Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Oh dear, not good! I was hoping the 150’s were smoother sailing as they don’t get as much mention on here!

I’m bored of build month now lol! I want build week! The dealer has been really good with regular updates but I open each weekly email thinking is today the day, and it’s not . Very aware I’ve waited no where near as long as most so this isn’t a complaint, just very excited to get motoring!
At least you’re getting a weekly update... going a month and then calling and finding no change is a downer

No i never ever got to know my official queue number, my dealer said the list didn't exist at first, and by the time is existence was confirmed i had had a build week allocated, so i really have no idea what my official number is or was. I am still a little concerned that even though my build week has come and gone, that it might not mean anything and i wont find out till i next ask on the 29th if it has come out of the factory. For now i just have to assume it is in progress.
Would be more than hopeful now Dodge, I was build week 10, one week before and felt the same way you did last week. I contacted VW chat and the dealer yesterday and they both said the vehicle had moved to Status 30 as expected after 2 weeks of building and is in transit to port of exit. Both said should be at the dealers 3-4 weeks from now. It really does seem that vehicles are currently moving through well.

I've also been told to ignore vw chat

A few weeks ago all the vw Garages were given a list with what number in line each van was.

I ordered 31st December. I'm order number 333. Build June delivery July.

I have been told that they are now doing them in order number order to make it fair.

Hopefully this is correct but of course time will tell.
Hi Trudi -Interesting to read that - thanks :)

In case of interest, we ordered our Bay Leaf Green Coast on 16th Jan and have been given order number 350 for ours, build June, delivery (according to dealer estimate) end June/July... our vans will practically be sisters! :)
Mel

Hi Trudi -Interesting to read that - thanks :)

In case of interest, we ordered our Bay Leaf Green Coast on 16th Jan and have been given order number 350 for ours, build June, delivery (according to dealer estimate) end June/July... our vans will practically be sisters! :)
Mel
just realised your handle 'Melifornia' - thats superb. lol

Thanks. Can't believe it. Hope the others are here soon

Just wanted to give a forum update/reference for other members -

My build week 10 Ocean 4Motion has today, 2 weeks later, moved to Status 30 in transit from Factory to port. Despite the VW brand information recently about delays in the factory, the most recent builds appear to be moving though in the normal 2 week period on the whole? Do all recent builds agree?

Reference time-line:
Order acceptance at factory to actual build = 22 weeks
Build time = 2 weeks
Factory to dealership....?
Great news, congrats. Heard today that ours is being built next week and so likely to be with us before the end of April, well in time for the season! We ordered beginning of October and were told late March delivery. If the order went straight to the factory, which I doubt, I make that 26 weeks order to build. Now I just have our Trusty late Bay to sell

Did you ever get a number in the ‘queue’? Would be interesting to know where they’ve got to. Also, did you go from unconfirmed week 24 straight to confirmed build week, and who told you when that happened - dealer or chat?
I was number 90 in the queue and just got confirmed build week next week - week 13. 204 but not 4 motion

I was number 90 in the queue and just got confirmed build week next week - week 13. 204 but not 4 motion
I was number 64 on the list but no signs of any build date yet. I ordered last week Sept. I’m awaiting an update from the dealer as he gets updates every Saturday and Wednesday from VW. I was told I would have a March build date but so far nothing.

Great news, congrats. Heard today that ours is being built next week and so likely to be with us before the end of April, well in time for the season! We ordered beginning of October and were told late March delivery. If the order went straight to the factory, which I doubt, I make that 26 weeks order to build. Now I just have our Trusty late Bay to sell
Hi Hunchy, just a little info on my experience to date and i hope that it does not dampen your excitement....we ordered 17 August and were eventually given build week of week 9 mainly due to the 204 engine issues and it took the full 2 weeks in build before is was sent to Emden ready for shipping. It arrived on the 16th, beginning of last week and it still sat there awaiting it to be allocated a place on a ship...that is likely to take 2 weeks from its arrival I am told. Shipping is quick but it could then take 2 weeks to get it to the dealer for the dealer to do what they have do before it is ready for collection. So I think the overall process is likely to take 6 weeks min to 8 weeks max from start of manufacture. I really hope your experience proves to be better... I have found it frustrating to say the least but told it is typical !!!

Hi Hunchy, just a little info on my experience to date and i hope that it does not dampen your excitement....we ordered 17 August and were eventually given build week of week 9 mainly due to the 204 engine issues and it took the full 2 weeks in build before is was sent to Emden ready for shipping. It arrived on the 16th, beginning of last week and it still sat there awaiting it to be allocated a place on a ship...that is likely to take 2 weeks from its arrival I am told. Shipping is quick but it could then take 2 weeks to get it to the dealer for the dealer to do what they have do before it is ready for collection. So I think the overall process is likely to take 6 weeks min to 8 weeks max from start of manufacture. I really hope your experience proves to be better... I have found it frustrating to say the least but told it is typical !!!
Thanks @JandA , I’ll let this thread know what happens. I’m pretty relaxed about it tbh as was expecting late May which is the latest I need it. So fingers crossed.

Following this thread with interest! I've been given a queue number of 82 (out of 408 apparently, though I don't know what the 408 signifies...!). This is for a 204 4motion ordered in October. Dealer called yesterday to say the latest list from VW still showed that as being a March build date, so hopefully arriving sometime in April, but he doesn't have any more information than that.

