Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Mine sat at Sheerness for over three weeks! If you're still impatient your option now would be to push with the dealer now to expedite delivery... they can influence the priority of transportation but you'll need to ask. Not sure about transporter delivery to home address... most have contracted with local companies to get someone to drive the vehicle to a purchaser's home address. Enjoy!
I'm not impatient, not at all. I'm happy to let the process take it's course.
By transporter, they were referring to a small one I think, like a recovery vehicle.

Just been on VW Chat & update is -
Thanks for waiting. I can confirm that your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 15th of January 2021, which is of course today. Orders can be at the Port Of Exit for up to 10 working days before being put on a ship.
Yikes better get shopping!!!!

Just been on VW Chat & update is -
Thanks for waiting. I can confirm that your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 15th of January 2021, which is of course today. Orders can be at the Port Of Exit for up to 10 working days before being put on a ship.
Yikes better get shopping!!!!
Fantastic !

Fantastic !
Thanks Stuart, hopefully everything might start shifting now.
Christmas & Brexit will have held everything up for sure but at least we dont have the worry we had months ago of the import duty so thats a positive!
Off to do some online shopping !!!

Update on my order. Ordered end of October. Confirmed build week 49 (30th Nov) and it has been in build since then (7 weeks!!!)...just asked VW chat and apparently it is in his final stage and the status should change soon but I was told the same last week too...

Hopefully lockdown will end by the time it gets to the dealer :)

I was in chat Friday night and really pushed hard for answers but the guy was struggling and asked if I wanted my complaint pushed up the line, which I did and today a customer services manager called me to let me know they are looking into the issues I raised. Don’t know why he needed to do that as my issues are the same as everyone else’s here, when will my order be built and what is the performance figures for the 204 engine. To his credit he did say he would go off and explore and get back to me in 2 or 3 days so we shall see what outcome I get. My main point was we are all frustrated by a lack of real information, the delivery will be what it is but just give us real updates so we can plan VW. I will let you all know if I get any worthwhile news.
Well today I had my call back from VW customer services...I hoped my questions would be answered, but how wrong could I be. They have no confirmed dates as to when any 204 vehicles are to be built nor do they know if they are actually starting on week 6 as had been suggested. They also have no information on the status and actual specification of the 204 engine even though the acknowledged that it is now priced in their 2021 brochure but with all data TBA .....so clients are expected to place a circa £70k order with an incomplete vehicle specification. As you would expect I berated them for treating valued customers in this was and in effect all he could do is apologise for really telling me nothing. He could not comment when I quoted things posts on here about some people having provisional dates or anything about the engine designs or the suggested problem with the California being too heavy to enable VW to prove compliance to the RDE2 standard. So I am sorry to have to report that I failed and I am no further forward. I feel we need to maintain pressure on VW to give us more information so the more people pushing for answers through VW chat might result in a response, but who knows.

As it turns out yes, fingers crossed. Early March collection / delivery would be cool
I'm sure the dealer would let you register on 1 March if it was delivered early

Well today I had my call back from VW customer services...I hoped my questions would be answered, but how wrong could I be. They have no confirmed dates as to when any 204 vehicles are to be built nor do they know if they are actually starting on week 6 as had been suggested. They also have no information on the status and actual specification of the 204 engine even though the acknowledged that it is now priced in their 2021 brochure but with all data TBA .....so clients are expected to place a circa £70k order with an incomplete vehicle specification. As you would expect I berated them for treating valued customers in this was and in effect all he could do is apologise for really telling me nothing. He could not comment when I quoted things posts on here about some people having provisional dates or anything about the engine designs or the suggested problem with the California being too heavy to enable VW to prove compliance to the RDE2 standard. So I am sorry to have to report that I failed and I am no further forward. I feel we need to maintain pressure on VW to give us more information so the more people pushing for answers through VW chat might result in a response, but who knows.
Well at least you had a call back that is some progress. I was starting to think that the build weeks coming, out for the 204’s were actually just holding weeks, meaning that they simply do not know when they are going to be hard allocated which does now seem to be the case. I think everyone in this forum might actually get them at the same time the way things are going.

