confirmed but nothing since from dealer (Eurovans Crawley) and frankly nothing expected yet. But for progress updates, do I have to wait for (or bother) the dealer, or can you track the situation independently online?

Beginners question. I ordered 13/10/2021, all confirmed but nothing since from dealer (Eurovans Crawley) and frankly nothing expected yet. But for progress updates, do I have to wait for (or bother) the dealer, or can you track the situation independently online?
I ordered via the same dealer back in July. I’ve not bothered chasing them until last week for an update on the price increases and if I have a build slot yet. I believe the dealer is the person to chase for updates these days although not sure you’ll here much yet. Good luck though.

I ordered via the same dealer back in July. I’ve not bothered chasing them until last week for an update on the price increases and if I have a build slot yet. I believe the dealer is the person to chase for updates these days although not sure you’ll here much yet. Good luck though.
Thanks, Nate. I was going to leave it for a while yet, but just wondered if there was an online tracker (though I doubted it).

Second beginners question: how long approximately is the window to change order (slightly)? My wife and I are still debating colour (currently Ascot Grey) and after reading lots of posts, not sure if I want the 'bulky' mattress topper at £300+. I don't think the sea to summit fitted once piece part inflatable dark blue mattress is available any more (can't find it anywhere other than in old posts), but I suspect that two sea to summit single inflatables will be a better bet for taking up less space.

Last edited:
Thanks, Nate. I was going to leave it for a while yet, but just wondered if there was an online tracker (thought I doubted it).

Second beginners question: how long approximately is the window to change order (slightly)? My wife and I are still debating colour (currently Ascot Grey) and after reading lots of posts, not sure if I want the 'bulky' mattress topper at £300+. I don't think the sea to summit fitted once piece part inflatable dark blue mattress is available any more (can't find it anywhere other than in old posts), but I suspect that two sea to summit single inflatables will be a better bet for taking up less space.
Probably others better qualified to answer but I think you have time now to make any changes you want. I believe just until it goes into build you are allowed to make changes. I was going to change my colour from Candy White to Ascot Grey but the dealer said if the order value decreased I’d have to go back and talk to DTD. I’ve also ordered the mattress topper and I really do t want to jinx anything by making changes now . I’m sure nothing would change but the world is pretty mad at the moment.

I think atm orders are taking about 10 months from order to delivery. I ordered from Eurovans Crawley and up until about 6 months after ordering I wouldn't bother the dealer. I understand once you have a confirmed build date you cannot change your order. I guess in your case you have until June to change your order. All my observations are just what other people have said. Make sure you get the VW order number from Eurovans, not the number on the original invoice.

Thanks, Nate. I was going to leave it for a while yet, but just wondered if there was an online tracker (thought I doubted it).

Two schools of thought:
Fill your garage with van related purchases in the run up to taking delivery, or
Take the van out a few times to see what you actually need

I lean towards the latter (although as lifelong tent campers we have plenty of lightweight, packable camping stuff), and of the people I know with Calis, not one has complained about the standard mattress.

At most it's going to be something to keep mud off the seats and floor (suspect throws and cheap washable mats), windscreen cover, bike rack, potty and the ubiquitous ridge monkey!

Thanks, Nate. I was going to leave it for a while yet, but just wondered if there was an online tracker (though I doubted it).

You can make some changes (not, I understand eg engine size though) until you have a provisional build week. If that provisional build week is withdrawn (I had 11 provisional build weeks!) you can make changes again until you have another provisional build week…
I’d stick with Ascot grey though it’s fantastic and gets compliments!

You can make some changes (not, I understand eg engine size though) until you have a provisional build week. If that provisional build week is withdrawn (I had 11 provisional build weeks!) you can make changes again until you have another provisional build week…
I’d stick with Ascot grey though it’s fantastic and gets compliments!
Thanks, Bob, Tim, Nate & F3.

