Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Yes I was told the same. Just hoping mines not affected!

I ordered mine at the start of Sep 2021 and been told mine is currently showing week 27. Do you know if they’ve reducing the cost if we did choose to remove this side assist ?

Annoying how we get some good news followed by bad news
We are well 28 I think so right behind you. They didn't mention anything about a cost reduction. Personally I wouldn't be without the side assist for safety reasons. Fingers crossed it is later orders than ours. I hope we don't get leapfrogged.

Interesting to hear that and thanks for sharing. I will just keep asking for updates! Poor customer experience given the value of the product .
In all honesty, I had an awful customer experience at Listers Droitwich. Like night and day to Mike Harbison at Eurovans Crawley.

New delays for some builds related to side assist, dealers are waiting for a list. Impacted buyers may have the option to remove... The delay is 12 weeks potentially, but no everyone affected. I've done a video on it
Lots of maybes, mights and potentials in here. I have the same info on the price protection, posted here and then kindly cut and pasted from my update by someone into Facebook, but I’m parking the rest of this response into the dealer rumours and excuses corner until something tangible and factual comes through. Sits along with with slow harnesses, phantom shutdowns and missing chips for me. All bandied around here as fact, but mostly rumours and second hand “I heards”. This trading of info as fact has almost become the new forum and FB black market currency of choice. Understandable, given the circumstances and our need for an explanation when there is a lack of timely updates from VW themselves.

Last edited:
We are well 28 I think so right behind you. They didn't mention anything about a cost reduction. Personally I wouldn't be without the side assist for safety reasons. Fingers crossed it is later orders than ours. I hope we don't get leapfrogged.
Fingers crossed for us both!

In all honesty, I had an awful customer experience at Listers Droitwich. Like night and day to Mike Harbison at Eurovans Crawley.
I’ve also had an awful customer experience with Droitwich and will rather travel miles than deal with them again!

We’ve been told our van is built (by email). We’re very excited! How long does it then normally take for shipping/checks before pick up. Dilemma of working out timing as we have another van to sell and a camping holiday booked with friends for UK half term…

Fingers crossed for us both!

I’ve also had an awful customer experience with Droitwich and will rather travel miles than deal with them again!
The whole experience was catastrophic. I actually told Karen at Autoebid that in all my years, it had been my worst customer service experience by a country mile. I felt completely anonymous throughout most of it. Having placed a new order through DtD with VW Eurovans Crawley (vehemently declined placing a new order through Autoebid with Listers Droitwich after they wrote my Ocean off on a low bridge in the process of delivery)I can honestly say it couldn't have been more different. Mike Harbison was knowledgeable, answered my emails promptly, remembered what I'd requested months previously... and my van turned up 8 months after ordering. Picked it up 3 days after it arrived at the dealership. At Listers I waited two weeks before they even did the PDI inspection.... which it failed!?!?! I was told the tailgate didn't fit properly!??!! the mind boggles. Waited 6 weeks after in arrived to have remedial work done on the van, having to revise campsite booking and travel plans. Finally written off mid June 2021 after 2 previous short notice aborted delivery promises. Then came the struggle to get my almost £20,000 deposit back.......

We’ve been told our van is built (by email). We’re very excited! How long does it then normally take for shipping/checks before pick up. Dilemma of working out timing as we have another van to sell and a camping holiday booked with friends for UK half term…
Same here!
Ours is built, and expected here around the end of May, although that is shipping to Spain. Reluctant to sell the current van yet as we definitely want to be away for school hols which start in late June here.

Blimey, our deposit at Liverpool was £500.
haha. No. sorry not the original initial deposit required for the order (£1000). I'd opted for the PCP finance to get the finance contribution and service deal. So my total advance contribution of nearly £20,000 for the Ocean had been transferred as I was about to receive the van. The plan was to exercise my right to withdraw within 14 days but keep all the benefits. Did the same with the subsequent Beach order with Eurovans, thereby keeping the free service plan.

It seems to be quite variable, depends on volumes being shipped, availability of space on the vessel to the selected UK importation port, and then the internal UK road distribution. Once ours was built it sat in Germany for 5 weeks waiting shipping, and then a few days at Port of Tyne, before being delivered to the dealer, who took a couple of days to check and do what they needed. Talking to the dealers, the timing can be a bit random, with some vans turning up which they didn’t expect to see for weeks.

