Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just been onto chat again - they state its in build & because factory only opened today after holidays to check back in 2 weeks time.
Since first ordering back in October Ive not received one iota of contact from my dealer!
I had the same response today Jenny. The van wasn't completed before the Christmas break and to check back in 2 weeks.
And I have to contact my dealer, they don't contact me

I managed to get through to VWC yesterday and received the usual message "try again in 2 weeks". I ordered at end September and confirmed order on 5th October. I don't know how some people are getting provisional dates, It's getting more and more frustrating when some of those dates are pushed out to May when I haven't even got a provisional date yet.

Does anyone know if the VW Chat is offline? I've been really good and not asked for an update since the beginning of December :-|
They are not always available. The bubble usually pops up, but I guess n
I managed to get through to VWC yesterday and received the usual message "try again in 2 weeks". I ordered at end September and confirmed order on 5th October. I don't know how some people are getting provisional dates, It's getting more and more frustrating when some of those dates are pushed out to May when I haven't even got a provisional date yet.
So frustrating Russell. I hear build weeks will be allocated for 204s from week 6, so hopefully clarity for you then

They are not always available. The bubble usually pops up, but I guess n

So frustrating Russell. I hear build weeks will be allocated for 204s from week 6, so hopefully clarity for you then
For what it's worth the provisional build would appear to mean very little anyway. Until they move it from Status 10 to Status 20, it's not confirmed. I really struggle to see any difference between Status' 00 & 10 tbh. Would appear to mean nothing at all, when they can push it back 10 weeks at the drop of a hat.

For what it's worth the provisional build would appear to mean very little anyway. Until they move it from Status 10 to Status 20, it's not confirmed. I really struggle to see any difference between Status' 00 & 10 tbh. Would appear to mean nothing at all, when they can push it back 10 weeks at the drop of a hat.
Whats status 20? Mine is just turned this

Don’t think anyone has a provisional date for the 204 as yet, only for the 150. Presumably the 204s will have been allowed for and will be filtered in from week 6 (which I think remains the start week) once they sort the engine build/details out and not just put to the end of the queue. At the moment the delay is entirely consistent with what I was told by my dealer at time of order (Oct) with an expectation of delivery late Mar/Apr, and supported by weekly updates from them.

Whats status 20? Mine is just turned this
00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

Hi all, After reading about the flurry of delays in this and other threads over the last few days, I checked the status on my order yesterday via VW Chat. The response was (as expected) an unconfirmed build date of week commencing 3rd May (week 18).

I ordered on 3rd Nov. 150 Ocean. The original
ETA was end of March for delivery but I guess it will now slip out towards end of June if this build week is confirmed.

Don’t think anyone has a provisional date for the 204 as yet, only for the 150. Presumably the 204s will have been allowed for and will be filtered in from week 6 (which I think remains the start week) once they sort the engine build/details out and not just put to the end of the queue. At the moment the delay is entirely consistent with what I was told by my dealer at time of order (Oct) with an expectation of delivery late Mar/Apr, and supported by weekly updates from them.
Sounds like a good dealer
Who is it?

Hi all, After reading about the flurry of delays in this and other threads over the last few days, I checked the status on my order yesterday via VW Chat. The response was (as expected) an unconfirmed build date of week commencing 3rd May (week 18).

I ordered on 3rd Nov. 150 Ocean. The original
ETA was end of March for delivery but I guess it will now slip out towards end of June if this build week is confirmed.
Hi Marc, seems odd doesn't it? Plenty of us, all been bumped back a similar amount of weeks. Maybe, at some stage, someone will get a chat operative who is a bit more forthcoming with the reason behind it all.

Breeze Poole. Thus far they have been excellent.
Agree had a call from Tom at Breeze yesterday advising of the position, or none, at least I’m kept up to date.

Hi Marc, seems odd doesn't it? Plenty of us, all been bumped back a similar amount of weeks. Maybe, at some stage, someone will get a chat operative who is a bit more forthcoming with the reason behind it all.
Debbie blamed the 199 to 204 switch delaying the 150s, which doesn't make much sense. (mine was ordered 14th Nov, first a provisional week 7, now provisional week 21).

If you “kick off” about it (in a polite way!) they will offer to get their Brand Support people involved. I did this and got more information and sympathy from a nice lady, but sadly still no build date.
It seems the 150’s are being pushed back so they can fulfil the 204 orders? I’m hoping that’s the case (sorry to anyone waiting for a 150). I ordered my 199/204 in September. No sign of a build date as yet, provisional or not. Very frustrating. As is trying to find out any information or spec of the new 204 engine.

If you “kick off” about it (in a polite way!) they will offer to get their Brand Support people involved. I did this and got more information and sympathy from a nice lady, but sadly still no build date.
It seems the 150’s are being pushed back so they can fulfil the 204 orders? I’m hoping that’s the case (sorry to anyone waiting for a 150). I ordered my 199/204 in September. No sign of a build date as yet, provisional or not. Very frustrating. As is trying to find out any information or spec of the new 204 engine.
After enquiring about my build dates, I started to complain (politely) and got no response in chat.

