Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Sorry this was a joke, most of our roads look like this

Potholes-in-Kent-928398.jpg

We collected our Cali Coast today - an hours drive from home.
I didnt go through my long checklist as I was too overwhelmed & excited, together with the social distancing issue, but have started ticking that off from home.
First impressions are -
Its very very smart - the wood floor is fab with the brushed oak cabinets.
So much easier to drive than anticipated with good all round vision.
The space feels huge & so much storage too.
Bizarrely relieved still in lockdown as its going to take me weeks to navigate everything!
Have popped the top & yes the manual lifting takes some muscle power but hoping it becomes easier over time.
One thing I noticed having popped the top was along the roof channel what looked like blue tack sporadically down both sides - emailed the dealer who didnt know initially but upon checking all the other Coasts its the same but not in the Ocean due to the electric roof.
Very pleased & feeling very blessed :)

View attachment 74677
very happy for you jenny, wooden floor is one of the things i have ordered on my ocean and really thankful for your pictures, one question , in the description they say " wooden floor with plastic lining" , no idea what they mean but does it feel like wood and is it actually wood? im sure it may be like wooden vinyl or something but either way i cant wait to see it , take care and have some great fun with your stunning new toy
!

very happy for you jenny, wooden floor is one of the things i have ordered on my ocean and really thankful for your pictures, one question , in the description they say " wooden floor with plastic lining" , no idea what they mean but does it feel like wood and is it actually wood? im sure it may be like wooden vinyl or something but either way i cant wait to see it , take care and have some great fun with your stunning new toy
!
Thank you Jim - its wood effect but plastic - if youve ordered the Ocean it will be the darker colour - its super smart & easy to clean, yes Im sure it will mark but so will everything.

!
Hi Jim, it is not clearly described on the configurator (Like so many other options).
We have specc'ed it on our Coast order, having not seen it in the flesh, so to speak; hence me hassling @Jenny H for her pictures.

This video from California Chris shows the wooden floor (OSB or similar) under the "wood effect" vinyl at around the 60 sec mark.

I assume that this wooden liner is not there on the standard floor, hence the other chats on other threads about this option adding around 5kg in weight.

The reason why we added it to our order was purely asthetics, wanting the floor to match the Coast's ( light oak units. I am not sure what benefit the wood under the "wood effect plastic liner" would add?
Maybe reduced road noise? Just guessing?

Hope that helps? It is wood, but under the wood effect covering.

Hi Jim, it is not clearly described on the configurator (Like so many other options).
We have specc'ed it on our Coast order, having not seen it in the flesh, so to speak; hence me hassling @Jenny H for her pictures.

This video from California Chris shows the wooden floor (OSB or similar) under the "wood effect" vinyl at around the 60 sec mark.

I assume that this wooden liner is not there on the standard floor, hence the other chats on other threads about this option adding around 5kg in weight.

The reason why we added it to our order was purely asthetics, wanting the floor to match the Coast's ( light oak units. I am not sure what benefit the wood under the "wood effect plastic liner" would add?

cheers stuart ! i chose it mainly as it was a pleasant alternative to the oarge plastic area which was great dont get me wrong but it just added i think another level of luxurious feel to it ? :)

cheers stuart ! i chose it mainly as it was a pleasant alternative to the oarge plastic area which was great dont get me wrong but it just added i think another level of luxurious feel to it ? :)
I saw the Ocean version on a showroom model and have to agree it gives a "pop" and nice "wow factor". Couldn't find a Coast with it, to look at, so took a punt on it, based on the few online pics I could find. Hope you don't have to wait too long to take delivery of your Ocean.

I saw the Ocean version on a showroom model and have to agree it gives a "pop" and nice "wow factor". Couldn't find a Coast with it, to look at, so took a punt on it, based on the few online pics I could find. Hope you don't have to wait too long to take delivery of your Ocean.
lol me too already been through the having a build slot then they taken it away, have just resigned myself to saying it arrives when it does , it will still be an a amazing present whatever time of year it comes but so want it to come for mid summer , thats the dream anyways .... ;)

Is it like a laminate flooring, so a composite MDF type base, With a plastic or resin type wood effect patten on the top?

Ohh 2 tone paint nice! Ours is arriving at the dealers Monday or Tuesday and they are going to send me a video, we are very excited, it's been a long winter and a long time coming
Is it with you yet?!?

Is it with you yet?!?

Is it with you yet?!?
No not yet :( still at the UK port but expected to be delivered to Liverpool van centre this week. It feels like my van was put on the slow train, production line and ship ... on top of all that our village is having major gas works done and we've no access to our driveway and it's looking like it's going to be that way for a few more weeks !!

No not yet :( still at the UK port but expected to be delivered to Liverpool van centre this week. It feels like my van was put on the slow train, production line and ship ... on top of all that our village is having major gas works done and we've no access to our driveway and it's looking like it's going to be that way for a few more weeks !!
Oh no how frustrating that its so nearly here then you cant get it on your driveway :headbang
I suppose at least that will coincide with lockdown travel lifting I think - cant keep up with it all !

Oh no how frustrating that its so nearly here then you cant get it on your driveway :headbang
I suppose at least that will coincide with lockdown travel lifting I think - cant keep up with it all !
Yes it's very frustrating but then, like you said we are still in lockdown anyway :-/

I bet in the car compound in Grimsby.... I could look over the fence but there are so many their impossible to pick yours out sadly.....they do seem to be slow moving though

I bet in the car compound in Grimsby.... I could look over the fence but there are so many their impossible to pick yours out sadly.....they do seem to be slow moving though
It's been there about 10 days, but the dealer contacted me this morning and said it should arrive tomorrow. It came out of the factory over 5 weeks ago now, such a painfully slow process.

It's been there about 10 days, but the dealer contacted me this morning and said it should arrive tomorrow. It came out of the factory over 5 weeks ago now, such a painfully slow process.
Wow that’s a long time to ship and deliver....assuming it arrives tomorrow do you have a collection date yet

Wow that’s a long time to ship and deliver....assuming it arrives tomorrow do you have a collection date yet
Yeah i was hoping it would get over here a bit quicker but everything seemed to take a bit longer than the estimates, e.g vans normally wait at the port for 7-10 days but mine was there two weeks etc.
We've arranged delivery for a week on Friday now

We've just been told our week 8 build has been delayed as the factory had to temporarily close...

We've just been told our week 8 build has been delayed as the factory had to temporarily close...
That’s bad news my 204...4motion was to be built starting week 9...what did you have on order

for everyone’s information I have just been onto VW chat and they tell me our vehicle is currently in build and it will be completed on the 15th March, then a likely 4 week period to UK port ( hopefully Grimsby as I live near there) so we may get it around middle of April. They will update me if I go back to them on the 15th.......so everything crossed here!!!

Back