Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Sorry to hear that. Will you pick up from Eurovans in Crawley? I've found them to be uncommunicative, but hope I'll have communication soon (ordered on 8 October). I'm putting up with it given the DTD discount. Mind me asking if you've managed to do a deal on the extended warranty or anything else?
Maybe communication could be a bit better but I’m not at all unhappy with Eurovans. Yes I have done a deal with them to extend the warranty to 5-years. My original deal was 54-year warranty and roadside assistance plus 2 services.

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Chat confirmed build next week (02/11 week 45) Drive the deal via Crawley. Mushroomed by dealer. Photo copy of an order form by way of confirmation, an email with confirmation from DTD, confirmation on my credit statement. That’s the lot. VW chat confirming specifics along the journey.

Scoots

Scoots

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Surprised at some of your dealer experiences. I've had four or five phone calls from them since I placed my order (12/8) with progress updates.
Now in the second week of its build, I'm promised another call when it changes status

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Surprised at some of your dealer experiences. I've had four or five phone calls from them since I placed my order (12/8) with progress updates.
Now in the second week of its build, I'm promised another call when it changes status
From JCB Crawley?

pjduffill

pjduffill

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Well i have just passed the one month mark since my order was confirmed and still sitting at order status 00 no production week assigned.

Its quite a strange experience i must say ordering something that you may never receive to the specification you ordered it in, nor being able to even see one in the flesh but then just blindly asking for updates periodically. I am sure it will all work out in the end, this must be how rich people have to operate everyday, for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.

i am even now contemplating asking if I can amend the order ( if it doesn't push me to the back of the queue) by adding the locking differential and the 80 litre tank.

19/08 DTD + Eurovans/JCB - Nothing proactive!

Wogga

Wogga

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Still avoiding contacting chat for an update on my week 43 build, I will cave and contact them on Friday I think.

D

Defender90

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I contacted vw chat yesterday and they have informed me, my ocean is on the way to Emden port but could still take a month from now before I can collect from the dealer

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I am week 43 build I caved yesterday and essentially got no news, very frustrating.
So build should have started wb 19 Oct? Looks like is should be c10 weeks to delivery...

F2DEF91F-B87B-4910-A95E-91940D276A1F.png

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I contacted vw chat yesterday and they have informed me, my ocean is on the way to Emden port but could still take a month from now before I can collect from the dealer
Yes, up to a month. Mine’s been sitting at Emden for over a week so hopefully it will be on the Malacca Highway on Friday. Then 2 day voyage, 7-10 days at Sheetness and a few days at the dealership.

D

Defender90

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Yes, up to a month. Mine’s been sitting at Emden for over a week so hopefully it will be on the Malacca Highway on Friday. Then 2 day voyage, 7-10 days at Sheetness and a few days at the dealership.
Do they all go to the same U.K. port and is the Malacca highway the ferry they use?

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Do they all go to the same U.K. port and is the Malacca highway the ferry they use?
Yes the Malacca Highway is a vehicle carrier ship. I think the ports they use are Sheerness and Immingham (maybe others). VW Chat confirmed that mine will land at Sheerness. I guess they decide which port based on the location of your dealership? I.e. north or south

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Yes the Malacca Highway is a vehicle carrier ship. I think the ports they use are Sheerness and Immingham (maybe others). VW Chat confirmed that mine will land at Sheerness. I guess they decide which port based on the location of your dealership? I.e. north or south
I know it’s sad, but you can track the ships movements.159D29A5-CD76-4007-BCD9-5783195E8A7C.jpeg

Reactions: Sad
Wogga

Wogga

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
GG how do you know MH is sailing back to the U.K. on Friday? Have you become a ship anorak?

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
GG how do you know MH is sailing back to the U.K. on Friday? Have you become a ship anorak?
Haha. I’ve deduced that it normally does 2 return trips a week. Inbound from Emden to the UK on Mondays and Fridays :)

VW California Club