Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Missed me?
I’ve missed having the Buzz for a year.
So much so, ordered 4M Black Ocean.

The Velar is comfy but boring and absolutely no room inside to put a dogs dinner.

Told 9 to 12 months wait.
So let’s see….
Extras: wood floor, tow bar, Pro media, pack with insulated windows and heated front screen, 18” Palmerston’s.
Some others as well but cannot remember.
Thanks to Mike for his advice.

Until they tell you its got the wrong engine......:headbang
Yep, I'm convinced when (if) it does arrive something will be missing / wrong and almost certainly something will be damaged, broken or faulty. Of course I'm assuming it ever makes it out of the bloody factory and doesn't fall off the train, boat or transporter en route to me.

Also readying myself for the argument about the 4 years servicing / warranty / roadside and one years membership of the Caravan and Motorhome club that should be included.

Not forgetting the two picnic blankets made from vicuna wool with inlaid gold and diamonds by way of apology.

Yep, I'm convinced when (if) it does arrive something will be missing / wrong and almost certainly something will be damaged, broken or faulty. Of course I'm assuming it ever makes it out of the bloody factory and doesn't fall off the train, boat or transporter en route to me.

Also readying myself for the argument about the 4 years servicing / warranty / roadside and one years membership of the Caravan and Motorhome club that should be included.

Not forgetting the two picnic blankets made from vicuna wool with inlaid gold and diamonds by way of apology.
I had the same concern about the 4 year warranty/servicing/roadside cover and CAMC membership. I managed to find a copy of the original offer (a forum member kindly sent it to me) and I checked with the dealer (many months ago..!) and they sent me the CAMC membership stuff and confirmed the 4 yr warranty etc would be added to the service plan for the vehicle.

The only thing I haven't chased up is how much it'll cost to upgrade to 5yrs warranty. I have a price for 3 to 5yr upgrade, but with the 4yr offer I'm not sure how that works.

I had the same concern about the 4 year warranty/servicing/roadside cover and CAMC membership. I managed to find a copy of the original offer (a forum member kindly sent it to me) and I checked with the dealer (many months ago..!) and they sent me the CAMC membership stuff and confirmed the 4 yr warranty etc would be added to the service plan for the vehicle.

The only thing I haven't chased up is how much it'll cost to upgrade to 5yrs warranty. I have a price for 3 to 5yr upgrade, but with the 4yr offer I'm not sure how that works.
I think they should offer us that extension free. Will be interesting to see if we get offered anything now it seems they've run out of blankets too. Last year some people were given a £500 voucher to spend on options or servicing with the dealer by way of apology for Covid delays.

I did check on the 4 year stuff at time of order, but it seems my now departed salesperson wasn't great at admin so who knows what's been recorded or perhaps even ordered :D

Had contact from my dealer today to say my Beach Camper Two Tone Bay Leaf Green is in status 38. So at the port waiting to come across.

He said it should be 3-4 weeks to come across.

Placed Order March 22.
Informed of build week 24 (mid June)

I feel for everyone who is having longer delays. But I am now very excited at the possibility of some late summer / autumn trips when I wasn’t expecting it to arrive until next year.

A lot of other Bay leaf green vans seem to be coming through recently so I think my lucky quick turnaround is due to the paint option being dropped for new orders.

So... had an email from my dealer. Unfortunately not the best news.

Van is still showing as status 20, week 20 with no further update on the system. He's spoken to VW support who say it's at build stage 5 (of 8) so has presumably started, but is awaiting parts. He can only speculate what, but his assumption is tow bar or just general semiconductors.

With the factory shutdown about to start he's saying nothing will now happen for the next two weeks and he'd normally expect about two weeks for it to complete build from this point as well.

My reading of all that is that assuming everything is suddenly available after shutdown, build completes smoothly and transport takes the minimum couple of weeks too, the best I can possibly hope for is it arriving mid September, more likely towards the end and realistically, into October.

So, at least two months of no vehicle and hence more cancelled stuff. By the time it eventually arrives, summer will be long gone along with all the festival plans I had for this year which after the two previous years of doing nothing, is a bitter pill to swallow. First world problems I know, I'm lucky, I'll get it eventually and all this will just be a bad memory and maybe a blanket.

On the positive side (trying to desperately see anything as one), he sent me a screenshot of the order system and it's all correct.

So... had an email from my dealer. Unfortunately not the best news.

Van is still showing as status 20, week 20 with no further update on the system. He's spoken to VW support who say it's at build stage 5 (of 8) so has presumably started, but is awaiting parts. He can only speculate what, but his assumption is tow bar or just general semiconductors.

With the factory shutdown about to start he's saying nothing will now happen for the next two weeks and he'd normally expect about two weeks for it to complete build from this point as well.

My reading of all that is that assuming everything is suddenly available after shutdown, build completes smoothly and transport takes the minimum couple of weeks too, the best I can possibly hope for is it arriving mid September, more likely towards the end and realistically, into October.

So, at least two months of no vehicle and hence more cancelled stuff. By the time it eventually arrives, summer will be long gone along with all the festival plans I had for this year which after the two previous years of doing nothing, is a bitter pill to swallow. First world problems I know, I'm lucky, I'll get it eventually and all this will just be a bad memory and maybe a blanket.

On the positive side (trying to desperately see anything as one), he sent me a screenshot of the order system and it's all correct.
Its amazing they cant tell you (us) what parts they are missing. They could even offer to ship minus the parts (if it was tow bar) or sub parts (if it was wheels), but that would be too much like customer service.

Based on some of the delivery news from other forum members today, I cant see the tow bar being the issue.