@Hunchyfish - how was your build week confirmed - via the dealer or via chat?

Just an update to my 204 4-Mo order to help understand how things are moving - it is apparently now in the UK (Sheerness) - so I'm guessing it spent 7-10 days at Emden.

It's getting to the point where I need to start thinking about how to get it from the south of England to the south of Scotland as my original plan to fly down and drive it back is obviously a non-starter. Not sure the option of some poor sod driving it all the way really appeals (nor would the 450 miles on the clock) but that might be the only option.

Just an update to my 204 4-Mo order to help understand how things are moving - it is apparently now in the UK (Sheerness) - so I'm guessing it spent 7-10 days at Emden.

It's getting to the point where I need to start thinking about how to get it from the south of England to the south of Scotland as my original plan to fly down and drive it back is obviously a non-starter. Not sure the option of some poor sod driving it all the way really appeals (nor would the 450 miles on the clock) but that might be the only option.
Trains are running...

Long distance Trains seem to be pretty safe, I had a business meeting in Leeds the other day, weren't allowed on a platform without a ticket & allocated seat. Looked to be about 10 people per carriage.
Pretty different to the local commuter stuff.

Tubes if needed round London are ok out of peak times.

Need to book trains at least 2 weeks in advance to get a half sensible price. Also worth checking first class prices, sometimes cheaper than standard.

Last edited:

Would you consider delivery (for a price) on a low loader?

Yes, I think it’s only a 204 issue. VW insurance had to speak to their underwriters to find something similar to give me a quote. I may have kicked a chair but we’re not allowed in the dealers at the moment. At least I get to practice my manouevering in their van and not mine. Got to look on the bright side, others are having far worse issues. :)
Apparently it’s all 204 California’s which are affected. Mine is still stuck at the dealers awaiting them to be able to tax it

Would you consider delivery (for a price) on a low loader?
Yes - if it was an option, I'd go for that and in absence of a low loader, I guess I would reluctantly accept someone driving it.

Current travel restrictions mean that I can't pick it up personally for some time yet, so my main priority would be to get it ASAP as from the 2nd April, we're allowed to move around freely in our local authority areas and as I live in a very large, rural LA, there will be plenty of opportunity for some cheeky overnighters in quiet spots to test things out ahead of wider easing towards the end of April.

Anyway - it's not at the dealers yet and as above, plenty of scope for delays - so it might not be an imminent decision :)

Yes - if it was an option, I'd go for that and in absence of a low loader, I guess I would reluctantly accept someone driving it.

Current travel restrictions mean that I can't pick it up personally for some time yet, so my main priority would be to get it ASAP as from the 2nd April, we're allowed to move around freely in our local authority areas and as I live in a very large, rural LA, there will be plenty of opportunity for some cheeky overnighters in quiet spots to test things out ahead of wider easing towards the end of April.

Anyway - it's not at the dealers yet and as above, plenty of scope for delays - so it might not be an imminent decision :)
FYI - I've ordered with Listers Warwickshire (through Autoebid) and 2 previous forum members, also with Listers, have mentioned that they had the option for a low loader. One decided to have a driver deliver it for free (300ish miles). The other paid to have it brought on a low loader (150ish miles)
....I think I'm going to go for the low loader option.

Hire a car for a one way trip using one of the national car rental companies?

Just make sure it can be taxed before you commit to travelling. I’m still awaiting confirmation from my dealer that they have managed to tax my 204 4-Motion, after a wasted trip earlier this week.

In Scotland, it's basically going to remain "illegal" to cross the border for non-essential stuff for another month at least - so regardless of mode of transport, it's not happening. It's going to need delivered one way or another.

At the moment, I'm just relieved it's made it to England - I'm sure we'll work something out when the time comes :)

In Scotland, it's basically going to remain "illegal" to cross the border for non-essential stuff for another month at least - so regardless of mode of transport, it's not happening. It's going to need delivered one way or another.

At the moment, I'm just relieved it's made it to England - I'm sure we'll work something out when the time comes :)
If it's at Sherness then it'll probably be ready in 2 weeks ish. I don't understand the rules, we can't cross borders but someone could drive it from Englnad to Scotland and return back to England ??

If it's at Sherness then it'll probably be ready in 2 weeks ish. I don't understand the rules, we can't cross borders but someone could drive it from Englnad to Scotland and return back to England ??
Whoever is delivering it can say it's their job and that's allowed as far as I understand it. I'll be happier once we can all travel again come late April/Early May and everything gets a bit simpler to understand.

We are in the same boat. I'll go halfers on a low-loader!

Following this thread with interest! I've been given a queue number of 82 (out of 408 apparently, though I don't know what the 408 signifies...!). This is for a 204 4motion ordered in October. Dealer called yesterday to say the latest list from VW still showed that as being a March build date, so hopefully arriving sometime in April, but he doesn't have any more information than that.

@Hunchyfish - how was your build week confirmed - via the dealer or via chat?
@cps26 i just called the dealer. I had to call though. I don’t think I’ve been proactively called or emailed since October! He checked and called me back. The code had changed. Good luck with yours.

Whoever is delivering it can say it's their job and that's allowed as far as I understand it. I'll be happier once we can all travel again come late April/Early May and everything gets a bit simpler to understand.
A driver delivered my Coast the other week, not crossing borders though and he got a train home, I can't see what difference it makes though from me picking it up!

Back