Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Anyone know what the lead time is on a new order at the moment?
VW told me 6 months in Sept 20 but made a point that this was an estimate. Unfortunately, this question is currently equivalent to “how long is a piece of string”... depending on the model anywhere from 12 weeks to 12 months.

View attachment 72679

anybody spot theirs? grimsby docks
Nice one Jim did you take that with your own drone

We ordered a Bay Leaf Green Ocean 199/204...4 motion in mid August and still have NO build date so treat with suspicion any build date a dealer gives you, it might just be to get the order....my dealer told me that the targets VW have given their commercial dealers has increased considerably for this year. It all sounds very strange to me !!

View attachment 72679

anybody spot theirs? grimsby docks
Problem with those pictures is that they aren't live. Can be months out of date.
Check your own home area for recent house changes or vehicles parked.
eg my house has no Cali and dried out grass areas as per last summer.

Attention 204PS orders,

Checked in with VW chat for my bi-weekly “update”. Today the story was more precise: “No build week allocated - please contact your dealer to alter your specification due to weight issues on the 204 builds - possibly the 80L fuel tank”.

Contacted Dealer he is aware but not followed up and changed any orders yet, but said it was coming.

I’ll be calling Monday to scrub the 80L fuel tank option off.

Seems the previous weight rumour has crystallised now.

Mine is a 204 4Motion Ocean - ordered 24/09/20.

Cheers,

SB

Well i got an update and my week 51 build is still in production. Next week is going to be its 7th week in build :rolleyes: looks like yours was 8 weeks Camp5, any reason given ? Reason i was given was Covid and Christmas shutdown causing a backlog, well it seems my van is at the very back of that log ! They seemed pretty confident it will be completed in the next week or so, so happy with that. Can't complain too much seeing the delays people are seeing on here..
Similar reasons given: covid delays causing component delays issues. Last week I was told that they have started to see orders from previous weeks moving through and that they working through the backlog to get that cleared. Mine was Week 49 so I believe yours will be finished soon. Ours spent 8 weeks in the factory.
I think we are very lucky anyway reading other comments. We ordered end of October.

VW told me 6 months in Sept 20 but made a point that this was an estimate. Unfortunately, this question is currently equivalent to “how long is a piece of string”... depending on the model anywhere from 12 weeks to 12 months.
We were told 6 months when we ordered our 150 mid September and it’s arrived at the van centre. Seems to be a lottery !

Attention 204PS orders,

Checked in with VW chat for my bi-weekly “update”. Today the story was more precise: “No build week allocated - please contact your dealer to alter your specification due to weight issues on the 204 builds - possibly the 80L fuel tank”.

Contacted Dealer he is aware but not followed up and changed any orders yet, but said it was coming.

I’ll be calling Monday to scrub the 80L fuel tank option off.

Seems the previous weight rumour has crystallised now.

Mine is a 204 4Motion Ocean - ordered 24/09/20.

Cheers,

SB
Well I had my date brought forward yesterday and reconfirmed no weight issue with both VW and my dealer. So somebody somewhere is telling stories.

Well I had my date brought forward yesterday and reconfirmed no weight issue with both VW and my dealer. So somebody somewhere is telling stories.

Have you ordered the 4Motion? If not you won’t have the weight issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ordered the 4Motion? If not you won’t have the weight issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I have 4 motion with diff lock so about the heaviest combination possible also with towbar. VW chat, the dealer and brand support all confirmed no issue with weight. Yet some people are being told otherwise.

Similar reasons given: covid delays causing component delays issues. Last week I was told that they have started to see orders from previous weeks moving through and that they working through the backlog to get that cleared. Mine was Week 49 so I believe yours will be finished soon. Ours spent 8 weeks in the factory.
I think we are very lucky anyway reading other comments. We ordered end of October.
We are lucky! I ordered a month before you so yours has gone through very quick even with the delay in build.

Yes I have 4 motion with diff lock so about the heaviest combination possible also with towbar. VW chat, the dealer and brand support all confirmed no issue with weight. Yet some people are being told otherwise.
I have the diff lock too (but only tow bar prep). I will see what the feedback is Monday at dealer level - I’m not expecting it to be as simple as - do nothing or delete the fuel tank and we’re off.

Who knows!

Excuse my ignorance here, but what does "week 16" or "week 49" mean? Is that the number of weeks after placing the order? We ordered ours in October and have had no updates on ours. Should we have been given a build week and if so what does that mean? Sorry for being naive!

Excuse my ignorance here, but what does "week 16" or "week 49" mean? Is that the number of weeks after placing the order? We ordered ours in October and have had no updates on ours. Should we have been given a build week and if so what does that mean? Sorry for being naive!
It’s the week in the year Sarah (1-52)

Ah ha, simple. Thank you!
And yes you ‘should’ have been given a build week, and I’d say if you get in touch with VW commercial chat (just give them your order number) you will have a ‘provisional build week’. But I ordered 8 October and have had 6 provisional build weeks (code10), none confirmed (code20) so, I’m not sure checking with chat has been worth the highs and lows over the months tbh. Your dealer will call you when the week is confirmed.
VW chat

Have you been online at VW Chat to check the status of your order?

Ah ha, simple. Thank you!
And yes you ‘should’ have been given a build week, and I’d say if you get in touch with VW commercial chat (just give them your order number) you will have a ‘provisional build week’. But I ordered 8 October and have had 6 provisional build weeks (code10), none confirmed (code20) so, I’m not sure checking with chat has been worth the highs and lows over the months tbh. Your dealer will call you when the week is confirmed.
VW chat
Very helpful, thank you. I'm sorry for your emotional rollercoaster, I suspect I'm about to embark on the same horrible journey.....

Have you been online at VW Chat to check the status of your order?
Just checked with them, no build date and she has been hearing of build dates for middle of this year. Oh well, all the best things come to those who wait.

Just checked with them, no build date and she has been hearing of build dates for middle of this year. Oh well, all the best things come to those who wait.
I have to agree with 66tim99... possibly the cruelest thing to do was point you in the direction of VW Chat. A rollercoaster of elation and despair. I too have gone from provisional week 10 to provisional week 23 over the course of weekend earlier this month - only to find four days later that it had gone from bad to worse, slipping to week 24. When all feels lost, a further check two weeks later.. back a smidge to provisional week 22 then a 'quick check' last Friday and hey presto....back to provisional week 10. Was it really worth knowing?

I have the diff lock too (but only tow bar prep). I will see what the feedback is Monday at dealer level - I’m not expecting it to be as simple as - do nothing or delete the fuel tank and we’re off.

Who knows!
Update:

Our Dealer has confirmed there are weight issues on 204PS Ocean 4Motion builds dependent on Options selected, he has been advised by VWCV this morning that he has 4 orders since Sep 20 (ours being one of them) that require amendment due to "order error" and need reviewing on the internal order system to identify which of the combinations puts the vehicle overweight. He cited; 80L tank, wooden floor, bed extension, mudlfaps(!) and 4 other options (undefined) as those causing issues. We have Sport Pack and Diff Lock and Shower that could be in the remaining 4.

204's start in week 8 he also mentioned.

He is doing the re-order today with his boss and we agreed to close this out by tomorrow.

His view was that a re-order for this issue should not result in "going to the back of the queue" for a build week.

That's as much as i know - for my vehicle order. Many other build week delays may just be caught up in volume/covid issues.

Cheers,

SB

Back