Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Not heard of any Oct ordered 204 4Mo orders being built as yet or having confirmed weeks given, possibly other than the one just posted above - but looks like that was ordered in September, bit unclear. If it helps any I ordered 2nd week of Oct and am consistently told by the dealer that it will be built in April. VW chat are still providing random changing ‘provisional’ build weeks, which change frequently - the latest being week 24. The dealer says to ignore VW chat completely, they are working from different lists; but curiosity gets the better of me frequently.
My dealer says the same - VW Chat should not be approached for order updates, they don't have access to the latest information.
I've avoided Chat for a month, and my dealer emailed this this morning about my 150 ordered 8 October "is still in line for April build and I'm hoping for firm clarification later today"...

Ha our messages must have crossed paths while posting. This is the bit where I can tell I'm going to get grumpy. Our 4motion 204 order was accepted Oct 1 and I still don't have a build date, while other dealers have managed to do a better job of getting their customers ahead in the line.
I don't think my dealer has done much, if anything, to push delivery. It has mainly been us contacting VW Chat then relaying what's happening to them! There don't seem to be any clear reasoning why some are sooner and others are later.

I've also been told to ignore vw chat

A few weeks ago all the vw Garages were given a list with what number in line each van was.

I ordered 31st December. I'm order number 333. Build June delivery July.

I have been told that they are now doing them in order number order to make it fair.

Hopefully this is correct but of course time will tell.

Ha our messages must have crossed paths while posting. This is the bit where I can tell I'm going to get grumpy. Our 4motion 204 order was accepted Oct 1 and I still don't have a build date, while other dealers have managed to do a better job of getting their customers ahead in the line.
As mentioned previously, our Ocean 4Motion accepted Oct 5th went into build on March 8th and as of today is on its way to the port. I'm very surprised that you don't have a build date as I was getting the impression that most 204 orders accepted Sept/Early Oct have confirmed build dates. Have you got masses of high end options selected?

I am a late Sept order with an early Oct order factory accepted and mine has been confirmed for a few weeks now. It went into build last week and is expected to complete this week. On balance after 6 months of asking my dealer and the chat system I would say they are of equal benefit (or otherwise depending on your perspective) . The fact they contradict each other continually just highlights that until anyone has an actual factory confirmed status then know one knows when it’s going to be built. Chat have always acknowledged that chasing sales and build dates is not a core role as did brand support and customer services when they called me but the fact that they did actually escalate and got back in touch with me was a gold star in comparison to the dealers sales department. I also think provisional week 24 is an arbitrary date that most of us have been Assigned at one time or another. That would give VW a half year target number is they assigned week 24 to all unallocated builds in backlog from last year.

I am a late Sept order with an early Oct order factory accepted and mine has been confirmed for a few weeks now. It went into build last week and is expected to complete this week. On balance after 6 months of asking my dealer and the chat system I would say they are of equal benefit (or otherwise depending on your perspective) . The fact they contradict each other continually just highlights that until anyone has an actual factory confirmed status then know one knows when it’s going to be built. Chat have always acknowledged that chasing sales and build dates is not a core role as did brand support and customer services when they called me but the fact that they did actually escalate and got back in touch with me was a gold star in comparison to the dealers sales department. I also think provisional week 24 is an arbitrary date that most of us have been Assigned at one time or another. That would give VW a half year target number is they assigned week 24 to all unallocated builds in backlog from last year.
Did you ever get a number in the ‘queue’? Would be interesting to know where they’ve got to. Also, did you go from unconfirmed week 24 straight to confirmed build week, and who told you when that happened - dealer or chat?

My 2p.
204 Mo ordered 24/09. Factory Accepted 05/10.

Up to Jan 21 - no allocated build week
Dealer in Jan built March delivery April No.53
VW Chat in Feb - unconfirmed build week 14th June
Dealer last week - factory shut 2 weeks - 70 builds affected - sit tight for a new list
Today VW Chat - no build week allocated

6 months from order... lol

My expectation is mid May.

My 2p.
204 Mo ordered 24/09. Factory Accepted 05/10.

Up to Jan 21 - no allocated build week
Dealer in Jan built March delivery April No.53
VW Chat in Feb - unconfirmed build week 14th June
Dealer last week - factory shut 2 weeks - 70 builds affected - sit tight for a new list
Today VW Chat - no build week allocated

6 months from order... lol

My expectation is mid May.
Mine was accepted at the factory on exactly the same date?!?!?

I’d say to Saul to check back with the dealer, and ignore VW Chat. That new list confirming the next wave of build dates has been promised to me too...

So variable - I’m much more chilled about it in 2021. I have plans for June onwards so still a bit of float.

Glad to hear yours and others are moving through the system.

I’d say to Saul to check back with the dealer, and ignore VW Chat. That new list confirming the next wave of build dates has been promised to me too...
Agreed. I’m done with the VW chat.

Pick a number between vehicle No.1 and vehicle No.70 in the queue!?

I’m going to assume 1-25 is a 1 week delay
26-50 is a 2 week delay and 51-70+ is a 3 week delay.

Good luck in the draw!

