Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi, your dealer provides you with progress information every step of the production, perfect service, right?
Yup. Which to be honest doesn't seem like hard work. Taking and emailing a screenshot once every few days during the build period isn't exactly difficult or time consuming. You'd expect as much when you've spent close to €100k on a van (and when the dealer didn't have to do any work to secure that sale since I went to him with the exact specs I wanted and all he had to do was answer a few emails).

But looking at messages here from people who struggle to get any updates at all from their dealers, I guess that I got lucky with mine.

Same as everyone else with the information vacuum up to notification of van being shipped but prior to that I did get emails and calls from Karen at Autoebid just to say there's no news. Took about 4 or 5 weeks for van to arrive with Listers after notification of shipping and then 2 weeks to pickup (including Easter weekend). Might have been able to collect sooner but I didn't push because I couldn't get there any quicker anyway. Dealt with Nick and handover was all straightforward and friendly, including pickup from train station. No issues to report with the van, other than a slightly reluctant to close driver door, which I've adjusted myself and I've not got a remote for the auxiliary heater. I've pinged Nick an email and hopefully it's just a case of him sending one in the post. That's something that both myself and the dealer should have picked up on but these things happen. I don't know if the remote has been misplaced at Listers or if it hasn't made it from Germany.

Coast built and in transit. Both Nick from Listers and Karen from AutoeBid have kept me well informed by email (although AutoeBids emails were going to junkmail). Nick has also phoned me a couple of times and been patient with me adding in extras on more than one occasion after my initial order. I guess it’s important to post good experiences on this forum to ensure a balance of views.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strange. I got a reply from Liverpool just last week advising that our Ocean ordered 21 June '21 is provisionally due to start build 6 June ! Still at status 10, and that nothing can be relied upon until it moves to status 20.
Again, no apparent logic to the build order - certainly not 'first come, first served'.
But good luck withyour build/delivery dates - I hope it all works out !
I’m taking the dates with a large pinch of salt…nothing would surprise me with the dates that are being mentioned.

Mine didn’t have too many options either, so maybe that makes a difference..?

Coast built and in transit. Both Nick from Listers and Karen from AutoeBid have kept me well informed by email (although AutoeBids emails were going to junkmail). Nick has also phoned me a couple of times and been patient with me adding in extras on more than one occasion after my initial order. I guess it’s important to post good experiences on this forum to ensure a balance of views.

You’ll be able to sit on Tynemouth pier and clap the boat in Phil. Very exciting and hugely important to report good experiences too. We ordered a Coast a month after you. Very similar spec, well a towbar anyway

Yup. Which to be honest doesn't seem like hard work. Taking and emailing a screenshot once every few days during the build period isn't exactly difficult or time consuming. You'd expect as much when you've spent close to €100k on a van (and when the dealer didn't have to do any work to secure that sale since I went to him with the exact specs I wanted and all he had to do was answer a few emails).

But looking at messages here from people who struggle to get any updates at all from their dealers, I guess that I got lucky with mine.
ideal! in my case the Calis are sold through VW commercial, so I guess the guy buying an Ocean is small fry compared to fleet buyers. To be fair he does answer promptly but there’s nothing proactive about it, I didn’t even know it was built and awaiting transit until I asked. Most folk would have an outgoing vehicle to sell, insurance to arrange etc so a bit of notice would be appreciated

Lots of maybes, mights and potentials in here. I have the same info on the price protection, posted here and then kindly cut and pasted from my update by someone into Facebook, but I’m parking the rest of this response into the dealer rumours and excuses corner until something tangible and factual comes through. Sits along with with slow harnesses, phantom shutdowns and missing chips for me. All bandied around here as fact, but mostly rumours and second hand “I heards”. This trading of info as fact has almost become the new forum and FB black market currency of choice. Understandable, given the circumstances and our need for an explanation when there is a lack of timely updates from VW themselves.
Yeah, I think we all cling to any bit of informative that we can wring out, desperatly hoping to avoid price increases.

Same here! Listers been fine in our experience so far. Bit of a weird one today - been told our coast (ordered early sep 2021) is status 20 with a confirmed build of week 11 - 6 weeks ago?! Hoping for some more info later this week…

Same here! Listers been fine in our experience so far. Bit of a weird one today - been told our coast (ordered early sep 2021) is status 20 with a confirmed build of week 11 - 6 weeks ago?! Hoping for some more info later this week…

That happened with me , next thing I know it’s in transit from factory - hope the same good news for you !

I thought my post was positive too and offered a balance to some others? That's how I meant it anyway. The information vacuum I refer to is factory based. I never received a build date or any any status update from 00 until it was notified as shipped. Nick was as surprised as me. Assuming I get the remote issue sorted then it's all good, given I chased a significant saving, not customer service and especially because my local dealer wasn't even interested in taking an order, never mind offering a discount. Karen also phoned me yesterday to check that collection went ok and if I'm happy with the van.

I thought my post was positive too and offered a balance to some others? That's how I meant it anyway. The information vacuum I refer to is factory based. I never received a build date or any any status update from 00 until it was notified as shipped. Nick was as surprised as me. Assuming I get the remote issue sorted then it's all good, given I chased a significant saving, not customer service and especially because my local dealer wasn't even interested in taking an order, never mind offering a discount. Karen also phoned me yesterday to check that collection went ok and if I'm happy with the van.

Agree. I should have linked my comment to another’s post.

That happened with me , next thing I know it’s in transit from factory - hope the same good news for you !
I woke up in the night thinking about vehicles turning up without being on the system !
Do you think the security guards finished a few off whilst the factory was closed ?

Brilliant! Your experience is similar to ours, dealer has had no factory updates the whole time but has kept in touch, as have autoebid. We got a great price so I was more than happy with basic level of customer service. Luckily listers are quite close to me, other local dealers just laughed when I mentioned a discount! Hope you get remote sorted and wishing you many happy adventures:)

I woke up in the night thinking about vehicles turning up without being on the system !
Do you think the security guards finished a few off whilst the factory was closed ?

A friend of ours works at VW Head Office in the UK in an area closely related to cars arriving - they said that it has been manic and they are as surprised as anyone when the vehicles are just turning up.

At Nissan we had an unprecedented situation like this when the Fukashima accident happened and the schedule was all over the place for at least a year as alternative parts and suppliers were sourced - our finely tuned production system needed to be ”jury rigged” to speed up some specs, slow down others and create priority lists offline. This meant that every downstream system that usually received precise automated info does not and in many cases it had to be hand loaded in. It’s clear a similar situation is happening here.

Given the challenges, from covid to war no-one is trying to do a bad job at VW, factory, head office or dealer, in fact just the opposite - we are all just dealing with the most imperfect storm there could be.

Back