Morning @PhilR, i have sent an email to Guy today to request something from the dealer (have heard nothing since early November) before i go back on VW Chat, not that i expect any further detail from them just yet. I too am secretly hoping that VW are creating a window with which they can fulfil the delayed 199/204 builds, sorry to those waiting for 150's.
Just got to hope they have finally found an engine with the right level of emission and performance and that this is able to be rolled out to their anticipated timeline. Who knows, we may even be able to enjoy some fresh air this year.
Just hope they can keep the factory rolling and that they can keep staff safe and well in the process.

I agree with all you have said, I have tried all tactics but no joy. I have driven BMW for many years and still do have an X5 which I am selling when the Cali arrives which will act as our tow car for our caravan to expand our options. This is my 5th X5 and I have found BMW to be be a brilliant brand to deal with and it has shown to me how poor VW are at customer support. I fear for the future if I have any problems with my new vehicle I can see life will be a battle if I have any issues. It is a fear I should not have on a £70k plus vehicle.
The one and only consolation is that we are all in lockdown so would be unable to enjoy our new purchase to the full at the moment, plus we will all get it on the 2021 plate which I didn’t expect when I ordered it last August 17th.
I wonder also in respect of the engine data if VW are worried about releasing information as they are still not certain of the performance and are worried about another legal challenge down the road if they are found to be fudging the figures.

With lots of 150's now pushed back until the end of May, we won't be far off the MY22 changes ! Some will be looking for a slightly longer delay to grab the updates.

I agree with all you have said, I have tried all tactics but no joy. I have driven BMW for many years and still do have an X5 which I am selling when the Cali arrives which will act as our tow car for our caravan to expand our options. This is my 5th X5 and I have found BMW to be be a brilliant brand to deal with and it has shown to me how poor VW are at customer support. I fear for the future if I have any problems with my new vehicle I can see life will be a battle if I have any issues. It is a fear I should not have on a £70k plus vehicle.
The one and only consolation is that we are all in lockdown so would be unable to enjoy our new purchase to the full at the moment, plus we will all get it on the 2021 plate which I didn’t expect when I ordered it last August 17th.
I wonder also in respect of the engine data if VW are worried about releasing information as they are still not certain of the performance and are worried about another legal challenge down the road if they are found to be fudging the figures.
It seems we are in a very similar place - we have previously had 3 BMW group vehicles and currently have an X5 that we are switching for the Cali. I totally agree at the difference in customer support experience.

I've got a 199/204 on order. With previous cars I've always had the view that it's best not to buy a new model as soon as it comes out on the grounds that it's best wait until the initial 'bugs' and common faults have been sorted out. Although the 6.1 platform has been out for a while, I'm starting to have doubts about the wisdom of being amongst the first to have the 204 engine. Anyone else have similar concerns?

I'm another BMW owner who's had 5 years of totally fault-free motoring and excellent customer service and I'm starting to have my doubts about VW!

I've got a 199/204 on order. With previous cars I've always had the view that it's best not to buy a new model as soon as it comes out on the grounds that it's best wait until the initial 'bugs' and common faults have been sorted out. Although the 6.1 platform has been out for a while, I'm starting to have doubts about the wisdom of being amongst the first to have the 204 engine. Anyone else have similar concerns?

I'm another BMW owner who's had 5 years of totally fault-free motoring and excellent customer service and I'm starting to have my doubts about VW!
Personally I wouldn’t worry. Where are your doubts coming from?

Personally I wouldn’t worry. Where are your doubts coming from?
Nothing specific, but in a previous life I used to develop engine management systems for diesel cars and trucks and know first hand how complex the emission control stuff is and how long it takes to get it working reliably.

My doubts stem from the lack of real information from VW they do not seem to care about looking after customers and keeping them informed. So it is not unreasonable to think that they will adopt the same position should there be any problems once our vehicles arrive. Just look at the most up to date brochure, they now mention of the 204 engine but with NO technical data.....for what it’s worth they still list the 199 engine but to my knowledge it does not meet EU or UK standards. How can customers have confidence in what they say and what they do.

My doubts stem from the lack of real information from VW they do not seem to care about looking after customers and keeping them informed. So it is not unreasonable to think that they will adopt the same position should there be any problems once our vehicles arrive. Just look at the most up to date brochure, they now mention of the 204 engine but with NO technical data.....for what it’s worth they still list the 199 engine but to my knowledge it does not meet EU or UK standards. How can customers have confidence in what they say and what they do.
And their price lists still quote RDE1 and RDE2 models even though you can't buy a RDE1 model, oh and prices have been put up again. £66409 for a 150 Ocean anyone?

Back