Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Gutted just got off chat, my week 43 is still on the line this is the fourth week on the line, it must of started on the line at 4pm Friday week 43 :D I got some more info of Morak this time. According to Brand Support it is at point 7 of production and there are eight points of production. Try again next week I guess :-(
our week 44 is still at Status 20. I asked him (same chap) to advise of the stage of production and I was told that he could not see that. It is odd and frustrating that some are on the way to port of exit and others are still on the production line with no obvious reason as to why that is.

To put your lead-times into perspective, I placed an order with the dealer for my cali on 11th March (on a van already ordered to my required spec 2 weeks previously) , with an estimated delivery of 1st week of June.
Just checked with VW chat today;
Abdul
I checked the order and can see that your new California Ocean is currently in production. The vehicle went into production in week 46, this week has commenced from 9th November.
:pinkbanana

One thing is for sure, VW do tend to push the patience of their customers. I have never purchased a vehicle this expensive but it is proving to be a frustrating and arduous wait :(. I can see I am very much not alone. According to chat today my week 41 build is alleged released for shipping, but I cannot allow myself to accept this as gospel given the chat options past record.

One thing is for sure, VW do tend to push the patience of their customers. I have never purchased a vehicle this expensive but it is proving to be a frustrating and arduous wait :(. I can see I am very much not alone. According to chat today my week 41 build is alleged released for shipping, but I cannot allow myself to accept this as gospel given the chat options past record.
Fingers crossed Moon Madness. Hopefully at Emden, the port of exit, very soon and then just a couple of weeks until you have it.

Fingers crossed Moon Madness. Hopefully at Emden, the port of exit, very soon and then just a couple of weeks until you have it.
I share your frustration. Mine is a week 41 build. Was told it was all complete. As of this morning it is still waiting a part though and VW centrally have been trying to liaise with the factory to ascertain what the situation is. Certainly builds the suspense!!

Just placed order for a 199 Coast Editions LHD 4motion DSG. Expected delivery in 10 or so months, which is fine by me as my contract in USA doesn't end until 1/9/21. Good thing I have patience. I expect this Campervan to be my primary residence for at least a year.

I share your frustration. Mine is a week 41 build. Was told it was all complete. As of this morning it is still waiting a part though and VW centrally have been trying to liaise with the factory to ascertain what the situation is. Certainly builds the suspense!!
Sounds like mine was, I was previously told two weeks ago it was at the port, then three days later, sorry, it’s still at the factory awaiting components. Could not find out what was holding it up. Hence not counting my California chickens until maybe given the shipping confirmation. Good luck with yours.

Just placed order for a 199 Coast Editions LHD 4motion DSG. Expected delivery in 10 or so months, which is fine by me as my contract in USA doesn't end until 1/9/21. Good thing I have patience. I expect this Campervan to be my primary residence for at least a year.
Am I misreading this or are you saying you are going to live in it for a year?!!!

Am I misreading this or are you saying you are going to live in it for a year?!!!
Thats the plan. Selling up in USA, putting household items in storage and using the Cali to tour France looking for a suitable location to build a house.

10 months?!

Thats the plan. Selling up in USA, putting household items in storage and using the Cali to tour France looking for a suitable location to build a house.
Wow! Fair play to you my friend. How exciting will that be?! At least you have a good choice of campsites in France. I’m sure you won’t be wild camping for that long!!
Good luck with your adventures :thumb

10 months?!
That's what I was told to expect.

Wow! Fair play to you my friend. How exciting will that be?! At least you have a good choice of campsites in France. I’m sure you won’t be wild camping for that long!!
Good luck with your adventures :thumb
Yes a good mix of Aires, private areas to park up that are listed on various websites, formal campsites and wild camping if locations allow.

Ordered 03/08
Factory accepted 13/08
Delivery estimate at time was December.
12/11 - still not even a build week allocated! But have been told it will be RDE2 engine.
So frustrating that no idea when we are likely to get the van. I don't even feel confident for next March.
Will be worth it but this has taken the edge of the excitement.

Not the first @Amarillo did it for a year travelling around the EU with a family of 4 + dogs in a Beach. @Lightning is doing something similar this year but back in the UK at present.

Ordered 03/08
Factory accepted 13/08
Delivery estimate at time was December.
12/11 - still not even a build week allocated! But have been told it will be RDE2 engine.
So frustrating that no idea when we are likely to get the van. I don't even feel confident for next March.
Will be worth it but this has taken the edge of the excitement.
Just does not make sense these lead times, not to rub it in but many on here with later orders seem to be getting them much quicker. It certainly does test the patience.

Just does not make sense these lead times, not to rub it in but many on here with later orders seem to be getting them much quicker. It certainly does test the patience.
IAlmost any one who has ordered a 199 engine since August has been bumped to next year because the change to RDE2 emissions engine. The ones that are coming in fast are pre October orders for the RDE1 150 engine.

Given the latest brochure (Nov 9th) still doesn't have RDE2 204 figures confirmed i would assume the engine is still going through final testing and sign off. All others do have confirmed figures so those engines will be cracking on full steam on production.

IAlmost any one who has ordered a 199 engine since August has been bumped to next year because the change to RDE2 emissions engine. The ones that are coming in fast are pre October orders for the RDE1 150 engine.

Ordered my 199 Ocean 12/08

Might pick it up next weekend, if not, certainly the weekend after.

@Abrown80 's order does seem a bit slow

Such a different experience. Whilst we still don't even have a build date. Can't fathom it. Enjoy your Cali arrival!

Yep mine for reasons unknown seems to be slow, my build week colleagues vans are in the country or at the docks, my lazy git of a van is still sat admiring life on the line Hannover :) musn’t grumble.

That hasn't been my experience. We ordered early September, were given a build week of 45 which then became 44. Was told earlier this week the van was in transit to the port. I'm assuming the chatline is accurate. I was beginning to think that because we ordered a 4motion that VW were trying to maximise production before the new emission regs. But it is interesting to hear other theories.

I left it for a week or so but managed to get Beth on the chat today, here is the latest update for my 190(204?)PS Ocean Ascot Grey 4 Motion with Media Pro and 17" Woodstock and 80L Fuel Tank;

Thank you for waiting Russell, so I have spoken with our Sales Support Team and they have confirmed that the order slots are completely full for this year which is why there is no update yet on a build week. Your vehicle will be built next year so will most likely not have a build week until end of December/beginning of January, as Factory will usually confirm a build week 4 weeks before it is due to go into production. So the best thing to do would be to come back to us at the end of December and we will hopefully have an update on a predicted build week for you.

Back