Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hello everyone.

Very exciting to see some of you collecting your Calis.

We ordered on 26th October and found out yesterday we are Build Week 49. Ocean 150 Bay Leaf Green.

I am expecting collection end of January but looking at some of your experiences it may be a bit quicker :)

Anyone else with Build Week 49?
Found out yesterday we are build week 49 too, Ocean 150 starlight blue, mud flaps and shower connection. Ordered 2nd September. Exciting times. Like some others I am addicted to YouTube with Calis and vanlife vlogs!

Found out yesterday we are build week 49 too, Ocean 150 starlight blue, mud flaps and shower connection. Ordered 2nd September. Exciting times. Like some others I am addicted to YouTube with Calis and vanlife vlogs!
Brilliant.

We went for Ocean 150 in Bay Leaf Green with the following options:
- Driver Assistance Pack,
- Fuel Tank 80L,
- Bed extension and mat,
- outdoor shower connection,
- net storage,
- towbar,
- Woodstock alloys.

Also keeping it as a secret for kids so can't wait to see their faces when they see it on the driveway!

Brilliant.

We went for Ocean 150 in Bay Leaf Green with the following options:
- Driver Assistance Pack,
- Fuel Tank 80L,
- Bed extension and mat,
- outdoor shower connection,
- net storage,
- towbar,
- Woodstock alloys.

Also keeping it as a secret for kids so can't wait to see their faces when they see it on the driveway!
Wow I admire your willpower!

Think i may never see mine having gone for every possible delay option their is:-

199 engine now 204
Mudflaps delay
Towbar delay
Starlight blue delay
4 motion delay
locking diff delay
discovery pro delay
lockable compartment delay

Oh wait sorry nothing is delayed because after two months we don't have build week yet so we can only therefore be on time!

Only kidding despite not having a build week DtD were always upfront that it would be six months from September so don't have anything to complain about other than all you guys and gals ordering 150's and getting them in a jiffy.
Maybe VW take the attitude that purchasers of the 199/204 are more discerning purchasers and wouldn't want their vehicles rushed through the construction. ;)

Hello everyone.

Very exciting to see some of you collecting your Calis.

We ordered on 26th October and found out yesterday we are Build Week 49. Ocean 150 Bay Leaf Green.

I am expecting collection end of January but looking at some of your experiences it may be a bit quicker :)

Anyone else with Build Week 49?
I’m unconfirmed cw50 atm

So after reading about someone who has a 199 on order from Breeze Poole getting a video update and confirmed build date of week 6, I’ve just been on the chat again. I’m really annoyed that through no fault of mine we are now having to panic over it being delivered by the end of March to qualify for the “no deal” tariff freeze.

I asked the chat for an update and got the usual reply of “no build date, try again next week”, so this is how I replied......

I keep getting told the same thing every week!!! 204 engines are being built from week 6 and we ordered on 11 September, so why haven’t we been allocated to week 6 yet? The tax offer from VW stated that the vehicle must be delivered by the end of March. If we don’t get week 6 that is looking highly unlikely! What happens if there’s no trade deal done and our Cali arrives in April? We have to pay thousands more!?? That’s not fair as I’ve heard of other 199 Cali buyers now getting a confirmed date of week 6 from their dealer. Why are we being penalised for something completely out of our control??? I am very unhappy about this situation.

I'm sorry to hear about this, Phil. I would be happy to escalate this to our Case Management Team, so they can investigate this for you. In order to do this, could I please have your contact number, email and postal address?

I gave them these days old and they said this would be escalated immediately, so watch this space....

So after reading about someone who has a 199 on order from Breeze Poole getting a video update and confirmed build date of week 6, I’ve just been on the chat again. I’m really annoyed that through no fault of mine we are now having to panic over it being delivered by the end of March to qualify for the “no deal” tariff freeze.

I asked the chat for an update and got the usual reply of “no build date, try again next week”, so this is how I replied......

I keep getting told the same thing every week!!! 204 engines are being built from week 6 and we ordered on 11 September, so why haven’t we been allocated to week 6 yet? The tax offer from VW stated that the vehicle must be delivered by the end of March. If we don’t get week 6 that is looking highly unlikely! What happens if there’s no trade deal done and our Cali arrives in April? We have to pay thousands more!?? That’s not fair as I’ve heard of other 199 Cali buyers now getting a confirmed date of week 6 from their dealer. Why are we being penalised for something completely out of our control??? I am very unhappy about this situation.

I'm sorry to hear about this, Phil. I would be happy to escalate this to our Case Management Team, so they can investigate this for you. In order to do this, could I please have your contact number, email and postal address?

I gave them these days old and they said this would be escalated immediately, so watch this space....
Fingers crossed for you. Sounds quite stressful. Hope they sort it and it doesn’t spoil the experience of purchasing your new Cali.

The text on the Volkswagen.co.uk website says:

“*We guarantee not to pass on any post-Brexit tariffs to orders placed with your Retailer before 17.30 on 2 December 2020. Retail customers only. Excludes Motability. Subject to taking delivery on the date communicated by the Retailer. Talk to your Retailer for full details. Final price is at the discretion of your Retailer.”

