Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Did you speak to VW chat as they suggested to me there were no delays, certainly on my Ocean but no one knows what the true situation is
Get comfortable Here we go again. I will not ask for an update they said it was very unlikely I could have a further delay so close to my production start so I am sticking with that update.

Get comfortable Here we go again. I will not ask for an update they said it was very unlikely I could have a further delay so close to my production start so I am sticking with that update.
Well fingers crossed for you....all this uncertainty drives you mad...lol

It was from Brand Support. The factory closed for a short time but has now reopened. We're still waiting on a chassis number from a week 8 build. Seems a bit odd but dealer is on it

I've just checked with the chat and it seems our week 9 build (Ocean 4Motion) is finished and at the port waiting to ship to the UK. Woo-hoo!
Lucky you, I am jealous keep us up to date with progress....hopefully mine will be following early next week

I've just checked with the chat and it seems our week 9 build (Ocean 4Motion) is finished and at the port waiting to ship to the UK. Woo-hoo!
Wow! That is quick?!?! Can one ask, what options did you choose? (My week 10 Ocean 4Motion build is currently in production, according to VW Chat)

Wow! That is quick?!?! Can one ask, what options did you choose? (My week 10 Ocean 4Motion build is currently in production, according to VW Chat)
Wood floors, upgraded stereo, heated windscreen, and shower are the main "build" bits. It does seem quite quick. Maybe it got pulled forward a week from 9? I didn't actually check, it has to be said...

Wood floors, upgraded stereo, heated windscreen, and shower are the main "build" bits. It does seem quite quick. Maybe it got pulled forward a week from 9? I didn't actually check, it has to be said...
I was just wondering because I always have this sneaking suspicion that when a number of tech based options are selected, such as driver assist packages and dynamic chassis control it slows down the build....but as you say, you didn’t select these and the factory could have just started earlier anyway!!

Last edited:
I was just wondering because I always have this sneaking suspicion that when a number of tech based options are selected, such as driver assist packages and dynamic chassis control it slows down the build....but as you say, you didn’t select these and the factory could have just started earlier anyway!!
Apparently it does slow down the build so I was told on Tuesday as mine has 22 options and is coming up to 4 weeks in build.

Could be...mine does a few gizmos on it still once you get it the memory of the delays will disappear I think, it stems from the unknown and the frustration that you can’t get your hands on your new toy....especially now the sun is starting to com out....well maybe not the today but soon!!

All you lucky peeps...hopefully mine shoots off the production line on its way to the port on Monday....but not counting my chickens yet...(actually I have 4 just in case anyone is interested.
Guess the selection and purchase of “bits” for our cali‘s should start. Anyone thinking about external treatments for their new toys.

This is so exciting to finally hear all the good news coming through! We have been told March build, I don't want to tempt fate by asking any further but so good to hear things are happening.

All you lucky peeps...hopefully mine shoots off the production line on its way to the port on Monday....but not counting my chickens yet...(actually I have 4 just in case anyone is interested.
Guess the selection and purchase of “bits” for our cali‘s should start. Anyone thinking about external treatments for their new toys.
Saw a few threads about treatments but I’m not sure they offer lasting benefits. I’m probably more worried about someone dinging the doors in a car park

Couldn't resist contacting VW chat today, had held off for a while not wanting to tempt fate, but....

According to chat our van went into production on 1st March as planned, so should be coming off the production line anytime now, vehicle QA check to follow, then transit to port of exit (Emden) by end of next week (if not earlier).

Hopeful we could have our van by mid-April :bananadance2

when did you guys order?

ive basically bought the shop! i think VW are working with all the suppliers to delay and then in anticipation we keep buying more kit and gadgets....

We should arrange a meet of all the long awaited Cali Ocean 204 2 & 4 WD owners at some point to compare notes on our campers..maybe get VW to provide the wine as a good will gesture...lol
i'm laughing about my lifetime membership....waiting a lifetime for the van to arrive!!!!

Back