Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Dealer Comms on my Ocean 4Motion 204 due for build March and delivery April. Ordered 24/09.

2 week unplanned shutdown affecting Feb/March dispatch dates. Initial vehicle builds completed. 3rd shift implemented at Hannover California factory to recover delays - 70 UK vehicles impacted. Awaiting re-scheduled dates.

I have assumed a 2 week delay to Mid- May.

Thanks, SB

Dealer Comms on my Ocean 4Motion 204 due for build March and delivery April. Ordered 24/09.

2 week unplanned shutdown affecting Feb/March dispatch dates. Initial vehicle builds completed. 3rd shift implemented at Hannover California factory to recover delays - 70 UK vehicles impacted. Awaiting re-scheduled dates.

I have assumed a 2 week delay to Mid- May.

Thanks, SB
Have you been in touch with VW Chat or the dealer to check if your status 20 has moved onto 30 or 36?

I’m avoiding the VW chat. I prefer the version of uncertainty the dealer offers!

I did ask for a specific status update but only received the email. I’ll wait a few weeks and ask again.
Completely understand....I however, won't be able to help myself contacting them on Monday to check if my status 20, build week 10, has moved off the production line.....

Completely understand....I however, won't be able to help myself contacting them on Monday to check if my status 20, build week 10, has moved off the production line.....
I decided to phone daytime so I could speak to someone rather than on line...they went off to check status with Brand Department (guess thats the Cali dept) and got a better result than through web chat 2 days earlier...so I recommend you go there. My Cali build week 9 is at Emden awaiting shipping to, I hope, Grimsby as it is just down the road from where I live and my supplier is in Hull so not far. They could not confirm when it would be shipped but did say it was on priority due to my mid August order date..... but who knows!....what that means. There is a ship (Main Highway) docking in Grimsby from Emden (where they seem to be shipped from) docking at 20.06 tonight so it might be on that .....but who knows!....then there is the time it will take to get it to the dealer.....but who knows!...life in Cali suspension goes on...lol.....have a good weekend all

What’s the most recent order dates to have just got a build week? I ordered in January and have a June build but no specific week so far

Just wanted to give a forum update/reference for other members -

My build week 10 Ocean 4Motion has today, 2 weeks later, moved to Status 30 in transit from Factory to port. Despite the VW brand information recently about delays in the factory, the most recent builds appear to be moving though in the normal 2 week period on the whole? Do all recent builds agree?

Reference time-line:
Order acceptance at factory to actual build = 22 weeks
Build time = 2 weeks
Factory to dealership....?

I

My build week 10 Ocean 4Motion has today, 2 weeks later, moved to Status 30 in transit from Factory to port. Despite the VW brand information recently about delays in the factory, the most recent builds appear to be moving though in the normal 2 week period on the whole? Do all recent builds agree?
well mine arrived at port last Tuesday, I called VW customer service today just to check if there had been any further progress only to be told there is an 8 stage process that each vehicle goes through from leaving factory to getting to the dealer an each process can take up to a week which means it could be another 7 weeks still to wait....has anyone else been given that timescale ?

Reference time-line:
Order acceptance at factory to actual build = 22 weeks
Build time = 2 weeks
Factory to dealership....?
What you need now is status 38 (vehicle in port of exit- released for shipping) as soon as it gets to Emden

I

well mine arrived at port last Tuesday, I called VW customer service today just to check if there had been any further progress only to be told there is an 8 stage process that each vehicle goes through from leaving factory to getting to the dealer an each process can take up to a week which means it could be another 7 weeks still to wait....has anyone else been given that timescale ?
My dealer has just told me once it’s on the way to the port, it’s 3-4 weeks from the dealership!?

What you need now is status 38 (vehicle in port of exit- released for shipping) as soon as it gets to Emden
VW also mentioned the 3rd Party website to track the ship once you know which one it is!

Our build week 9 Ocean 4Motion is at the port of Emden awaiting shipment, Status 38. It can take upto 10 days to be assigned a sailing.

Order accepted by VW early October, build took the scheduled 2 weeks. Currently 24 weeks since order accepted, 26 weeks since order placed..

Last edited:
Anyone with a 204 4motion order at the end of sept/start of oct got a build date in march yet?

Our build week 9 Ocean 4Motion is at the port of Emden awaiting shipment, Status 38. It can take upto 10 days to be assigned a sailing.

Order accepted by VW early October, build took the scheduled 2 weeks. Currently 24 weeks since order placed.
Mine arrived at Emben last Tuesday and still no shipping date given yet.My order was accepted 24 August currently 30 weeks since order

Order accepted by VW early October, build took the scheduled 2 weeks. Currently 24 weeks since order placed.
Ha our messages must have crossed paths while posting. This is the bit where I can tell I'm going to get grumpy. Our 4motion 204 order was accepted Oct 1 and I still don't have a build date, while other dealers have managed to do a better job of getting their customers ahead in the line.

Anyone with a 204 4motion order at the end of sept/start of oct got a build date in march yet?
Hi we ordered a 204 4motion last week in sept and it’s a week 11 build status 20 currently. I.e. halfway through the build. Hope this helps

Ha our messages must have crossed paths while posting. This is the bit where I can tell I'm going to get grumpy. Our 4motion 204 order was accepted Oct 1 and I still don't have a build date, while other dealers have managed to do a better job of getting their customers ahead in the line.
Not heard of any Oct ordered 204 4Mo orders being built as yet or having confirmed weeks given, possibly other than the one just posted above - but looks like that was ordered in September, bit unclear. Also interested to hear if anyone has.
If it helps any I ordered 2nd week of Oct and am consistently told by the dealer that it will be built in April and that builds are being allocated by date of order, presumably placing order rather than accepted by factory. VW chat are still providing random changing ‘provisional’ build weeks, which change frequently - the latest being week 24. The dealer says to ignore VW chat completely, they are working from different lists; but curiosity gets the better of me frequently.

Back