So basically you need to take it when they tell you to take it. That is the same as Cali Chris said in his video wasn’t it? I know the DTD original post was different and stated March but what I posted above is what is on the VW website

Before giving them a hard time, you need to re-read the detail..... ‘31 March 2021 or within 28 days of the initial consignment if the vehicle arrives in the UK after 3 March 2021’

Before giving them a hard time, you need to re-read the detail..... ‘31 March 2021 or within 28 days of the initial consignment if the vehicle arrives in the UK after 3 March 2021’
That’s how I understood it too; not sure where the end March cut off has come from?
That said have had nothing from my dealer at all on it, which is disappointing. They know it’s a big thing for their customers and you would have thought that an email out confirming/giving the detail really wouldn’t be too difficult.
I was told last week that no one with a 199/204 order has a delivery date as yet but not sure how those who ordered earlier are fairing.

I’m only going on what my dealer has said - he said it’s end of March or 28 days after arrival - whichever comes first!!!
Do you have a link to the statement that says about the 28 days at all? I can’t find it anywhere.
For what it’s worth I also think I should be giving them a “hard time” - throughout this whole process so far I have been doing all the chasing. Not one phone call or email update from VW since ordering. Not very impressive when spending almost £70k

It was on the drive the deal website initially; this is from another thread on here. What’s lacking IMHO is any clarity from VW themselves. A quote on DtD doesn’t hold any value at the end of the day. Dealers need to clarify with customers what is being offered, and what isn’t. My order is in, and the deal is much better than DtD, but I’ll happily walk away and reorder if the price protection isn’t clarified.
1605038844666.jpeg

It was on the drive the deal website initially; this is from another thread on here. What’s lacking IMHO is any clarity from VW themselves. A quote on DtD doesn’t hold any value at the end of the day. Dealers need to clarify with customers what is being offered, and what isn’t. My order is in, and the deal is much better than DtD, but I’ll happily walk away and reorder if the price protection isn’t clarified.
View attachment 69168
Cheers Kernowboy. Yes, I agree 100%. This is all a bit of a farce which could’ve been avoided had VW been more attentive to their customers.

This is the info from VW website. No mention of end of March date.

We guarantee not to pass on any post-Brexit tariffs*

*We guarantee not to pass on any post-Brexit tariffs to orders placed with your Van Centre before 17.30 on 2 December 2020. Retail customers only. Excludes Motability. Subject to taking delivery on the date communicated by the Van Centre. Talk to your Van Centre for full details. Final price is at the discretion of your Van Centre.

*We guarantee not to pass on any post-Brexit tariffs to orders placed with your Van Centre before 17.30 on 2 December 2020. Retail customers only. Excludes Motability. Subject to taking delivery on the date communicated by the Van Centre. Talk to your Van Centre for full details. Final price is at the discretion of your Van Centre.
Cheers Camp5. I think I’m going to talk to my dealer and get him to guarantee no price increase whatever the delivery date. It was him that said it needs to be done by end of March or 28 days, whichever comes soonest. If he can’t give me that guarantee I might as well cancel and reorder with a dealer that can!!

Good find. This wasn’t on the VW commercial website 24hrs ago; good to see.

Are you sure he has a confirmed build date Phil or have Breeze just spun with what everyone else seems to know the date that 204's begin assembly week6/21. As we all have seen no one gets a confirmed build date until a week or two before it actually goes on the line.

Start a thread for 204 buyers who are waiting The 204 Club and get a definitive response. I suspect your man has a provisional date of week 6 because that is all anyone knows.

Cheers Camp5. I think I’m going to talk to my dealer and get him to guarantee no price increase whatever the delivery date. It was him that said it needs to be done by end of March or 28 days, whichever comes soonest. If he can’t give me that guarantee I might as well cancel and reorder with a dealer that can!!
Interesting following this Phil as we ordered the same week as you and similar spec. It all seems a bit of a buggers muddle at the moment.... hope VW pull their finger out soon and we have some clarity.

Are you sure he has a confirmed build date Phil or have Breeze just spun with what everyone else seems to know the date that 204's begin assembly week6/21. As we all have seen no one gets a confirmed build date until a week or two before it actually goes on the line.

Start a thread for 204 buyers who are waiting The 204 Club and get a definitive response. I suspect your man has a provisional date of week 6 because that is all anyone knows.
Yes you’re probably correct Wogga. It was a post on a Facebook group.

Interesting following this Phil as we ordered the same week as you and similar spec. It all seems a bit of a buggers muddle at the moment.... hope VW pull their finger out soon and we have some clarity.
It would be nice for some clarity for sure!

It’s telling that a post about 6.1 Order Delays is now at 1,000 replies o_O (I just realised that when checking my last reply). 50 pages and 1000 replies is amazing. Is this a record on here?!

It’s telling that a post about 6.1 Order Delays is now at 1,000 replies o_O (I just realised that when checking my last reply). 50 pages and 1000 replies is amazing. Is this a record on here?!
No. You haven't read the T5 and T6 Roof Corrosion Thread.

Gutted just got off chat, my week 43 is still on the line this is the fourth week on the line, it must of started on the line at 4pm Friday week 43 :D I got some more info of Morak this time. According to Brand Support it is at point 7 of production and there are eight points of production. Try again next week I guess :-(

Gutted just got off chat, my week 43 is still on the line this is the fourth week on the line, it must of started on the line at 4pm Friday week 43 :D I got some more info of Morak this time. According to Brand Support it is at point 7 of production and there are eight points of production. Try again next week I guess :-(
If its at Point 7 of 8 it would suggest it has completed the Transporter production line and is at the Hanover California production line where the roof and habitation side of things are fitted.

Back