Not heard of any Oct ordered 204 4Mo orders being built as yet or having confirmed weeks given, possibly other than the one just posted above - but looks like that was ordered in September, bit unclear. Also interested to hear if anyone has.
If it helps any I ordered 2nd week of Oct and am consistently told by the dealer that it will be built in April and that builds are being allocated by date of order, presumably placing order rather than accepted by factory. VW chat are still providing random changing ‘provisional’ build weeks, which change frequently - the latest being week 24. The dealer says to ignore VW chat completely, they are working from different lists; but curiosity gets the better of me frequently.
Much the same for me. 204 4 motion ordered 2nd Dec. By all accounts the factory has agreed it (no sh*t sherlock!!) and now its waiting for its build date. But that VW chat has changed every week. I've resigned to the fact it wont be here on April 4th as documented on my purchase document.
It wouldn't hurt for someone from VW to put an official page up on here and give us the truth and bottom line. Mind you, I'm still waiting for my awning....lol

Hi, I was late Sept order, confirmed 5th October, arrived with dealer last week. I went to collect today and :-( There was an issue with the online Road Fund system, meaning the dealer couldn’t tax the vehicle, (204PS), so they had to lend me a vehicle as they had already taken my old car as trade in and I had cancelled the insurance. Well at least I have seen it, sat in it, had the complete handover talk from the dealer. Just have to wait for VW IT to sort themselves out and I will be back to collect. So near and yet so far!

Anyone got a build week for a 150 California? I ordered mine in January and have a build month of June but no specific week? I can see that the bigger engines are having trouble, is it the same for the 150’s or are they coming through faster?

Hi, I was late Sept order, confirmed 5th October, arrived with dealer last week. I went to collect today and :-( There was an issue with the online Road Fund system, meaning the dealer couldn’t tax the vehicle, (204PS), so they had to lend me a vehicle as they had already taken my old car as trade in and I had cancelled the insurance. Well at least I have seen it, sat in it, had the complete handover talk from the dealer. Just have to wait for VW IT to sort themselves out and I will be back to collect. So near and yet so far!
I wonder if this is to do with VW being very late with issuing the engine performance data which means that DVLA just don’t have it yet. I am guessing you must the first with a 204. I know insurers that I have spoken to didn’t have our model identified in their list of California’s. Keep us informed Russell it sound really frustrating for you....I would be spitting feathers (well actually kicking the odd chair in the dealership as well)!!.

Anyone got a build week for a 150 California? I ordered mine in January and have a build month of June but no specific week? I can see that the bigger engines are having trouble, is it the same for the 150’s or are they coming through faster?
Ordered ours in November. No confirmed build week for us yet, sadly.

I haven't got a build week for a 150 ordered on 8 October...April build month, but no week.

Ordered ours in November. No confirmed build week for us yet, sadly.
Oh dear, not good! I was hoping the 150’s were smoother sailing as they don’t get as much mention on here!

I haven't got a build week for a 150 ordered on 8 October...April build month, but no week.
I’m bored of build month now lol! I want build week! The dealer has been really good with regular updates but I open each weekly email thinking is today the day, and it’s not . Very aware I’ve waited no where near as long as most so this isn’t a complaint, just very excited to get motoring!

I wonder if this is to do with VW being very late with issuing the engine performance data which means that DVLA just don’t have it yet. I am guessing you must the first with a 204. I know insurers that I have spoken to didn’t have our model identified in their list of California’s. Keep us informed Russell it sound really frustrating for you....I would be spitting feathers (well actually kicking the odd chair in the dealership as well)!!.
Yes, I think it’s only a 204 issue. VW insurance had to speak to their underwriters to find something similar to give me a quote. I may have kicked a chair but we’re not allowed in the dealers at the moment. At least I get to practice my manouevering in their van and not mine. Got to look on the bright side, others are having far worse issues. :)

Did you ever get a number in the ‘queue’? Would be interesting to know where they’ve got to. Also, did you go from unconfirmed week 24 straight to confirmed build week, and who told you when that happened - dealer or chat?
No i never ever got to know my official queue number, my dealer said the list didn't exist at first, and by the time is existence was confirmed i had had a build week allocated, so i really have no idea what my official number is or was. I am still a little concerned that even though my build week has come and gone, that it might not mean anything and i wont find out till i next ask on the 29th if it has come out of the factory. For now i just have to assume it is in progress.

Yes, I think it’s only a 204 issue. VW insurance had to speak to their underwriters to find something similar to give me a quote. I may have kicked a chair but we’re not allowed in the dealers at the moment. At least I get to practice my manouevering in their van and not mine. Got to look on the bright side, others are having far worse issues. :)
Yes you are right although mine arrived at Emden last Tuesday and still no indication of when it will be shipped...I am guessing it will come to Grimsby and I am 5 miles from the dock where they land, so could camp at the fence and watch it coming off the ship if only I knew what ship...lol....just ordered a tracker today as there are deals to be had for orders in March but can’t tell them when it can be fitted

Yes you are right although mine arrived at Emden last Tuesday and still no indication of when it will be shipped...I am guessing it will come to Grimsby and I am 5 miles from the dock where they land, so could camp at the fence and watch it coming off the ship if only I knew what ship...lol....just ordered a tracker today as there are deals to be had for orders in March but can’t tell them when it can be fitted
Oooh what tracker did you go for?

Ordered 14th November, build week was last week (assume it went ahead, we’ll see!), was 175th in the queue when the dealer list came out last month. 150 Coast.

Back