Hopefully a nice blanket or two is on its way...?...;-)

Its amazing they cant tell you (us) what parts they are missing. They could even offer to ship minus the parts (if it was tow bar) or sub parts (if it was wheels), but that would be too much like customer service.

Based on some of the delivery news from other forum members today, I cant see the tow bar being the issue.

Hopefully a nice blanket or two is on its way...?...;-)
I live in hope VW will surprise us, but I suspect not, they can't even send emails correctly.

I'm taking a break from all this, it's just making me mad and upset. There's nothing going to happen for a month at least, so no point in torturing myself with it.

See you all on the other side.

Going to Liverpool on Tuesday to pick up my ocean.
still getting 4 year care pack tho had to remind them of CMAC years membership. Also as dealing with another salesperson as the one we dealt with had left, showed them an email we kept where he had agreed a full tank of fuel we had asked for as part of the deal.. don’t know how much they would normally put in as the video sent to us of our cali showed low fuel
Gone very quiet on the complimentary blanket, anybody had one lately ?

still getting 4 year care pack tho had to remind them of CMAC years membership. Also as dealing with another salesperson as the one we dealt with had left, showed them an email we kept where he had agreed a full tank of fuel we had asked for as part of the deal.. don’t know how much they would normally put in as the video sent to us of our cali showed low fuel
Had nothing with mine despite asking and just enough fuel to get to the garage.

SMG said they put £30 of diesel in a new vehicle. In the old days it used to get you around the M25 to Watford, but not at today's prices.

That's a great bit of forethought there! A full tank adds considerable value to the vehicle.

That's a great bit of forethought there! A full tank adds considerable value to the vehicle.
I got a blanket (and a very fancy California keyring!) and 2 VW cups collecting our coast last Monday!

I'd be over the moon with a set of keys and fumes in the fuel tank tbh.

Lol. Yep, as it stands now I obviously wish I hadn’t cancelled my previous order, but it is what it is…….a bloody long wait. Oh well, gives us even more time to prep for its arrival (go shopping for stuff) ;)
Have you managed to see the Fortana red in the flesh?

Excellent news...!

Got to be a great feeling when you get "that" email...;-)

I guess that definitely rules out the tow bar as a reason ours is delayed. As @Begize reminded me, it could be our choice of Teresina wheels.
I’m amazed VW don’t have a team trying to get vehicles to customers. If it’s just wheels, and there’s a supply of others, a call to you apologising and offering your delivery sooner with other wheels fitted, would go a long way to improving manufacturer problems and customer relations

Would that be the same Nick Baker who was at Droitwich Listers? If so, that is our salesman. No wonder I haven’t heard anything from them!

Nick was our salesman as well. When I contacted him last time back in end of June I received automated email that he left the business. There was new contact number and email as well who should I be in touch with. I sent the email to Gerry Watt who apparently took it over from Nick. I just wanted to get some update about our order. Few minutes later had reply from Gerry with screenshots of our status which I never had with Nick before. Since then communication with Gerry was excellent. We are going to collect our Beach next Wednesday. Try to contact them.

@Doz …I noticed you had reg VW72CAL for sale as your van arrived earlier than expected.

Our Cali Ocean is now unlikely to arrive before Sept (Jun 21 order, in build since May 22..!).we bought VW22BUZ ( long term plan to get a IDBuz).

Fancy a swap…!

@Doz …I noticed you had reg VW72CAL for sale as your van arrived earlier than expected.

Our Cali Ocean is now unlikely to arrive before Sept (Jun 21 order, in build since May 22..!).we bought VW22BUZ ( long term plan to get a IDBuz).

Fancy a swap…!
Hi thanks for the offer but I already have a different reg plate now.

How long ago did you buy VW22BUZ. I was also looking for a personalised plate for an
ID.BUZZ, to help make me commit to making a purchase. Did the same with our first Cali purchase way back. VW22BUZ was not available, so I went for JA22 BUZ for a bit of silly fun.
I needed that extra push to purchase, because both a Cali and a Buzz, seem a lot of money for a van.
Buzz now on order, expected delivery date 31st Jan 2023. Expected !!!

How long ago did you buy VW22BUZ. I was also looking for a personalised plate for an
ID.BUZZ, to help make me commit to making a purchase. Did the same with our first Cali purchase way back. VW22BUZ was not available, so I went for JA22 BUZ for a bit of silly fun.
I needed that extra push to purchase, because both a Cali and a Buzz, seem a lot of money for a van.
Buzz now on order, expected delivery date 31st Jan 2023. Expected !!!
Wow, bet your excited…delivery looks very quick.

I nearly ordered a 1st Edition but chicken out (was going to swap our Tesla for it), but thought we’d hang on a see if a camper version appears eventually. Still waiting for our Cali.

We bought the reg in Jan 22. I was looking for a 72 BUZ reg recently but they’ve nearly all gone, I guess since the launch everyone has thought of getting one. When we bought in Jan we tried to get VW10BUZ, bet that had already gone…! I bet VW have it…;-)

I am excited., but nervous too, because my sensible head says, it's too expensive for what it is, a five seat van.
I had placed my £2000 deposit the first day you could. We were actually sitting eating fish and chips on a bench in Padstow harbour.at the time. This was to gain a place on the list for a chance of a "Frist Edition Buzz", which sounds like what you did, well not while eating fish and chips.
Then I was taken into hospital with Sepsis. There was a big sign on the entrance to A@E as you are wheeled in, which ssys, "Be Sepsis Aware, 140,000 people die of Sepsis every year"
The order book opened while I was in hospital. So I thought I better not wait any longer,
and actually ordered it from my hospital bed..Who needs a sensible head at times like that.

Back