Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

...‘Edition’ spec and all sorts of paint colours. Realise I’m in the minority but I’d be interested to know why there’s such divergence. The dealers in the U.K. seem so detached from VW - no idea what’s going on. But you’d think VW would want to make customers happy and spend more money, so why not let them have a 150 4motion if they want?
Suspect it is a LHD vs RHD volume issue. Would imagine that there are some complications building the RHD van and therefore VW U.K. do a deal with the factory and then allow a limited amount of modifications.

used to see the same thing with all cars in the Middle East, dealers would determine the options from the factory and order that spec, no choice for the customer to decide. That was driven by market size.

@Tarquers , other than the changes in driversside there’s not much difference in a LHD and a RHD Cali.
They are both build on thesame line in the factory amongst the other vans random on the build line also other RHD T6 Transporter on thesame line.
Can’t see that beeing the issue of RHD Cali’s beeing Agree it is not a case for RHD
Agree it’s not a case for RHD causing delays, that comment was about limiting the choices in the U.K. market. Would be interesting to know if you can see the 204 engine option in Belgium currently, that was the direction my original observations were going in.

Not on the local configurator I checked today, haven’t looked everywhere, maybe other Europe based members can comment
The 204 is no longer available on the confuserator in Spain. The 150 is, with DSG, 4Motion and without.

So you can’t currently place an order for a 204 engine in Europe?
Got mine in early Nov. No 204 engine though its 199 according to the dealer and MY21 even if delivered between Sept and Nov. Thats what the dealer is telling me......

^ I mean got my order in and accepted by VW.

...‘Edition’ spec and all sorts of paint colours. Realise I’m in the minority but I’d be interested to know why there’s such divergence. The dealers in the U.K. seem so detached from VW - no idea what’s going on. But you’d think VW would want to make customers happy and spend more money, so why not let them have a 150 4motion if they want?
Seems like they're spending plenty even with limited options...... Everyone cancel your orders and maybe you in the UK will get treated nicely......

Agree it’s not a case for RHD causing delays, that comment was about limiting the choices in the U.K. market. Would be interesting to know if you can see the 204 engine option in Belgium currently, that was the direction my original observations were going in.
No 204's in Europe. They are 145kW 198HP. Still able to configure Coast Edition 198HP 4motion Pure Grey, which was my choice.

It does seem odd there would be two versions of the 198/204 engine in production at the same time. Are the emissions requirements stricter eg two cats, for UK spec Cali's, hence the higher HP? Or are EU buyers getting shafted for a change?

590C9BD8-C54B-44E4-A1E9-01CA86B7C2BB.png150 of 110 hp only available in Poland currently. DSG, 4motion etc available to choose.

So contacted vw chat and my Coast which started being build in week 51 (14 Dec) is still in build. Reason is there is a missing component and they don't know when they are going to get it. When I said I knew of another person with a Coast with the same build date (Jenny H) that has been shipped he just said there must have been none of said component left by the time they got to mine.
Anyone else had a build week later than mine but the build has been completed ?

So contacted vw chat and my Coast which started being build in week 51 (14 Dec) is still in build. Reason is there is a missing component and they don't know when they are going to get it. When I said I knew of another person with a Coast with the same build date (Jenny H) that has been shipped he just said there must have been none of said component left by the time they got to mine.
Anyone else had a build week later than mine but the build has been completed ?
Oh no thats annoying but Im sure they will be prioritizing it if all but finished apart from component.
I dont think there would be a build week 52 as that would be Xmas week & then I dont think they start building until week 6 but may be wrong. Fingers crossed it gets finished soon which Im sure it will.

Oh no thats annoying but Im sure they will be prioritizing it if all but finished apart from component.
I dont think there would be a build week 52 as that would be Xmas week & then I dont think they start building until week 6 but may be wrong. Fingers crossed it gets finished soon which Im sure it will.
Thanks Jenny H it was just the bit about the fact that they do not know when the component is arriving that concerns me, doesn't sound very imminent !

Thanks Jenny H it was just the bit about the fact that they do not know when the component is arriving that concerns me, doesn't sound very imminent !
No but from a business point of view they surely wont let a £55k vehicle waiting for one component hang around too long - I remember you wanted to delay until 1st March for the 21 registration, I bet you have it by then!

Just been reading about car makers (including VW) struggling to get supplies of semiconductors.

From The Telegraph:

"Volkswagen Group, which owns Audi, Seat and Skoda, has furloughed more than 10,000 staff because of the shortages.

In an interview with the FT, Audi boss Markus Duesmann said production of some of the premium brand’s cars would be delayed because of the “massive” shortage of semiconductors.

He added the chip shortage was a “crisis upon a crisis”, with the automotive industry having been rocked by the impact of the pandemic on sales and its supply chain.

Volkswagen Group, the world’s largest carmaker, said production would drop by 100,000 in the first quarter, while Mr Duesmann hopes to limit the fall to 10,000 fewer cars in the Audi marque."

Yet another thing likely to result in more delays!

Thats disappointing and maybe partly why I dont get a buildweek on my ordered car...:headbang

Just been reading about car makers (including VW) struggling to get supplies of semiconductors.

From The Telegraph:

"Volkswagen Group, which owns Audi, Seat and Skoda, has furloughed more than 10,000 staff because of the shortages.

In an interview with the FT, Audi boss Markus Duesmann said production of some of the premium brand’s cars would be delayed because of the “massive” shortage of semiconductors.

He added the chip shortage was a “crisis upon a crisis”, with the automotive industry having been rocked by the impact of the pandemic on sales and its supply chain.

Volkswagen Group, the world’s largest carmaker, said production would drop by 100,000 in the first quarter, while Mr Duesmann hopes to limit the fall to 10,000 fewer cars in the Audi marque."

BBC News - Chip-shortage 'crisis' halts car-company output

• Informative
Reactions: Sad
Resisted the temptation to chase online chat for a few weeks, but got the better of me just now. Been bumped back yet another week. Our Coast ordered 28th Nov, now has a provisional build week 23 (7th June), so I guess that means mid August at the dealers? Was convinced the additional 10 weeks that had been added a few weeks ago was a worse case scenario and I was all set for that to have been reduced - not extended again. Not holding out for the summer now.

Resisted the temptation to chase online chat for a few weeks, but got the better of me just now. Been bumped back yet another week. Our Coast ordered 28th Nov, now has a provisional build week 23 (7th June), so I guess that means mid August at the dealers? Was convinced the additional 10 weeks that had been added a few weeks ago was a worse case scenario and I was all set for that to have been reduced - not extended again. Not holding out for the summer now.
I feel for you it was bad enough waiting 3 1/2 months!!

From The Telegraph:

Doesn't sound good at all :talktothehand

I also hoped that it was a blip that would be brought forward but mine seems to have settled (but still unconfirmed) on week 20. Ordered 14th Nov.

Promised myself not to contact chat again for a month now!

Promised myself not to contact chat again for a month now!
likewise - Servers no real purpose eh?
Just ends up with you back on auto trader looking for something that doesn't exist.
i.e. a van with the spec you ordered, for the price you negotiated & available now.
Keep the patience. It will be worth the wait.

Back