Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Braved the VW chat today and just been told that I have confirmed build week of next week!! Hopefully this doesn't change. Only 10 days ago they had a provisional build week of 17
Great news. What have you ordered?

T6.1 Coast, Starlight Blue, Devonports, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Comfort Mattress, Interior Light Concept, Front Fogs & Panoramic Bellows.
Just looked back through your posts. Looks like you ordered early Nov, so 3-4 weeks earlier than us. So given all the shuffle and reshuffle of provisional dates, that sounds like a right result. I am still going to resist contacting them for an update for a few weeks yet. But who knows, might get a pleasant surprise.

Just looked back through your posts. Looks like you ordered early Nov, so 3-4 weeks earlier than us. So given all the shuffle and reshuffle of provisional dates, that sounds like a right result. I am still going to resist contacting them for an update for a few weeks yet. But who knows, might get a pleasant surprise.
That's right, we ordered 2nd Nov. I've had several dates given to me by VW and by the dealer. The worst one was provisional build week in mid-April.

I am just too impatient not to ask and now really glad I did. I just hope that it doesn't change again.

That's right, we ordered 2nd Nov. I've had several dates given to me by VW and by the dealer. The worst one was provisional build week in mid-April.

I am just too impatient not to ask and now really glad I did. I just hope that it doesn't change again.
Its great news and gives some of us a bit of hope that the summer might not be totally lost after all.

Its great news and gives some of us a bit of hope that the summer might not be totally lost after all.
Hopefully they start to get through some orders now. Then just need to be allowed out again otherwise this summer's holiday will be on the drive!

Update:

Our Dealer has confirmed there are weight issues on 204PS Ocean 4Motion builds dependent on Options selected, he has been advised by VWCV this morning that he has 4 orders since Sep 20 (ours being one of them) that require amendment due to "order error" and need reviewing on the internal order system to identify which of the combinations puts the vehicle overweight. He cited; 80L tank, wooden floor, bed extension, mudlfaps(!) and 4 other options (undefined) as those causing issues. We have Sport Pack and Diff Lock and Shower that could be in the remaining 4.

204's start in week 8 he also mentioned.

He is doing the re-order today with his boss and we agreed to close this out by tomorrow.

His view was that a re-order for this issue should not result in "going to the back of the queue" for a build week.

That's as much as i know - for my vehicle order. Many other build week delays may just be caught up in volume/covid issues.

Cheers,

SB
Update:

My specification was re-ordered and the “error in structure” problem with my order resolved with the deletion on the 80l fuel tank option.

Case closed for me.

Had to laugh when I asked - “next steps?”

“We just have to wait for the factory to confirm the build week”

Update:

My specification was re-ordered and the “error in structure” problem with my order resolved with the deletion on the 80l fuel tank option.

Case closed for me.

Had to laugh when I asked - “next steps?”

“We just have to wait for the factory to confirm the build week”
That was my situation too for a LHD 199 Coast 4motion with tow bar, wood effect floor, shower. Eliminating 80L tank was enough.

Has anyone installed a 80L tank post delivery?

Just had update and confirmation email from Autoebid today that our Cali is with Dealer and asking if we would like delivery in Feb or prefer to wait till March. No need to negotiate waiting for the new plate now which is good news !

Well I have just been given an unconfirmed build date of week 10.....could this be light at the end of the tunnel

Well I have just been given an unconfirmed build date of week 10.....could this be light at the end of the tunnel
Hope I am not speaking too soon but also no mention of a spec change being needed to reduce weight

Hope I am not speaking too soon but also no mention of a spec change being needed to reduce weight
Really hoping these are signs of light at the end of the tunnel. I too had a provisional build week 10 last Friday. It moved straight back to week 23 yesterday. It would be lovely if we had news of somebody actually having a 204 confirmed build in the next month!!!!

Really hoping these are signs of light at the end of the tunnel. I too had a provisional build week 10 last Friday. It moved straight back to week 23 yesterday. It would be lovely if we had news of somebody actually having a 204 confirmed build in the next month!!!!
Goodness, I won’t get too excited then...I ordered mine mid August so I would hope I am high up the list but who knows

Goodness, I won’t get too excited then...I ordered mine mid August so I would hope I am high up the list but who knows
I'd expect you to be top of the list for goodness sake! I ordered in September. If you'd ordered in July surely you'd have got a 199 and had it delivered last year! I'm hoping next week VW will genuinely start building the 204's as promised, someone will get a confirmed date (which sticks) and all this agony will end....

I'd expect you to be top of the list for goodness sake! I ordered in September. If you'd ordered in July surely you'd have got a 199 and had it delivered last year! I'm hoping next week VW will genuinely start building the 204's as promised, someone will get a confirmed date (which sticks) and all this agony will end....
Debbie in chat suggested I check back Friday to see there had been any firming up...not sure I dare...lol

Debbie in chat suggested I check back Friday to see there had been any firming up...not sure I dare...lol
That's exactly what Mustapha said to me on Friday. I got trampled on and kicked to the pavement.

Fingers crossed this is the news we have been waiting for. I am in the week 10 club too, hopefully will stay there or even improve.
I ordered at the end of sept. Chat did say they had confirmed

Fingers crossed this is the news we have been waiting for. I am in the week 10 club too, hopefully will stay there or even improve.
I ordered at the end of sept. Chat did say they had confirmed
Sorry pressed too early, chat said they have confirmed the engine performance and spec but unable to provide me with them. They will be in the brochure soon apparently. Anyone else got any details?

VE chat advised today that we have a provisional build week 24.

Order was accepted by factory on the 02/12/20.

Hi Russell great to hear what did you order
Hi, California Ocean 199 PS (204) 4 Motion Ascot Grey, 17" Woodstock, 80L Tank, Discover Media Pro, Shower connection.

VE chat advised today that we have a provisional build week 24.

Order was accepted by factory on the 02/12/20.
That's what we have been told now: week 23 but we ordered on 21/9/20 and order accepted 2/10/20! It's all a shambles.

Last week we had provisional W16 build, now no provisional date.
I was just getting hopeful. No need now I guess.

Back