Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Happy to. I'm French and both I and my wife are lucky to work remotely. So we typically spend most of the summer in France staying with family so that the kids improve their French. We've never done it with a camper van so we'll very much learn as we go here.

One important tip: if you want to go to France with your car/camper, you need to book your Ferry a good 6 months in advance if you want to have a hope of having a cabin to sleep in overnight. Otherwise, you'll be stuck sleeping on chairs. Did the chair thing a couple of times but even in my late 20's it was tough.
Are you going from rosslaire or Dublin?
We have nothing booked and don't really want to try sleeping on chairs

Are you going from rosslaire or Dublin?
We have nothing booked and don't really want to try sleeping on chairs
Irish Ferries from Dublin. It’s usually a bit more expensive than Stena Line from Rosslare. But, for us, the convenience of having the ferry port on our door step (almost - we’re 15 mins away) makes it worth it. The ferry is nicer too.

Check your dates on https://www.irishferries.com/ie-en/Travel-to-France/ and https://www.stenaline.ie/ferries-to-france and see what’s available.

The whole experience was catastrophic. I actually told Karen at Autoebid that in all my years, it had been my worst customer service experience by a country mile. I felt completely anonymous throughout most of it. Having placed a new order through DtD with VW Eurovans Crawley (vehemently declined placing a new order through Autoebid with Listers Droitwich after they wrote my Ocean off on a low bridge in the process of delivery)I can honestly say it couldn't have been more different. Mike Harbison was knowledgeable, answered my emails promptly, remembered what I'd requested months previously... and my van turned up 8 months after ordering. Picked it up 3 days after it arrived at the dealership. At Listers I waited two weeks before they even did the PDI inspection.... which it failed!?!?! I was told the tailgate didn't fit properly!??!! the mind boggles. Waited 6 weeks after in arrived to have remedial work done on the van, having to revise campsite booking and travel plans. Finally written off mid June 2021 after 2 previous short notice aborted delivery promises. Then came the struggle to get my almost £20,000 deposit back.......
That sounds horrific ! I don’t think it could of gone any worse for you and fills
Me with dread I’m going to contact Karen tomorrow and ask for another update. Out of interest they didn’t ask for the full balance before delivery ? Is it normal to pay the balance once the vehicle has arrived and not before ?

What was your customer experience like with the dealer ? Did they have it for weeks before you got it ? Thanks
Same as everyone else with the information vacuum up to notification of van being shipped but prior to that I did get emails and calls from Karen at Autoebid just to say there's no news. Took about 4 or 5 weeks for van to arrive with Listers after notification of shipping and then 2 weeks to pickup (including Easter weekend). Might have been able to collect sooner but I didn't push because I couldn't get there any quicker anyway. Dealt with Nick and handover was all straightforward and friendly, including pickup from train station. No issues to report with the van, other than a slightly reluctant to close driver door, which I've adjusted myself and I've not got a remote for the auxiliary heater. I've pinged Nick an email and hopefully it's just a case of him sending one in the post. That's something that both myself and the dealer should have picked up on but these things happen. I don't know if the remote has been misplaced at Listers or if it hasn't made it from Germany.

Question for anyone paying for the vehicle for remote orders . Did you pay the balance before delivery or transfer once in your possession ?

That sounds horrific ! I don’t think it could of gone any worse for you and fills
Me with dread I’m going to contact Karen tomorrow and ask for another update. Out of interest they didn’t ask for the full balance before delivery ? Is it normal to pay the balance once the vehicle has arrived and not before ?
I can't imagine that anything like that could happen to another customer again!! Back then, I asked for the van to be delivered on a low loader from Droitwich to London as I didn't want to have to trek up to the midlands mid COVID. It's usual to pay the balance and sign the paperwork once the van has arrived at the dealership and collection has been arranged. I had a series of aborted deliveries, so had paid the balance and signed the paperwork way in advance. With Eurovans recently, the van arrived on the Monday. I signed the e-documents and carried out the remote electronic ID verification on the Tuesday and collected the van on the Thursday. With Listers it was all a bit puzzlingly amateurish. The paperwork was badly photocopied and emailed to me. I had to print them out, sign them, create pdf's and email them back. I was also required to post back the paper documents. Listers also required that I post my actual driving license to them to confirm identification!?!?!? It came back in a scruffy envelope. What a contrast between the two dealerships. I too was constantly in contact with Karen as I was getting so little information from Listers and was never quite sure if I was dealing with someone who knew what they were doing or really cared. I appreciate it's business done through their fleet services but still felt more of a nuisance than a valued customer.

I can't imagine that anything like that could happen to another customer again!! Back then, I asked for the van to be delivered on a low loader from Droitwich to London as I didn't want to have to trek up to the midlands mid COVID. It's usual to pay the balance and sign the paperwork once the van has arrived at the dealership and collection has been arranged. I had a series of aborted deliveries, so had paid the balance and signed the paperwork way in advance. With Eurovans recently, the van arrived on the Monday. I signed the e-documents and carried out the remote electronic ID verification on the Tuesday and collected the van on the Thursday. With Listers it was all a bit puzzlingly amateurish. The paperwork was badly photocopied and emailed to me. I had to print them out, sign them, create pdf's and email them back. I was also required to post back the paper documents. Listers also required that I post my actual driving license to them to confirm identification!?!?!? It came back in a scruffy envelope. What a contrast between the two dealerships. I too was constantly in contact with Karen as I was getting so little information from Listers and was never quite sure if I was dealing with someone who knew what they were doing or really cared. I appreciate it's business done through their fleet services but still felt more of a nuisance than a valued customer.
I don’t think it’s changed much. Apart from the initial email contact dealer has ignored every one of my emails and that’s only 3 . Once to ask for confirmation of deposit , once to confirm correct address and again re address but radio silence . Not one reply. I also thought to be requesting delivery as it’s a long trek there But going on the train to collect may be a better option …

I don’t think it’s changed much. Apart from the initial email contact dealer has ignored every one of my emails and that’s only 3 . Once to ask for confirmation of deposit , once to confirm correct address and again re address but radio silence . Not one reply. I also thought to be requesting delivery as it’s a long trek there But going on the train to collect may be a better option …
That's so disappointing but I had the very same experience. Best to collect as you say.... if not just to check that the drivers door closes properly and you are given a remote for the auxiliary heater.....