Tim, you unwittingly added to my wife's concerns. We live on a popular sea front promenade locate, and as a retired Architect I have (I thought) done us proud with an eye-catching restored Edwardian house. We moved here after 20 years in an isolated rural spot. But the house is stared at and photographed more that my wife likes. We both love the Ascot grey but wonder if we might prefer the relatively boring reflex silver so as not to draw so much attention. We already ruled out the delightful retro look of the two tone Ascot grey and candy white, because that is yet more eye catching. Hey ho. I agree, the Ascot grey really suits the van, another site member had me over last week to see his in the real - until now I only had photos - and it is as you say a fantastic colour. It is a pity the sports package is so expensive as the black wheels add something too, from the photos I have seen:

Last edited:
Thanks, Bob, Tim, Nate & F3.

Tim, you unwittingly added to my wife's concerns. We live on a popular sea front promenade locate, and as a retired Architect I have (I thought) done us proud with an eye-catching restored Edwardian house. We moved here after 20 years in an isolated rural spot. But the house is stared at and photographed more that my wife likes. We both love the Ascot grey but wonder if we might prefer the relatively boring reflex silver so as not to draw so much attention. We already ruled out the delightful retro look of the two tone Ascot grey and candy white, because that is yet more eye catching. Hey ho. I agree, the Ascot grey really suits the van, another site member had me over last week to see his in the real - until now I only had photos - and it is as you say a fantastic colour. It is a pity the sports package is so expensive as the black wheels add something too, from the photos I have seen:

Yes I added the sports pack months after I ordered, foregoing the expensive two tone (or the metallic paint)and the Palmerston wheels (look great but a faff to clean and diamond cut exposed alloy), feeling the black wheels, mirrors, rear lights and underguard suited it better, and the laminated cab glass was worth having. With a 10% drive the deal discount I thought I might regret not spec’ing it more than I’d miss the £2300. Very pleased I did and don’t think I’ve any regrets now I’ve had seat covers fitted that I prefer to Art Velours (wished I had gone for them as soon as it was too late to add them), and they were a little bit cheaper, and I’ve got the standard cloth seats underneath when the covers are tired…

C334A192-4D66-40BE-9029-F1ACBA48262A.jpeg

F1F8A8AF-6565-468F-97AE-795671342E75.jpeg

726F39E1-C455-466B-8326-3AF2464CC926.jpeg

26F34009-CA61-43A5-8297-A544B2270B53.jpeg

07B1A473-E030-427B-BC3F-BF03E75524CA.jpeg

Last edited:
I think Ascot Grey is subtle enough.

I ordered with Eurovans Crawly through DTD in the second half of September. I've asked about the pricing increases, but havn't heard back yet. 10 months would obviously put me at July 2022, making me vulnerable to the 3% rise.

Yes I added the sports pack months after I ordered, foregoing the expensive two tone (or the metallic paint)and the Palmerston wheels (look great but a faff to clean and diamond cut exposed alloy), feeling the black wheels, mirrors, rear lights and underguard suited it better, and the laminated cab glass was worth having. With a 10% drive the deal discount I thought I might regret not spec’ing it more than I’d miss the £2300. Very pleased I did and don’t think I’ve any regrets now I’ve had seat covers fitted that I prefer to Art Velours (wished I had gone for them as soon as it was too late to add them), and they were a little bit cheaper, and I’ve got the standard cloth seats underneath when the covers are tired…

View attachment 87213
Which seat covers are they Tim? - they look really nice.

My experience is that if you’re in the UK the MyVW app doesn’t work on commercial vehicles, but in mainland Europe it does. I’ve just kept in contact with the dealer every few months. That said, I’m itching to know if our van is progressing it’s build in the factory!

I sympathise. We ordered in Mar 21 (Poole Van Centre) and as we are working in the Falkland Islands we have relied on emails. Getting a response from Poole has been like drawing hen's teeth. The only information we have had to date is a Dec build month and then back to the black hole. As we return to the UK in Feb 22 we are desperate for some information in order to make plans. I understand that once a chassis number is allocated progress can be tracked. VW are really missing out on significant customer buy in which will be difficult to redeem. The only other source of information I have come across is California Chris from the Liverpool Van Centre. Does any know of any other source of reliable delivery information?

