Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

The dealers will happily hand back a deposit as they can easily sell to the next punter that doesnt want to wait. Its a sellers market at the moment and looks like 2021 will be similar. If the new ones cost more then the used will follow. Those with a Q4 6.1 will be able to sell it at a profit in Q1

Our problem (for all you with orders in like me) is that we’re after a commodity that’s in high demand. If you check out the national car selling websites a nearly new ocean is £80k and anything 2 years old is close to £60k. With discounts negotiated I’m sure we’re not far from that for vans to our spec, full warranty and of course 6.1. So going used isn’t really something to use as a bargaining tool. I can see lots of us having to weigh up paying a £5k premium to get what we want.

Yes but thats now with prices, we have yet to hit the mass redundancies that are going to follow.
I for one am not going to pay the £5k premium added to what I already consider a ceiling/over the top price so I will walk away - my sensible head will rule my heart Im afraid!

Yes but thats now with prices, we have yet to hit the mass redundancies that are going to follow.
I for one am not going to pay the £5k premium added to what I already consider a ceiling/over the top price so I will walk away - my sensible head will rule my heart Im afraid!
Hi Jenny, I do agree and hope that some common sense prevails with both VW, the dealers and the decision makers in the negotiations. Not holding my breath....

I had a response from our dealer this morning - quick turn around on the reply . Unfortunately they don’t have more concrete information. They believe we still have the slot for November build but admit that things are changing all the time.

I contacted my dealer today who told me week 44 build week was on the system. I contacted VW to confirm this and they told me no build date has been set! I'm not expecting to know for a couple of weeks.

In reality, I'd be gobsmacked if German car dealers just accept losing 20% of their trade just because the EU wants to play hard ball with the UK over Brexit. It would be financial suicide for EU manufacturers if the EU try to make an example of us.
politics warning

I contacted my dealer today who told me week 44 build week was on the system. I contacted VW to confirm this and they told me no build date has been set! I'm not expecting to know for a couple of weeks.
Which dealer are you using?

I too am using Eurovans via DTD. (Ben/Vick) VW chat gave me week build of 45 last Thursday , Eurovans yet to confirm despite asking?

I too am using Eurovans via DTD. (Ben/Vick) VW chat gave me week build of 45 last Thursday , Eurovans yet to confirm despite asking?
If VW had had confirmed, I’d think you’re OK. VW Chat confirmed my week 41 build but Eurovans didn’t until I spoke with them.

I’m anticipating that mine will leave the factory for the port at the beginning of next week so probably 4-6 weeks until it reaches my dealer. Mid to late November hopefully.

hey I assume mine too as im week 41.. however my dealer assures me that the 4~6 weeks is the extreme for delivery, he still thinks it will be beginning of November..

I however am skeptical and still expect it end of November, but im prepared to be amazed.

With the pending engine change from 199 to 204 it’s interesting that the dealers and VW Chat seem to be giving out confusing information about expected delivery dates for recently placed orders. The suggestion is March/April but even before the engine change announcement some of our European members have previously posted their quoted delivery dates of May 21. Post Brexit, I wonder whether VW will want fulfil the orders of our long suffering EU neighbours ahead of the U.K.?

hey I assume mine too as im week 41.. however my dealer assures me that the 4~6 weeks is the extreme for delivery, he still thinks it will be beginning of November..

I however am skeptical and still expect it end of November, but im prepared to be amazed.
That would be great. Fingers crossed.

Still no build date for me, and the chat couldn't confirm what engine I would get. They just said that it will be as ordered or I would be informed. That's almost like saying you will get it unless you don't.

Still no build date for me, and the chat couldn't confirm what engine I would get. They just said that it will be as ordered or I would be informed. That's almost like saying you will get it unless you don't.
It’s poor isn’t it !!
It really shouldn’t be hard to give more accurate forecasts. They know the capacity of the factory, they know the existing order book, they know that they’re changing the engine specification and when, etc, etc.

It’s poor isn’t it !!
It really shouldn’t be hard to give more accurate forecasts. They know the capacity of the factory, they know the existing order book, they know that they’re changing the engine specification and when, etc, etc.
Yes exactly, you're not telling me that a company that relies on selling high value goods does not have a system for managing orders more accurately. I think it's a case of supply and demand. They know we want the Vans so they don't really need to put much effort into keeping us happy. Dealers are probably the same, they know that if we cancel our orders because of the late build of the 204PS they probably will have a queue of people ready to buy early in the new year.

mine was a week 38 build so 3 weeks ahead of you. It is now with the dealer and i pick up next week. I think you can be optimistic.

VW Chat 15/10/20

Debbie01:34 PM

We have a provisional build week from the Factory. Week 45 is the week commencing 2nd November

Debbie01:35 PM

The California is proving really popular. I want to let you know that because the build week is provisional this can change

Evening Build Checkers,

Order 25/09/20
Confirmed from factory 05/10/20
“No confirmed build week” as of 15/10/20
Original estimated delivery date 31/12/20

199 Ocean with FOMO spec

Ho hum.

Back