Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi Bill I ordered my Cali...199...4 Motion on the 17 August and I still have no idea when I might get a build date or delivery or if there will be duty applied due to a no deal brexit so don’t hold your breath ...it is astonishing that VW can treat someone like this when they are spending £72k plus on one of their vehicles. It must be heading towards the top price of any VW....on their list but how much will it actually cost me when it arrives.....maybe I should roll some dice!!
I take comfort from all the stories and pictures members take on their travels and know my day will, come in 2021 when I can share with those in the queue so we all keep smiling not long now ......!

I ordered our new Ocean on 8 Dec knowingly beyond the 2 December deadline for price protection. I wanted a place in line and was given assurances by the dealer I could get my deposit back if a no deal brexit resulted in a 10 percent price increase. However, I’ve just seen a VW UK twitter postView attachment 70659ing that’s suggests I’m protected from tarrifs because our order was prior to year end. Am I right to be assured? Or is there still a risk here?
I saw this too but small print was retail only. The previous ads were for VW Commercial

We're all retail buyers though (other than the dealers on here of course) and "Commercial" is just the business segment that VW choose to sell camper vans through, as opposed to their car segment. So this tweet is aimed at the (wo)man in the street looking to buy a camper van for his/her own use.

A tweet should stand up in court if necessary... I'd generally prefer something more robust but writing is writing.

Order away y'all.

Just heard Germany going into total lockdown on Wednesday until 10th January, Hopefully going to work will be allowed to continue, their death rates are going through the roof.

TBH, given the delays and these promises, if they try and charge me £5.5k extra I will be asking for my deposit back. How many waiting for orders will actually pay rather than walking?
Tough question, I'll be gutted either way. Suspect used values would rise on that news...

Had a conversation with VW on line today, nothing new to report still no build date although they did say build of vehicles with 204 engine commences week 6 Which I think we all know. No mention of delays due to lockdown but they also said build dates will be based strictly on date order was placed, mine was ordered on the 17 August and they suggested that because of this the build should be high on the list. We shall see on about 2 weeks when they say dates will be announced. I wonder if Santa VW will let us know on Christmas Day now that would be a nice present.....but don’t hold your breath!!!

Had a conversation with VW on line today, nothing new to report still no build date although they did say build of vehicles with 204 engine commences week 6 Which I think we all know. No mention of delays due to lockdown but they also said build dates will be based strictly on date order was placed, mine was ordered on the 17 August and they suggested that because of this the build should be high on the list. We shall see on about 2 weeks when they say dates will be announced. I wonder if Santa VW will let us know on Christmas Day now that would be a nice present.....but don’t hold your breath!!!
Amazed they say they will allocate in order when they havent this year...

Yes it is - yours too?
Yes, I have Week 49 too. But last checked on Monday and it was still in build - estimated to be completed mid next week...looks like yours was very speedy build and shipment...not long to go now!

Current procedures seem to indicate that the factory confirms build weeks a week or two before the start, it wouldn't surprise if they stick to that procedure because that is what the the flow chart says. I honestly think they will release the dates week 4 or 5/21.

Not long now but I feel your frustration as the info wasn't available at the point of order for you to make an informed decision. How many may of not ordered or gone for a 150 if they knew?

Yes, I have Week 49 too. But last checked on Monday and it was still in build - estimated to be completed mid next week...looks like yours was very speedy build and shipment...not long to go now!
I genuinely think the build weeks are random - in theory ours took less than 2 weeks to build, but I’m not sure that’s possible. When did you order and do you have any specific extras?

My week 49 has been sat at Emden waiting for a boat to Sheerness since the 11th so definitely less than a two week build. No more boats to Sheerness until next week now so slim possibility of a pre-christmas landing on these shores.

My week 49 has been sat at Emden waiting for a boat to Sheerness since the 11th so definitely less than a two week build. No more boats to Sheerness until next week now so slim possibility of a pre-christmas landing on these shores.
The Malacca Highway docks at Sheerness this evening. Double check with VW Chat, yours may be onboard. Happened with mine, one chat agent said it was still at Emden, the next said it was on the ship. I think there’s a slight time lag with their systems being updated.

I genuinely think the build weeks are random - in theory ours took less than 2 weeks to build, but I’m not sure that’s possible. When did you order and do you have any specific extras?
I ordered end of October so was assigned the build week very quickly comparing to others.

As for extras that could affect the build, we ordered a tow bar and a shower connection.

It all seems very random...most of the people who ordered in October have build week in 2021 so I am not complaining just makes me wonder why some vehicle are built in less than 2 weeks and others 4 weeks - quality check issues maybe ?

Are you sure it's going to Sheerness - we though that too and tracked the Mallaca Highway with excitement - next thing we knew - it was already in Grimsby!

I ordered end of October so was assigned the build week very quickly comparing to others.

As for extras that could affect the build, we ordered a tow bar and a shower connection.

It all seems very random...most of the people who ordered in October have build week in 2021 so I am not complaining just makes me wonder why some vehicle are built in less than 2 weeks and others 4 weeks - quality check issues maybe ?
I agree that with an end of October order, you are doing really well! :)

Just checked with Beth on VW chat. Ours week 49 is still status 20. The factory is closing down for 2 weeks on Monday and she could not guarantee that it will move to the next status before the closure. Looks like January/February delivery for me - time to relax :)

Are you sure it's going to Sheerness - we though that too and tracked the Mallaca Highway with excitement - next thing we knew - it was already in Grimsby!
Dealer in Crawley so, yes, pretty sure.

I ordered a 150 on 8 October and still don’t have a provisional build week (I have had week 51 and then 25 January, both now withdrawn...). So makes me sceptical when they say they’ll allocate 204 build weeks strictly in order of when orders were placed. There are clearly other reasons for allocation of build date.

The Malacca Highway docks at Sheerness this evening. Double check with VW Chat, yours may be onboard. Happened with mine, one chat agent said it was still at Emden, the next said it was on the ship. I think there’s a slight time lag with their systems being updated.
So I've just had a chat with Beth and my van IS on a boat!!! I'm guessing it's the Malacca Highway currently 5/6 hrs from Sheerness. Thanks for the advice (borne of your own impatience I'm sure). Celebratory takeaway tonight I think!!

Ive just enquired with VW Chat about my week 51 build & theyve confirmed its being built, when asked about anticipated dealer delivery date they state thats uncertain due to Covid delays etc.

Back