I sympathise. We ordered in Mar 21 (Poole Van Centre) and as we are working in the Falkland Islands we have relied on emails. Getting a response from Poole has been like drawing hen's teeth. The only information we have had to date is a Dec build month and then back to the black hole. As we return to the UK in Feb 22 we are desperate for some information in order to make plans. I understand that once a chassis number is allocated progress can be tracked. VW are really missing out on significant customer buy in which will be difficult to redeem. The only other source of information I have come across is California Chris from the Liverpool Van Centre. Does any know of any other source of reliable delivery information?
Not so far. I have tried VWChat for commercial vehicles, and go this reply …

“I am sorry to say that we are no longer able to provide order updates. Going forward, we would require you to speak with your selling Van Centre for updates and they will be able to assist further.”

Which seat covers are they Tim? - they look really nice.
Thanks - we're very happy with them. We went for Seatskinz supplied by Individual Auto Design who also supply this forums shop. If you like the shop colours you can get a discount of course, but we went for the 'Exclusive Custom' option direct.
https://individualautodesign.co.uk/
The Sterling colour 'leather look' outer matches the Ascot grey paint, and the Nimbus colour 'alcantara' seats match the Ocean interior.

Apr 21 here, ordered in Spain. Supplying dealer said he would be in touch if there was any news - which there hasn't. Other than to advise the original estimate of Oct-Nov wasn't going to happen, and to expect it on 24th Feb (love the optimistically specific delivery day!).

TBH I'm not in a massive rush - before Easter (Mid Apr) would be good though.

Apr 21 here, ordered in Spain. Supplying dealer said he would be in touch if there was any news - which there hasn't. Other than to advise the original estimate of Oct-Nov wasn't going to happen, and to expect it on 24th Feb (love the optimistically specific delivery day!).

TBH I'm not in a massive rush - before Easter (Mid Apr) would be good though.
Hi Bob,
I'd say you could be sooner. My dealer contacted me today to say our van is in production and can expect it early January. Ordered last week of March 21. Original build week given was week 3 2022.

Hi Bob,
I'd say you could be sooner. My dealer contacted me today to say our van is in production and can expect it early January. Ordered last week of March 21. Original build week given was week 3 2022.
You could be right, should really have a chat with them as I need to sell my current van and rent a parking space (not keeping this in the street!)

Reactions: Doz
It happened :D I was able to take my bus home yesterday :bananadance2
Now comes the busy time to buy buy buy all the accessories I've been stressing about all year . The economy will be humming :GrinView attachment 87144View attachment 87145
It is so beautiful; I've been ordering stuff since September 2020... I already have a lot of them; just no new cali yet.

@calibusje wondering what kind of stuff you've already bought for your new cali
well, as far as I remember (everything is in the attic because I've been ordering for such a long time):
BigTed stuff like the hooks for hanging up Ikea shelves above the kitchen unit;
plastic drainer to place over the gas fires. It is also -inverted- a tray.
Inner insulation for the pop top drom Thais sl (cheaper than brandrup);
Bags (3): specially shaped for the high wardrobe (albeit incredibly inconvenient to get in and out of the closet because of the back of the bench so bought wrong but we now use them to place in the back Spaces behind the bench;
Front and middle mats (no, we did not opt for the expensive yacht motif floor);
Base (also Thaisl sl) for porta potti with cover that converts the toilet into a footstool;
Cover (hat) to cover the open poptop;
And then some small things such as stretchers to be able to hook something behind them from the hollow at the bottom of the rear of the front seat bases.
There must be something else that I can't think of at the moment because I've been busy ordening since after the ordering of our coast… now for a year and a half… and still no idea of delivery. What can you do about it, luckily we still have our T4 westfalia.

Prffff we got update from our dealer. We do have a VIN BUT he says from factory they notified that the build got delayed until January and therefore no deliver until April according to him. So more wait.. we have a VIN but seems that build isnt moving?
sometimes I wonder if I really want the f***ing car

Back