Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I guess this is the total number of commercial-type vehicles they are expecting. Mines a 150 Coast which seems to be a format VW have pushed through in December looking at other posts.
I was thinking that they could be 199's late arriving, which would have given a registration problem. They can't be 204's, as they aren't expected to start being built till after build week 6. So supposedly they are all 150's like yours. That would answer the question.

My cw50 150 has stalled at status 20. They have supply chain issues, as you would expect at the moment.
Many suppliers in the automotive industry are struggling with reduced capacity due to illness and insolvencies.
I'm not too bothered. Was expecting delays anyway.
They confirmed yesterday that my CW51 Coast is still in build. No reason given other than it went into build 14/12 and is still there, they did say the factory was closed only a few days over Christmas, no big 2 week closure.

They confirmed yesterday that my CW51 Coast is still in build. No reason given other than it went into build 14/12 and is still there, they did say the factory was closed only a few days over Christmas, no big 2 week closure.
Lots of chat on another thread about provisional dates now being pushed back by 10 weeks. (Us included). I was told by VWC today that our provisional build date has been bumped to 31st May having been ordered 30th November. So 6 months plus the build/ship weeks from the order date.

Lots of chat on another thread about provisional dates now being pushed back by 10 weeks. (Us included). I was told by VWC today that our provisional build date has been bumped to 31st May having been ordered 30th November. So 6 months plus the build/ship weeks from the order date.
Stu@rt OMG 10 weeks ! That's pants, I guess the only other option is to cancel and buy dealer stock or used. Personally I'd sit and wait it out to get your perfect van, your time will come

Stu@rt OMG 10 weeks ! That's pants, I guess the only other option is to cancel and buy dealer stock or used. Personally I'd sit and wait it out to get your perfect van, your time will come
Yeah. Was only prompted to contact online chat again after reading about others saying the same. I only contacted them a week before Xmas and was told March 22nd. Today its 31st May. Big push back eh?

Yeah. Was only prompted to contact online chat again after reading about others saying the same. I only contacted them a week before Xmas and was told March 22nd. Today its 31st May. Big push back eh?
Are you going to wait it out ? I would as used and dealer stock prices are just going to get inflated even more. Very frustrating though...

Are you going to wait it out ? I would as used and dealer stock prices are just going to get inflated even more. Very frustrating though...
I've read about some people buying used vans while they wait for their new van, perhaps another option if you want one for spring ?

I guess so, but after dithering and researching for well over a year and eventually getting brave enough to place the order in November, I'd stopped the daily check of classifieds and autotrader. Started again today after the online chat! But you are right....nothing that is the same 'value' as being patient. Not even sure when too much eta slippage is enough to justify a cancellation without forfeiting the deposit. Just need to sit tight and hope it might get bumped fwd a bit #wishfulthinking

If you buy from dealer stock or used then it will be a compromise on the spec you want plus with some mileage and will probably cost more than the one on order! Wait a couple of months extra and you will get your van so still the best option imo.
Wishing you an earlier build date than expected!

Is it possible that VW sets most of the orders (due a lack of pieces) to 31/05? We ordered a Coast in Belgium in June, and last week the delivery date changed from January to week 21/2021!

If you buy from dealer stock or used then it will be a compromise on the spec you want plus with some mileage and will probably cost more than the one on order! Wait a couple of months extra and you will get your van so still the best option imo.
Wishing you an earlier build date than expected!
Thank you.

Is it possible that VW sets most of the orders (due a lack of pieces) to 31/05? We ordered a Coast in Belgium in June, and last week the delivery date changed from January to week 21/2021!
Wow. That's a bit of a shock eh? But I like your positive thinking and hope that you're right. Good luck.

Does anyone know if the VW Chat is offline? I've been really good and not asked for an update since the beginning of December :-|

Just chatted with Luke - no assigned build date for our 199/204 Ocean ordered 22nd September.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the VW Chat is offline? I've been really good and not asked for an update since the beginning of December :-|
Funny thing is i tried all day yesterday without Success then by chance the little bubble turned up. Bottom right of the web page at. 21.55 which was a surprise

I ordered early November. Had a provisional week 3. That's been changed to week 18. Shame!

I think if VW came clean and were open and honest about the manufacturing situation then its clients would respect their problems more and understand their issues. I ordered a 199 4 motion in mid August and I have still no idea when it might be built. I don’t know of any manufacturing company with a full order book who don’t plan way ahead....that is other than VW who seem incapable of that. For what’s it’s worth I have been told delivery dates will be issued week 6 which interestingly is the date when they start to fit the new 204 engine god knows what that list will tell us. One further point is no one knows the technical spec of the 204 engine as it has not been released.....how are people buying a £70k plus vehicle with that engine if they don’t know its performance ....I am staggered they VWs attitude....perhaps it’s because they is no viable competition.

I think if VW came clean and were open and honest about the manufacturing situation then its clients would respect their problems more and understand their issues. I ordered a 199 4 motion in mid August and I have still no idea when it might be built. I don’t know of any manufacturing company with a full order book who don’t plan way ahead....that is other than VW who seem incapable of that. For what’s it’s worth I have been told delivery dates will be issued week 6 which interestingly is the date when they start to fit the new 204 engine god knows what that list will tell us. One further point is no one knows the technical spec of the 204 engine as it has not been released.....how are people buying a £70k plus vehicle with that engine if they don’t know its performance ....I am staggered they VWs attitude....perhaps it’s because they is no viable competition.
That is pretty poor eh? Are you getting any regular updates from the dealer at all?

That is pretty poor eh? Are you getting any regular updates from the dealer at all?
they do keep in touch but to be honest I don’t think they have any more information than me plus I contact VW chat occasionally but only get the same message my order is accepted but no build date has been allocated.

I’ve also been given a provisional build week of Week 18. I ordered at the beginning of November.

Whats the latest on your order Jenny? How close are you now?
Hi Stuart - when I contacted them yesterday they said my build commenced on 14th Dec as scheduled & to contact again today for a better update.
I saw that youd finally taken the plunge!
Well done - the wait will be well worth it Im sure

Just been onto chat again - they state its in build & because factory only opened today after holidays to check back in 2 weeks time.
Since first ordering back in October Ive not received one iota of contact from my dealer!

Just been onto chat again - they state its in build & because factory only opened today after holidays to check back in 2 weeks time.
Since first ordering back in October Ive not received one iota of contact from my dealer!
That sounds really positive @Jenny H Exciting times ahead eh? Don't forget, we need photos! I'll be keen to see the flooring upgrade for sure.

That sounds really positive @Jenny H Exciting times ahead eh? Don't forget, we need photos! I'll be keen to see the flooring upgrade for sure.
Really not getting excited just yet as so much poo in life to sort out!
But must get my act together soon re purchasing the necessary stuff & not just the pretty stuff!
Of course photos will be forthcoming & yes just for you Stuart the floor!!!

I read delivery is normally 6 weeks after build so that takes it to the end if Jan, likely it will be later than that because of Christmas delays, I hoping so anyway, would prefer it Feb time but will be happy to just get my van

Back