Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Iv had an update sent to me today, It was build week 6, but now been quoted build week 13.

Iv had an update sent to me today, It was build week 6, but now been quoted build week 13.
That’s a shame. There seemed to be a lot of build dates being brought forward recently and now going in the other direction. I wonder if that was a ploy by VW with their imposed price guarantee cut-off date to give us hope we’d make the cut…

That’s a shame. There seemed to be a lot of build dates being brought forward recently and now going in the other direction. I wonder if that was a ploy by VW with their imposed price guarantee cut-off date to give us hope we’d make the cut…
Who knows, my dealer seemed to be assured by VW the vehicle will arrive before the increase. I hope they don’t start moving the goal posts. I’m not sure when the cut of would have been to get one before the increase. I ordered in June

Who knows, my dealer seemed to be assured by VW the vehicle will arrive before the increase. I hope they don’t start moving the goal posts. I’m not sure when the cut of would have been to get one before the increase. I ordered in June
I think it was for those ordered around the end of November. Delivery/registration has to be by end of June 22. You should be fine. I doubt I‘ll make it.

Received the dreaded email from my VW dealer today. "Unfortunately...some vehicles currently on order will be impacted by a price increase, however at this time we are not able to confirm the final price of the vehicle" etc., etc. Ocean ordered 23rd April 2021. Possible build date in January 2022. Pretty disgraceful behaviour all round in my view, especially as the margins on Calis must be enormous.

Received the dreaded email from my VW dealer today. "Unfortunately...some vehicles currently on order will be impacted by a price increase, however at this time we are not able to confirm the final price of the vehicle" etc., etc. Ocean ordered 23rd April 2021. Possible build date in January 2022. Pretty disgraceful behaviour all round in my view, especially as the margins on Calis must be enormous.
Surly having a build date in January you will be well clear of the increase.

Build date of Jan 22 you should be well within

Its more than i've had ....received an email from the dealer on 2nd November saying my order has a estimated build month of January not had anything since.
Ordered on the 31st March.

Prffff we got update from our dealer. We do have a VIN BUT he says from factory they notified that the build got delayed until January and therefore no deliver until April according to him. So more wait.. we have a VIN but seems that build isnt moving?
sometimes I wonder if I really want the f***ing car
I feel your frustration, and there's never any reason or information given.
What impact will Omicron have on factory output? I can see my predicted delivery of February getting put back too.

well, as far as I remember (everything is in the attic because I've been ordering for such a long time):
BigTed stuff like the hooks for hanging up Ikea shelves above the kitchen unit;
plastic drainer to place over the gas fires. It is also -inverted- a tray.
Inner insulation for the pop top drom Thais sl (cheaper than brandrup);
Bags (3): specially shaped for the high wardrobe (albeit incredibly inconvenient to get in and out of the closet because of the back of the bench so bought wrong but we now use them to place in the back Spaces behind the bench;
Front and middle mats (no, we did not opt for the expensive yacht motif floor);
Base (also Thaisl sl) for porta potti with cover that converts the toilet into a footstool;
Cover (hat) to cover the open poptop;
And then some small things such as stretchers to be able to hook something behind them from the hollow at the bottom of the rear of the front seat bases.
There must be something else that I can't think of at the moment because I've been busy ordening since after the ordering of our coast… now for a year and a half… and still no idea of delivery. What can you do about it, luckily we still have our T4 westfalia.
Just had a look at Thais, never heard of them and yes they seem cheaper for window/pop top covers, plus no international shipping (for me) which is handy. Cheers for the info!

Prffff we got update from our dealer. We do have a VIN BUT he says from factory they notified that the build got delayed until January and therefore no deliver until April according to him. So more wait.. we have a VIN but seems that build isnt moving?
I got the VIN 2 weeks ago also. I wonder is it a case of the Coasts being knocked out quicker than the Oceans again.

I got the VIN 2 weeks ago also. I wonder is it a case of the Coasts being knocked out quicker than the Oceans again.
Don't think its a Coast vs Ocean thing. My Coast delivery date has been extended twice now. from Sept to Nov/Dec, and now March '22.

Ouch! I had thought the VIN was established as the vehicle started its production. That’s quite a worry really, and it’s got to be component availability - why else delay a build? I’m going to be checking the status of our Ocean build with the UK dealer next week. It was supposed to start 22 Nov., and finished build 3 weeks after, so the end of next week. If I get any update I’ll post it. In the meantime, and as many past contributors to this thread have commented, it will be worth the wait in the end!!

Following the factory write-off of my week 37 build, we eventually got an indication of a week 47 rebuild. Didn't quite believe it until the mail today that it has left the factory and is en-route to Emden. I don't want to get too excited this time, cos there's still potential for disasters, but am now hopeful that it might get to me before the anniverary of the order (3 Feb).

That's unfortunate news. I wonder if they're now churning out more base vehicles than they have capacity to finish them as a camper. If it makes you feel any better (which I doubt) mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's sitting on the drive covered in 10 cm of snow and it's predicted that it will continue for another 10-15 cms.
Why have I never read anything in the forums about how awkward it is get snow off the roof o_O

IMG_9203X.jpeg

Last edited:
That's unfortunate news. I wonder if they're now churning out more base vehicles than they have capacity to finish them as a camper. If it makes you feel any better (which I doubt) mine isn't going anywhere anytime soon. It's sitting on the drive covered in 10 cm of snow and it's predicted that it will continue for another 10-15 cms.
Why have I never read anything in the forums about how awkward it is get snow off the roof o_O

View attachment 87328
Post this on pics section as it’s great :thumb

View attachment 87328
I

View attachment 87328
Pluc99, I would be interested to see the same view with the California untouched - but after the parking heater has been run remotely for 1 hour.

Just run the parking heater for 20mins & pop the roof up & back down, should all slide off. You are then left of course with a huge pile of snow just where you need to drive.

Just run the parking heater for 20mins & pop the roof up & back down, should all slide off. You are then left of course with a huge pile of snow just where you need to drive.
I left the heater for 20 minutes but then chickened out with raising the roof because it had started to rain into the snow and I was afraid of the weight. I used a soft broom to get as much as I could off before raising the roof for the rest.

I think if I had just raised the roof the whole pile would have slid off in one avalanche. My way there was a bit of snow that fell into the frame preventing the roof from closing on the first go. I had to reopen and use a brush to clean it out.

Not sure about the heater making a difference because the snow slid off the other car just as easily.

Has anyone had the £500 accessory offer/apology letter recently? How long before the build did you receive it? Yesterday we were given a confirmed build week 2, so getting close now {ordered mid April}, but no £500 letter yet.

Also, where do you get your commission number from for logging in MyVolkswagen?

Thanks,

Back