I'm sure the dealer would let you register on 1 March if it was delivered early
When I emailed my dealer today to ask that he said they usually insist on it collected within 21 days of arrival at the dealers - not sure if mines at port of Exit how long the journey will take etc. but seeing as lockdown wont be lifted until the earliest middle of Feb might just scrape in that 21 days.

When I emailed my dealer today to ask that he said they usually insist on it collected within 21 days of arrival at the dealers - not sure if mines at port of Exit how long the journey will take etc. but seeing as lockdown wont be lifted until the earliest middle of Feb might just scrape in that 21 days.
HI Jenny, give them an unconfirmed collection week, then change it backwards and forwards several times with no explaination. Then collect at your leisure that should work fine for them as it seems to be the normal way of dong things it seems.

HI Jenny, give them an unconfirmed collection week, then change it backwards and forwards several times with no explaination. Then collect at your leisure that should work fine for them as it seems to be the normal way of dong things it seems.
Sorry, had to reply as that is the best / funniest comment on this topic I have seen. Thank you for making me smile today :thanks

Went onto VW chat today re my order for ocean 4motion confirmed factory recieved order no built date yet . Advised to get intouch in 2 weeks fingers crossed

While waiting for our beach build scheduled for week 10 now from week 6, checked the website to look for a price on an ocean (second hand price check) and discovered that 204s have been removed from the options. Seems to be the same in some other countries which could be a clear indication of issues.

Our dealer said that adding an electric roof to our config before Xmas caused a delay due to availability of roofs, no idea how true this is, but still hoping to see our build delivered by early April. Our dealer has 4 orders, currently showing week 6, 7, 10 and 12 but all of these are 150 4motion so could be a patern.

While waiting for our beach build scheduled for week 10 now from week 6, checked the website to look for a price on an ocean (second hand price check) and discovered that 204s have been removed from the options. Seems to be the same in some other countries which could be a clear indication of issues.

Our dealer said that adding an electric roof to our config before Xmas caused a delay due to availability of roofs, no idea how true this is, but still hoping to see our build delivered by early April. Our dealer has 4 orders, currently showing week 6, 7, 10 and 12 but all of these are 150 4motion so could be a patern.
Didn’t realise they built a 150 4motion

There’s loads of configurations that we don’t get in the uk, 4 motion beaches, 150 4 motions ( used to be able to get 140 4 motion). The coast itself is a recent addition to the uk.

Didn’t realise they built a 150 4motion
Worth taking a look at the configurator in other languages and see what U.K. doesn’t get. Majority of Ocean spec in U.K. are options in Europe. What made it interesting is the 204 engine as the U.K. only option is missing (currently) in Europe which does make U.K. lead times hard to believe currently.

Worth taking a look at the configurator in other languages and see what U.K. doesn’t get. Majority of Ocean spec in U.K. are options in Europe. What made it interesting is the 204 engine as the U.K. only option is missing (currently) in Europe which does make U.K. lead times hard to believe currently.
So you can’t currently place an order for a 204 engine in Europe?

So you can’t currently place an order for a 204 engine in Europe?
Not on the local configurator I checked today, haven’t looked everywhere, maybe other Europe based members can comment

There’s loads of configurations that we don’t get in the uk, 4 motion beaches, 150 4 motions ( used to be able to get 140 4 motion). The coast itself is a recent addition to the uk.
...‘Edition’ spec and all sorts of paint colours. Realise I’m in the minority but I’d be interested to know why there’s such divergence. The dealers in the U.K. seem so detached from VW - no idea what’s going on. But you’d think VW would want to make customers happy and spend more money, so why not let them have a 150 4motion if they want?

Because they can make them spend even more & pay for the bigger engine as well

Because they can make them spend even more & pay for the bigger engine as well
Doesn’t the same apply to continentals too?
(Might equally put a U.K. buyer off 4motion?)

Back