That's so disappointing but I had the very same experience. Best to collect as you say.... if not just to check that the drivers door closes properly and you are given a remote for the auxiliary heater.....
Like you my driver's door doesn't close unless slammed. What did you do to fix it

Like you my driver's door doesn't close unless slammed. What did you do to fix it
Oh sorry, I was referring to Stoo24’s van which was collected from Listers Droitwich recently.(#5306) They mentioned that once back home, they realised the auxiliary heater remote was missing and the drivers door didn’t close properly but he/she fixed it themselves. Should ask Stoo24 how they did it.

I just moved the catch/bracket on the van out a tiny amount. It’s the metal loop that the door latch grips onto. You need a spline key to loosen the two bolts.

No issues to report with the van, other than a slightly reluctant to close driver door, which I've adjusted myself and I've not got a remote for the auxiliary heater. I've pinged Nick an email and hopefully it's just a case of him sending one in the post. That's something that both myself and the dealer should have picked up on but these things happen. I don't know if the remote has been misplaced at Listers or if it hasn't made it from Germany.
Has anyone seen a collection checklist of things to look out for when collecting a van? I didn’t realise there was a remote for the heater, so wouldn’t have picked up on it missing.

Has anyone seen a collection checklist of things to look out for when collecting a van? I didn’t realise there was a remote for the heater, so wouldn’t have picked up on it missing.

Having been previously told by my dealer that they were awaiting the end of April for the new VW list to be shuffled about like a deck of random model cards todays phone call from them gave us a 20 - 20 - we are a status 20 for a week 20 build. Status 20, AFAIK and if it's the same as production ordering systems I used to manage, means that all the parts have been ordered and are in the upcoming production pipeline.

One assumes that this month will start the slow move from Coast builds and deliveries to finally picking up the Ocean builds and hopefully this week will be good news for a lot of us.

My theory for a while now, again, having worked in this area, is they just simplified the production line and process by getting all Coasts out first before starting Oceans. Allows them to deal with staff shortages, parts shortages etc much easier. We did much the same when we launched a new car and one of the models proved much more popular than the others - we just built that model for 3 months straight.

For info our order is a fully loaded 2 tone Ocean with everything on bar 4Motion and an electric door. Which means wood floors, shower, upgraded nav, all the safety toys etc. It also ratifies my reply to the latest rumour video on side detection delays etc that it was just another bag of twaddle.

We ordered and had a confirmed order date on the 23rd July 21, so, all things considered, should get our Ocean around the same date 22, if not a tad earlier with the delivery gods aligned.

Last edited:
Just spoken to Liverpool Van Centre who have given me Status 10 Build Week 29 - w/c18th July....just needs to hit Status 20 to confirm......

Having been previously told by my dealer that they were awaiting the end of April for the new VW list to be shuffled about like a deck of random model cards todays phone call from them gave us a 20 - 20 - we are a status 20 for a week 20 build. Status 20, AFAIK and if it's the same as production ordering systems I used to manage, means that all the parts have been ordered and are in the upcoming production pipeline.

One assumes that this month will start the slow move from Coast builds and deliveries to finally picking up the Ocean builds and hopefully this week will be good news for a lot of us.

My theory for a while now, again, having worked in this area, is they just simplified the production line and process by getting all Coasts out first before starting Oceans. Allows them to deal with staff shortages, parts shortages etc much easier. We did much the same when we launched a new car and one of the models proved much more popular than the others - we just built that model for 3 months straight.

For info our order is a fully loaded 2 tone Ocean with everything on bar 4Motion and an electric door. Which means wood floors, shower, upgraded nav, all the safety toys etc. It also ratifies my reply to the latest rumour video on side detection delays etc that it was just another bag of twaddle.

We ordered and had a confirmed order date on the 23rd July 21, so, all things considered, should get our Ocean around the same date 22, if not a tad earlier with the delivery gods aligned.
Great news. What dealer did you order with? Thanks for update.

Great news. What dealer did you order with? Thanks for update.
I used DTD who passed my order to Eurovans who I have dealt with from that point. TBF, given the circumstances, they have been great, esp David Marney who is my salesman. I tend to only ask on a monthly basis and keep in mind they know as little as us, if not less, and are just trying to do their jobs while dealing with what must be hundreds of delivery update requests a week and irate customers who blame them for the situation.

Last edited:
I just got a reply from Liverpool on our order, placed 30th June 2021. Seems its due to start build 18th May so could be here by end of June 22....ish...;-)
Strange. I got a reply from Liverpool just last week advising that our Ocean ordered 21 June '21 is provisionally due to start build 6 June ! Still at status 10, and that nothing can be relied upon until it moves to status 20.
Again, no apparent logic to the build order - certainly not 'first come, first served'.
But good luck withyour build/delivery dates - I hope it all works out !

Latest update from dealer today: body is built and the van is in the paint shop. It’s moving!
New update this morning: the van is painted and assembly has started. It's all moving along nicely. The dealer also confirmed that the van would have the wheels mounted by now. It has wheels!

image007.png

Back