Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

It's to do with emissions. As I understand it 2021 vehicles will need an RDE2 engine.

Just heard from VW Chat that we have a week 50 build (RDE 1engine) for our Ocean 150. Ordered 25th September
Wow that's lucky do you think you will get it by end of year?
Maybe there is hope yet for order on 30/9
There just doesnt seem to be any way of working out these build weeks, dates, delivery !

Can't see it arriving by the 31st December. My take is a 4 week build and then shipping from what I have read. I think the vehicle has to land at a British port before 1st Jan to be exempt from any import tax if Boris doesn't get it sorted. They said they will confirm the Build week one week before.

Trying to be optimistic there may be some grace given on one thats built in transit?!?

Can't see it arriving by the 31st December. My take is a 4 week build and then shipping from what I have read. I think the vehicle has to land at a British port before 1st Jan to be exempt from any import tax if Boris doesn't get it sorted. They said they will confirm the Build week one week before.
32F2597F-9E35-4692-A3CD-605D2C149125.jpeg

Same here. Ordered 11/9. Factory accepted order 17/9. VW chat saying no build date yet. What really annoys me, and I made my feelings about this clear on the chat, is that someone must know by now if it is going to be built as a 199 this year or a 204 next year. There’s a big difference, to me especially and having spent North of £65k I would expect a bit more information to be coming my way, rather than the usual chat response of “try again next week”. Bloody annoying :mad:

This is the first interaction with the chat where they have confirmed back to me that a this year build slot looks unlikely, normally I get the try in a week response.

Phil, our orders were accepted on the same date by the factory.....so guessing that will be the same for you.
1603271888063.png

Thanks - so if in transit you'll be fine but I guess as week 50 might be cutting it fine, but you never know at least there is hope when you have an actual build week! :)

@Rams66 If yours has been confirmed as a RDE1 engine it has to be registered by the end of 2020, so you should be confident it will arrive on or around the turn of the year.

GG & Zipster had week 41 builds (further up the thread) week 41 was week com 5th October, both seem to have been built Zipster's is here in the UK GG's to follow shortly. So it seems that it has taken (for Zipster) three weeks from build date to enter the UK.

I have a "Provisional build week 45 (02/11) so if no Covid delays i would imagine end of Nov in the UK, if these numbers are any guide i would imagine up to build week 49 (30/11) will be in the UK, build week 50 pushing it!

Does the vehicle have to be in the UK to be registered? Seems very risky for VW to be building a non RDE2 compliant van they may not be able to register at all.

Hasn’t it been confirmed that all RDE 1 vehicles must be registered before 1st Jan 21? Some posted elsewhere Shaun from VW Sheffield that all 150 built from week 46 will be RDE2?

on a lighter note Barnier has justold EU there can be a deal fingers cross for the 21 orders.

This is what I understood the current situation to be so provided built and dispatched we should be ok.
Last time I checked mine was due to start production 26/10 (week 44) and I have not dared check again unless it was bad news!

I think we are talking crossed purposes RDE2 compliance vs “Brexit tax”

Thanks for all your responses, very helpful.

Hasn’t it been confirmed that all RDE 1 vehicles must be registered before 1st Jan 21? Some posted elsewhere Shaun from VW Sheffield that all 150 built from week 46 will be RDE2?

on a lighter note Barnier has justold EU there can be a deal fingers cross for the 21 orders.
Yes, the RDE1’s must be registered by 31 December. There’s no way a build week 52 RDE1 is going to be registered this year!!

That’s promising news from the EU, cheers. Fingers crossed for sure......

Just heard our new SusiBus ordered on 10/08/20, started being built last week, (week 42). Should be read for delivery in three weeks.
Good news! The helpful VW chat lady explained to me (build week provisionally 9, 2021) that delivery should be about 2 months later...

VW delivery.png

Are we happy that VW are supplying us with new vehicles that have engines that will soon not be compliant with the latest emission regs ?
I'm for one not! Shouldn't they be one step ahead of the regs instead of building soon to be obsolete vehicles. OK that's a bit strong. Isn't it about time VW got themselves organised. First they were supplying us with 204 which turned out not to be compliant with emission regs.Then we had the 199, and now they're supplying us with a 204 which they are charging us an extra £1200 just to be compliant.

Are we happy that VW are supplying us with new vehicles that have engines that will soon not be compliant with the latest emission regs ?
I'm for one not! Shouldn't they be one step ahead of the regs instead of building soon to be obsolete vehicles. OK that's a bit strong. Isn't it about time VW got themselves organised. First they were supplying us with 204 which turned out not to be compliant with emission regs.Then we had the 199, and now they're supplying us with a 204 which they are charging us an extra £1200 just to be compliant.
Maybe the £1200 is the cost of a new emissions cheat device?

Good news! The helpful VW chat lady explained to me (build week provisionally 9, 2021) that delivery should be about 2 months later...

View attachment 68129
Hi what was your original order date? I have just been on the chat with Beth, I still don't have a build date.

It’s a good question but I guess NO diesel engine design will keep pace with the ever tightening emissions rules. In two years the new 204 will probably non compliant. Having said that, there is a question mark against them delivering a vehicle on the 31/12/20 which will be non compliant the very next day.

Coast 150 build ordered 16/09

Build week just confirmed cw49.

Not expecting 2020 delivery but maybe if its on the road somewhere in between before 01/01/2021 it might scrape past the 10% tarif net !
Either way, looking forward to a Jan trip out somewhere and freezing our wotsits off!!! :)

Back