The whole experience was catastrophic. I actually told Karen at Autoebid that in all my years, it had been my worst customer service experience by a country mile. I felt completely anonymous throughout most of it. Having placed a new order through DtD with VW Eurovans Crawley (vehemently declined placing a new order through Autoebid with Listers Droitwich after they wrote my Ocean off on a low bridge in the process of delivery)I can honestly say it couldn't have been more different. Mike Harbison was knowledgeable, answered my emails promptly, remembered what I'd requested months previously... and my van turned up 8 months after ordering. Picked it up 3 days after it arrived at the dealership. At Listers I waited two weeks before they even did the PDI inspection.... which it failed!?!?! I was told the tailgate didn't fit properly!??!! the mind boggles. Waited 6 weeks after in arrived to have remedial work done on the van, having to revise campsite booking and travel plans. Finally written off mid June 2021 after 2 previous short notice aborted delivery promises. Then came the struggle to get my almost £20,000 deposit back.......

Why would you put deposit of nearly £20,000 down??

Was explained above. You pay normal deposit which is £500 or £1000 when you order depends on dealer. This was deposit you pay when you take PCP. That make your monthly payments smaller. Biger deposit smaller payments. I think.

:upsidedown:cool::thumb That’s amazing! I hope it means my Irish Ocean from April 2021 that’s been “in production” for a month is also not far from shipping.
One would have thought your van would have been built 2 months before mine

I know you've had an explanation but just wanted to mention to other forum members just in case it wasn't common knowledge, that in order to exercise the right to withdraw from the agreement within the 14 days, the credit you have taken out has to be equal to or less than £60,260. So if you only put down a small (in total) deposit contribution, according to the VW PCP T&C's, you could find that you cannot withdraw and would be liable to the cost of credit.

Last edited:
One would have thought your van would have been built 2 months before mine
The order in which they build the vans seems to follow an inscrutable logic. I’m just hoping that mine doesn’t get stuck in limbo in a corner of the factory for months as some have in the past. We have our ferry to France booked for end of June.

The order in which they build the vans seems to follow an inscrutable logic. I’m just hoping that mine doesn’t get stuck in limbo in a corner of the factory for months as some have in the past. We have our ferry to France booked for end of June.
Oh I hope not. Fingers crossed for you. Might chat with you later about your planned trip to France. I'm half thinking about a 2 week trip in August.

Great news. Won't be long now.
Our van has left the factory and is at port. There is a ship leaving May 3rd and if it make that it will be at our dealers in 6 days if not the next ship leaves May 11th.
Out of interest was it ordered from FK dealer in Dublin? What was your build week? Have a Beach on order build week 15 was told went into production one week ago. Just trying to guesstimate delivery for our van!

Out of interest was it ordered from FK dealer in Dublin? What was your build week? Have a Beach on order build week 15 was told went into production one week ago. Just trying to guesstimate delivery for our van!
Yes ordered through FK Dublin.
We had several build weeks over the last few months.
About 6 weeks ago I was told we could have our ocean In July then a few weeks later we where informed that it was in production and last week we where told it was built and that we should now have it in May.

Yes ordered through FK Dublin.
We had several build weeks over the last few months.
About 6 weeks ago I was told we could have our ocean In July then a few weeks later we where informed that it was in production and last week we where told it was built and that we should now have it in May.
OK thats good to know. Was interested hearing the dates you were told the boat was going, fingers crossed our van gets on one soon!

Oh I hope not. Fingers crossed for you. Might chat with you later about your planned trip to France. I'm half thinking about a 2 week trip in August.
Happy to. I'm French and both I and my wife are lucky to work remotely. So we typically spend most of the summer in France staying with family so that the kids improve their French. We've never done it with a camper van so we'll very much learn as we go here.

One important tip: if you want to go to France with your car/camper, you need to book your Ferry a good 6 months in advance if you want to have a hope of having a cabin to sleep in overnight. Otherwise, you'll be stuck sleeping on chairs. Did the chair thing a couple of times but even in my late 20's it was tough.

Iv noticed VW have put there prices up on the configurator. Large amounts of money each time the price increases. I hope we don’t get caught. Fingers crossed for everyone that’s been waiting along time.

There is a similar thread to this on the T6 forum and some people are being asked to pay more but it seems quite variable about how and when price increases are applied.

Back