Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hey Russell I have got week 9 confirmed now w/c 1 September...wow a confirmed build date and my COVID jab what a great day!,
At last! This is all reassuring stuff for the 204 brigade.

Last week we had provisional W16 build, now no provisional date.
I was just getting hopeful. No need now I guess.
VW chat said the 204 build weeks are being re-arranged in date order, so are going back to status 00 before being assigned a confirmed 20 from week 6.

We ordered ours 17 August
ahhh, this is what Beth said:

I am aware that they recently were moving around build weeks as we had a backlog from over Christmas and New Year combined with COVID. They have been putting them into order based on those who ordered sooner, so we have been advised that these may shuffle round a bit.

VW chat said the 204 build weeks are being re-arranged in date order, so are going back to status 00 before being assigned a confirmed 20 from week 6.
We have a status of 10, does that just mean provisional and then 20 is confirmed? Excuse my ignorance!

We have a status of 10, does that just mean provisional and then 20 is confirmed? Excuse my ignorance!
I think 10 is unconfirmed and 20 confirmed ...people with better brains here through...on Tuesday mine was an unconfirmed week 10 this evening it’s a confirmed 9 so keep at them although the factory decides I guess

Copied from threads over the centuries:

VW California Status codes:

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week schedule
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer

39 = Vehicle on ship
Weird numbering...but they are German

39 = Vehicle on ship
Fantastic, that highlights my laziness in not searching 1st. Thank you. This is a steep learning curve, who knew there was so much to learn?

Fantastic, that highlights my laziness in not searching 1st. Thank you. This is a steep learning curve, who knew there was so much to learn?
I think all any of us want is a confirmed build date the rest is process.....better clean my X5 up ready for sale...... I hate cleaning cars

I hope this is right. Just checked mine, gone from provisional week 23 last week to no build week today. Ordered early Oct. Have been here before with week 10 going to week 24 then back to no build week before the week 23. So it’s great that a couple seem have progressed, hopefully a good sign. But I’m not holding my breath.

I hope this is right. Just checked mine, gone from provisional week 23 last week to no build week today. Ordered early Oct. Have been here before with week 10 going to week 24 then back to no build week before the week 23. So it’s great that a couple seem have progressed, hopefully a good sign. But I’m not holding my breath.
Genuinely confident that this is the storm before the calm - we've all been through that week 10, 22,23, 24 back to 10 then back to 24. If we hadn't kept checking every week, we'd be none the wiser. Back to 00 means......(20)confirmed build week coming soon!?!?!??!

Genuinely confident that this is the storm before the calm - we've all been through that week 10, 22,23, 24 back to 10 then back to 24. If we hadn't kept checking every week, we'd be none the wiser. Back to 00 means......(20)confirmed build week coming soon!?!?!??!
Maybe VW have been spying on the forums to test the mood of their buyers..!!

Yep, the couple of confirmed weeks sounds positive; don’t think that’s been the case before. Have been trying hard not to get updates but the flurry of good news this evening broke me...Need a spreadsheet to keep up really!

I was told to check back on Monday, which implies they are expecting frequent updates. . . Or not.

I've got a confirmed week 9 for my mid-Sept ordered 204/4-motion - so that is the first time it has moved to confirmed status.

Theres some oversensitive moderation going on here if we are not even allowed to mention BMWs
Sorry. Wasn’t meant to be over sensitive. This ‘forum coordinator’ felt some of the comments were become quite personal against a member. Which is not acceptable.

I wish I hadn’t checked. My week 10 on Monday is now a no build. Mustapha could not understand why, so I got the “I will check with brand support and email you tomorrow”. Why oh Why did I bother checking I was quite happy with a provisional week 10 is was my second best date in all the times I have asked so I was going to wait till week 9 before checking again..... I am such a fool......

Back