Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

According to the Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung the production of the VW t 6.1 will have to be stopped temporarily because of a supply chain issues caused by the war in the Ukraine >
This is definitely happening: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...re-disruption-on-parts-shortages-from-ukraine

“VW will idle some production lines in Wolfsburg, Germany -- the world’s largest car plant -- next week before a broader shutdown the following week, the company said Tuesday.”

“Other sites to be affected include Emden and Hanover, where VW makes commercial vehicles, as well as component factories. There may be further cuts to production, the company said.”

Might as well give up hope we’ll have our camper for the summer holidays to France :(

I wonder if VW would consider despatching our vehicles as they are, part finished, so we can sit and look them on our drives. Then when the parts become available, send bits out in weekly instalments for us to fit at home. Like the build a battleship magazines only cheaper !article-2032115-0DA51ABE00000578-746_468x413.jpeg

That’s promising. Any show stoppers such as a towbar/tow bar prep on your specification sheet ?
Phil
Towbar prep........however, after waiting this long another small delay won't bother me....

Still waiting on our 4WD Ocean ordered in June. Was planning to then take my time considering upgrading wheels to the all in Goodrich swamper style like your great looking Cali. Lots of info on here about impact on ride quality, fuel consumption etc. Looks like you have gone straight in and changed the wheelset. Was this an easy decision , any pros and cons ? Welcome your views ?
Hi Dysie!
The only drawback is its losing 3-4 mpg but i love them so much, a softer ride seems to me also, drove in very thin snow/ice a week or two ago and they were superb and felt really safe, i braked hard on a country lane with nothing near me to text and they were awesome , but i got them mainly for two reasons, one for the look, but an equal reason is i travel to france a lot and i am not able to have a spare wheel as im 4 motion with large tyres and there is no room, so i figured with much thicker tyres i have less chance of gaining a puncture. overall im really really happy with them ;)

This is definitely happening: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...re-disruption-on-parts-shortages-from-ukraine

“VW will idle some production lines in Wolfsburg, Germany -- the world’s largest car plant -- next week before a broader shutdown the following week, the company said Tuesday.”

“Other sites to be affected include Emden and Hanover, where VW makes commercial vehicles, as well as component factories. There may be further cuts to production, the company said.”

Might as well give up hope we’ll have our camper for the summer holidays to France :(
"VW’s Russia unit said it had suspended deliveries of vehicles to dealers until further notice"

May be some Calis are re-routed to Europe... if they sell Californias in Russia at all

So order placed in May 2021...Coast with a few extras including LED headlights but no tow bar. No contact or update until January. Build in early February and now arranged collection on 10th March. Been a long wait but now seems really worth that wait.

View attachment 90093Ladies and gentlemen, I am delighted to introduce you all to "Seymour the Coast". Ordered 19th July 2021 and we pick it up this Saturday. For those of you still in the queue, keep the faith.
Looks great ! Bet you are counting down the days . My coast had a confirmed build week 10 (this week) but has now been moved to an unconfirmed build sometime in May. Due to availability of parts or lack of

View attachment 90093Ladies and gentlemen, I am delighted to introduce you all to "Seymour the Coast". Ordered 19th July 2021 and we pick it up this Saturday. For those of you still in the queue, keep the faith.
Does your coast have a manual or electric door? Also do you have park assist? Just asking as I understand that these are causing a delay for us due to a lack of parts.

Does your coast have a manual or electric door? Also do you have park assist? Just asking as I understand that these are causing a delay for us due to a lack of parts.
Manual door and no part assist , but a rear camera.

So order placed in May 2021...Coast with a few extras including LED headlights but no tow bar. No contact or update until January. Build in early February and now arranged collection on 10th March. Been a long wait but now seems really worth that wait.
Very happy for you. It’s always worth the wait although this does not alter the fact that it takes an absurdly long time and there is no communication; we're just like fools to them. It has long been clear that one rather small workshop to assemble the California is grossly short of the huge demand. It's been years that the California is actually the best-selling camper of all. They could already have done something about it, but then the waiting times were not even half a year. Pandemic or not, it was coming.
My idea about it.

That is a very nice coast, indeed. I keep the faith, eventually our ascot grey coast will arrive and at a much lower price than how much they cost when you could order them until a few months ago, but also cheaper than a second-hand one that is several years old. So I keep waiting and meanwhile we travel with our old T4 westfalia california.
5489F391-41C6-410E-9F6D-ED6CEA55E36B.jpeg

Ours is manual door, no park assist. Extras were rear camera, heated seats, tow bar prep, extra sliding window, privacy glass and panoramic roof bellows.

Hi Dysie!
The only drawback is its losing 3-4 mpg but i love them so much, a softer ride seems to me also, drove in very thin snow/ice a week or two ago and they were superb and felt really safe, i braked hard on a country lane with nothing near me to text and they were awesome , but i got them mainly for two reasons, one for the look, but an equal reason is i travel to france a lot and i am not able to have a spare wheel as im 4 motion with large tyres and there is no room, so i figured with much thicker tyres i have less chance of gaining a puncture. overall im really really happy with them ;)
You can fit a spare under van still on a 4motion, I’ve got BFG 225/60/17 have to let about 5psi out for it to fit in cradle. Or are your Oz wheels 18”?

Ordered our Coast in November, apparently due to shortages Coasts are being pushed through earlier as they’re soon to be discontinued so it makes sense to use whatever parts are left to get them off their system. This is presumably so that they can focus on current and new models. Ours is currently set to be built in a few weeks according to VW, the issue is with the wiring harnesses. I’m not getting too excited about it, it’s so sad what is happening over in Ukraine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our new T6.1 cali was due in April and has now been pushed back to October, thankfully I still have my existing one but if this was my first camper I would be pretty peed off

Our new T6.1 cali was due in April and has now been pushed back to October, thankfully I still have my existing one but if this was my first camper I would be pretty peed off
Confirmed build in April? That's a horrible bump back to October

Have they said why it’s been pushed back that far?

When did you order?

Have they said why it’s been pushed back that far?

When did you order?
According to some reports VW, Audi and Porsche have stopped all vehicle production as some parts come from Russian held Ukraine and those plants have stopped all shipments. Not sure what is true and what is false - fog of war!

Back