Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hello all I was told by my supplier this morning that VW have advised them that future deliveries to dealers will be delayed by 2 weeks (does that mean 6 seeks from factory to dealer...who knows) ...not good news...last Monday I was told my Ocean should be off the production line by today but according to VWChat it is still code 20 so guess still in production...I thought the signs were that the delivery stream was improving but I am getting the feeling it has stalled again. Anyone got better news??

I honestly think that VW chat thing should be scrapped. It raises your hopes and what people forget is insurance, future planning, unnecessary waiting etc & it all goes up in the air when the dates move about.
I'm going to forget I ordered one and just act surprised when I get a call, albeit I'll have the settlement to sort...lol

I broadly agree, however it seems to differ based on who you get (typical of anywhere I guess)
I’ve spoken to someone called Debbie today who was very helpful.
Our California is in production this week, which can start any day between Monday and Sunday following and the build takes 10-14 days.
She also sent me the below timescales which allows me to make a best and worst case date prediction... I thought I’d share this as i found it helpful...

she also told me it is prudent to check back weekly as they get a weekly update...

9245393D-9F2F-4615-9281-9B5A5144CFE1.jpeg

I broadly agree, however it seems to differ based on who you get (typical of anywhere I guess)
Our California is in production this week, which can start any day between Monday and Sunday following and the build takes 10-14 days.
She also sent me the below timescales which allows me to make a best and worst case date prediction... I thought I’d share this as i found it helpful...

she also told me it is prudent to check back weekly as they get a weekly update...

View attachment 75183
[FONT=arial][SIZE=2]Mooreml1[/SIZE][/FONT] looks like we are on the production line together. Debbie is great and Beth is also very good, but i guess they are only as good as the information they receive.

I am happy to have finally made it to build stage. I have almost everything purchased, a few items still on
backorder but the majority are in my garage now. My Thule XT2 has been modified to fit "fingers crossed". I have three or four final items that i am awaiting delivery of the vehicle before i can get on with the final selection.
Outstanding on my wish list are currently.
1. Fitting a Ghost 2 and dashcams.
2. Window tints " never been inside a van in real life so want to see it before booking the full tints"
3. Seat covers or retrim as above will wait till its delivered to book but think i am going with the seat surgeons tekko fabric in grey and blue.
4. Wind deflectors, not sure what to go with on this point hence
haven't ordered yet.
5. Nebula capsule "i cant see it
really
getting used but want to have a play with it as its quite a nice concept"

With a few more weeks to go i think the list will have more things added as its very addictive.

Thanks

View attachment 75183
Thanks this is really helpful, we’re in build this week too.

View attachment 75183
It's taken 5 weeks from being told my van was at the port of exit in Emden until collection (this Friday) everything took the maximum wait at each stage, so go for 5 weeks and hopefully you won't be disappointed ..and maybe even nicely surprised :)

I have just been told my van arrived At the docks Tuesday and is awaiting shipment ....but that it is on priority due the length of time since ordering....so no collection date yet but significant progress

Look fabulous

Russell please let me know how it drives when you take is home..I don’t think I have seen any comment on a 204 ..4 motion yet so it would be great to know What you think

I have just been told my van arrived At the docks Tuesday and is awaiting shipment ....but that it is on priority due the length of time since ordering....so no collection date yet but significant progress

Look fabulous

Russell please let me know how it drives when you take is home..I don’t think I have seen any comment on a 204 ..4 motion yet so it would be great to know What you think
When I actually get myself behind the wheel I’ll post my initial thoughts. I drive a 4 Motion Tiguan at the moment so it will be interesting to see the 204 performance.

Well it’s almost here. My dealer has my van and we are just awaiting some paperwork before arranging collection.
Great news. Hope it’s perfect for you.
I see you ordered end of Sept. Could it be my 150 Ascot Grey Ocean will be delivered in April?!

Last edited:
Back