Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I follow it closely and get regular updates, the only obstacle is Macron and his 14000 fishermen demanding our fish. Boris's speech last week 'prepare for a no deal and Lord Frost saying bye, bye got the EU on the back foot with their postering, hence Barniers proclamation to work on a deal. We will see the ball is firmly in the EU's court and their car industry is flapping.
Thanks for your positivity Wogga, I needed that

wilburthewombat

wilburthewombat

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Thanks for your positivity Wogga, I needed that
Personally I see things the reverse way, with Boris and his cronies having realised the ball is in the UK's court, and having no option but to accept the EU's offer to get back to the table. But, overall, the result is the same. Neither side is stupid enough to let a no deal happen. (I hope / think).

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Interesting conversation with my dealership today. They have been maxed out with California orders recently (70 in the last quarter I think he said). I guess other dealers have the same experience so it’s no wonder that there are order delays. He did say that the California production line has been working flat out to fulfil orders and has been prioritising the U.K. (as we’ve all suspected).
So here’s my take on things. Dealerships will not worry at all if an order gets cancelled. If a cancelled order comes into dealership stock they will be able to sell it but will be under no pressure to offer significant discounts. There’s a potential price rise in November (unconfirmed). My vans already built and at the port so I don’t have the Brexit Duty dilemma but if I had a pending order I think I’d hang on in there. An import duty in 2021 (unlikely in my opinion) might be less expensive than cancelling and subsequently reordering!?

Wogga

Wogga

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
When alll is revealed I will let you know. Fingers crossed for you chaps.

LPGoodwood

LPGoodwood

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Interesting conversation with my dealership today. They have been maxed out with California orders recently (70 in the last quarter I think he said). I guess other dealers have the same experience so it’s no wonder that there are order delays. He did say that the California production line has been working flat out to fulfil orders and has been prioritising the U.K. (as we’ve all suspected).
So here’s my take on things. Dealerships will not worry at all if an order gets cancelled. If a cancelled order comes into dealership stock they will be able to sell it but will be under no pressure to offer significant discounts. There’s a potential price rise in November (unconfirmed). My vans already built and at the port so I don’t have the Brexit Duty dilemma but if I had a pending order I think I’d hang on in there. An import duty in 2021 (unlikely in my opinion) might be less expensive than cancelling and subsequently reordering!?
True true ... I don’t think my life would have meaning if I cancelled now anyway, too much emotional investment

wilburthewombat

wilburthewombat

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
On a vaguely related topic, I was driving out of Slough a few days back, and there was a motorhome in someone's drive with a sign in the windscreen saying "NOT FOR SALE". I guess they got fed up with people knocking on the door to ask.

Tloeg

Tloeg

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
We ordered Ocean 6.1 four motion in July from Trafford Manchester and have been watching this thread with interest and thought we would not get ours until after Christmas. But after many calls emails asking for updates finally we were given the good news today that it will be at the dealership next week and we can pick it up at the weekend. Came close to cancelling the order but thankfully we did not!

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We ordered Ocean 6.1 four motion in July from Trafford Manchester and have been watching this thread with interest and thought we would not get ours until after Christmas. But after many calls emails asking for updates finally we were given the good news today that it will be at the dealership next week and we can pick it up at the weekend. Came close to cancelling the order but thankfully we did not!
I’d be happy take 3 months from my Oct order, but it’s looking like 6!
It’s all behind you. - now to enjoy it

H

Highlands

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
VW chat just confirmed the van has arrived at Tyne dock, UK.

How long do you think till it arrives at the dealer?

Just to add, we ordered 8th August

D

Dodge1311

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Well i have just passed the one month mark since my order was confirmed and still sitting at order status 00 no production week assigned.

Its quite a strange experience i must say ordering something that you may never receive to the specification you ordered it in, nor being able to even see one in the flesh but then just blindly asking for updates periodically. I am sure it will all work out in the end, this must be how rich people have to operate everyday, for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.

Well i have just passed the one month mark since my order was confirmed and still sitting at order status 00 no production week assigned.

Its quite a strange experience i must say ordering something that you may never receive to the specification you ordered it in, nor being able to even see one in the flesh but then just blindly asking for updates periodically. I am sure it will all work out in the end, this must be how rich people have to operate everyday, for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.
i am even now contemplating asking if I can amend the order ( if it doesn't push me to the back of the queue) by adding the locking differential and the 80 litre tank.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
i am even now contemplating asking if I can amend the order ( if it doesn't push me to the back of the queue) by adding the locking differential and the 80 litre tank.
I have heard that colour and engine size are more difficult to change. Should be able to add those things...

Wogga

Wogga

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I assume you have ordered a 4 motion which by all accounts not due until March next year, at the earliest I doubt changing your order will make difference since you have yet to get even a provisional build week. Once you have a confirmed build week that's when changes will cause issues.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
My Week 41 Ocean has now been sitting on the dock at Emden for over a week. I was hoping it would be on the Malacca Highway which has just left port for Sheerness, but disappointedly it’s not! :-( Buying a Cali’ is certainly a test of patience :)
Hopefully it will be on the next Malacca Highway shipment on Friday this week. I’m assuming mine will be shipped to Sheerness and not Immingham as my dealership is Crawley.

Zooks

Zooks

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.
That struck a cord with me because I felt the same when I placed my order. I wasn't expecting a gold embossed invoice but some sign my order was appreciated would have been nice. VW could use a lesson from their sisters at Audi in making a customer feel valued or maybe its just because we are forced to deal with commercial sales.

Anywho mine was confirmed as starting build this week by VW Chat this morning so i'm getting there now but still no contact or interest from the dealer thus far.

Hope you get a build date soon.

66tim99

66tim99

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
My Week 41 Ocean has now been sitting on the dock at Emden for over a week. I was hoping it would be on the Malacca Highway which has just left port for Sheerness, but disappointedly it’s not! :-( Buying a Cali’ is certainly a test of patience :)
Hopefully it will be on the next Malacca Highway shipment on Friday this week. I’m assuming mine will be shipped to Sheerness and not Immingham as my dealership is Crawley.
Sorry to hear that. Will you pick up from Eurovans in Crawley? I've found them to be uncommunicative, but hope I'll have communication soon (ordered on 8 October). I'm putting up with it given the DTD discount. Mind me asking if you've managed to do a deal on the extended warranty or anything else?

VW California Club